Chapter 8

Seeing You

Chapter 8

 

After coming home from work, a very tired Woohyun stepped inside his dark apartment and headed to the kitchen to get a drink. The telephhone on the counter flashed blinking lights, indicating that there were missed calls.

Woohyun stared at the phone, contemplating whether he should dial back the call or not.

 

Kim Min Jung

Seoul, Korea

3 Missed Calls

1 New Message

 

Choosing to ignore the call back button, Woohyun picked up the phone and dialed for the voicemail. After a few rings, a female's voice filled Woohyun's ears.

 

...Woohyun-ah, it's me, Mom. Or should I say, your other mom.

Hyun, your appa...He is not well. We had put him through several surgeries with the money you gave us, but...I think (her voice broke a little here)

...he does not have a long time left. The doctor said that at most 2 months. And the money ran out...

Woohyun-ah, Mom is sorry. I only called you because...the end for your dad is near. Even thou-though we had abandoned you, you sho-should at least come visit once like your sisters.

Let your dad see your face at least once before he dies. Please Hyu-

 

Woohyun slammed down the receiver down with force, knocking over the glass of water by the phone. The glass shattered, and at the same time, Woohyun broke down crying.

 

Now they call me. After 16 years of abandoning me, he only sees my money. Is money all I am to them?

Woohyun bent down to pick up the shattered glass, his tears blurring his sight. The tear drops flooded the floor, mixing with the blood from Woohyun's cut up hand. He couldn't stop his tears. The sorrow, built up from the past 16 years, spilled from his eyes as he screamed out in anguish.

"I was abandoned. No one likes me for the person I am. AM I ONLY A MONEY BANK? "

He sat by the telephone, the receiver dangling off the counter and replaying the message again and again. The haunting voice of his father's farewell replayed itself again and again in his head.

 

"APPA! DON'T LEAVE ME! NO! UMMA! WHERE ARE YOU? I PROMISE TO BE GOOD! I-"

"Shut up you piece of . Who are you to call your father?" Woohyun's dad, Mr. Kim, shoved the sobbing mess away from his arms. Woohyun's body fell back, his crashing into the side of the bridge.

He stopped crying. He couldn't see anything. Even the tiny ray of light Woohyun's eyes occasionally saw faded away. His body was flat on the floor, his head throbbing from the impact.

With his last ounce of strength, Woohyun whispered.

"...Why?..."

Mr. Kim smirked, glad to be rid of the boy that had burdened his family since birth.

"Because you are a damn waste of space. Someone like you shouldn't even be living. Who would want you?"

The last thing Woohyun heard before passing out was the fading footsteps of his father.

"...Who..would want me..." Woohyun fainted, waking up three days later to the scent of strawberries and the voice of an angel.

 

"...Strawberry hyung, where are you? WHY DID YOU ABANDON ME TOO? "

"...that's right, no one would want me."

Woohyun fell asleep against the counter, pieces of glass stuck to his hand and exhausted from crying. And this was how Sunggyu found him hours later, entering the dark kitchen with a suitcase in each hand.

 

 A/N

Wow, I really at writing angst...and sorry for the short update >.<

SORRY FOR THE CRAP WRITING >.< I WILL TRY TO PROOFREAD THIS WEEKEND I SWEAR

AND EVERYONE WHO SUBSCRIBED AND COMMENTED, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

SARANGHAE~~~~~