Chapter 12 (Flashback)

Seeing You

Chapter 12

 

This...is quite nice.

 

Sungyeol leaned against his broom, finished with cleaning the floor a long time ago. He smiled at the black haired man wiping the blackboard in front of him, quite happy that he got time to spend with Myungsoo alone, for once.

"...Yah, if you are not all enough then just tell me."

Myungsoo jumped up and down, stretching his arms out as far as he could to reach the top of the board. The amused Sungyeol watched the boy struggle for a while before taking the eraser from his hand and easily wiped the top of the blackboard.

The shorter boy pouted, unhappy that his friend is making fun of him again because of his height.

The sun shined through the window, casting a nice glow in the empty classroom. Everybody has left already, and it was Myungsoo and Sungyeol's turn to clean up the classroom. Their conversation reverberated through the room, lightening up the atmosphere.

Sungyeol gave back the eraser to Myungsoo, who is still pouting. The sun's ray's bounced off the boy's black hair, giving him a halo of light. At that moment to Sungyeol, Myungsoo was truly an angel.

"Yeol?" Myungsoo asked, bringing the daydreaming choding back to earth.

"Hmm?"

"HIYAHHH!"

A cloud of chalk dust puffed out of nowhere, leaving the surprised Sungyeol chocking and waving his hand around frantically to clear the smoke. Myungsoo had grabbed two blackboard erasers and slammed them together in front of Sungyeol's face.

"YAH KIM MYUNGSOO, ARE YOU CRAZY?" Cough cough. "I'm going to kill yo-" Cough cough

The delighted Myungsoo threw his head back in laughter and snorted loudly.

"Never knew you would fall for that."

Sungyeol blinked the chalk dust away from his eyes. The dust had covered the floor Sungyeol had just swept minutes ago, but that was not where his attention was.

Myungsoo is completely covered in chalk dust, the white powder similar to snow rested on his raven colored hair. Along with his gleaming eyes and a contagious smile, Sungyeol lost his control and bent down to press his lips lightly to the other boy's.

Sungyeol gasped, staggering backwards after a few seconds and his brain had registered what he had done.

Oh crap. Oh crap. Oh freaking crap. Oh my freaking God I...

"I..." Sungyeol started blushing, starting to ramble on random excuses that immediately popped up to his head.

"There was a piece of chalk on your lips and I wanted to clean it off but my hands are also dirty and I don't want to make your beautif- I mean your face even dirtier so I decided to do that not because I want to take advantage of you or anything I mean I think your face is good looking but not that I am attrac- oof!"

Myungsoo reached over and pulled in his friend for a bear hug. Crushing the tall boy in his arms, Myungsoo grinned as widely as he could.

"I do, though."

Sungyeol pulled away from the hug, looking away from Myungsoo's warm eyes shyly.

"Wha-What do you mean?"

Myungsoo tipped Sungyeol's chin up, forcing the boy to meet his eyes.

"I think, no, I believe, that you are attractive. Finally you realized your feelings, Yeol-ah. All my efforts did not go to waste."

"What do you mean?"

Myungsoo hugged the boy again, whispering to his tall choding.

"I wanted to make you jealous, so that is why I dated all those girls."

Sungyeol thought for a moment, the realization slowly sinking in.

"YAH KIM MYUNGSOO I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!!" With the broom, Sungyeol started to chase the laughing boy around the desks in the classroom.

They collapsed on the chairs after several minutes, both of them wearing the same grin. Silently, they inched their faces closer to each other.

Puff, puff. The air grew hotter as they stared at each other.

They closed that last inch between them and crashed their lips together, the same thought running through their heads.

Mine. He is mine.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

A Few Weeks later...

Myungsoo's fist connected with the door with a loud thud, rattling the loose hinges. His father has found out about Sungyeol and had the laugh of his lifetime, happy to catch another of his son's flaws. Myungsoo had been made to listen to the cursing about Sungyeol, the dirty words spilling out of his father's mouth.

 

"You bastard. You . How low can you go? My son is gay! I heard that the son of a is named Sungyeol. Disgusting name to suit a disgusting piece of trash. He can go-"

"SHUT THE F-"

"AHAHAHAH! Bring him home Kim Myungsoo-yah. I want to meet him."

"I WILL NEVER LET YOU TOUCH A SINGLE HAIR ON HIM!"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

"Myungsoo-yah, does your father like strawberries or apples."

"Apples...but why..."

Sungyeol grinned bashfully.  "I think...it's time for me to meet him."

"NO!" Myungsoo stood up suddenly, knocking off his chair and glared down at a startled choding. "Do you not know what kind of person he is?"

Sungyeol smiled softly, reaching his arms out to comfort his boyfriend. "I know. That is why I want to meet him. He can't hurt me."

"He can't physically, but he will find a way to tear you apart with only words."

"I will still go."

"No, I won't allow you."

"...If you don't let me go, let's break up."

"WHAT? YOU-"

With a smirk, Sungyeol ran out of the classroom and went to the nearest supermarket to buy a basket of apples to bring to Myungsoo's house.

Mr. Kim can't be that bad. As long as I can convince him to not hurt Myungie anymore, I am willing to do anything.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

Sungyeol rang the doorbell, nervously tugging at his dress shirt's clean collars and standing up a bit straighter. The door hinged open to reveal a dashing man dressed impeccably in a pinstripe suit, nothing like the alcoholic father Myungsoo had described.

"Welcome Lee Sungyeol-sshi. I am Kim Jungsoo, Myungoo's father."

Sungyeol gave the elder a ninety degree bow and straightened up, stretching his arms out to offer the fruit basket he bought beforehand.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Kim. I am Lee Sungyeol, Myungsoo's boyfriend. Please take care of me!"

"...boyfriend?"

Sungyeol blushed, still not used to the title. "Er...yes. Or if you are uncomfortable with it, we are really good friends. I care about him a lot."

"And Lee Sungyeol-sshi, I suppose you believe that my son cares about you a lot too?"

Sungyeol nodded, a blush creeping upon his cheeks. However, what Mr. Kim said next rendered the young boy utterly speechless.

"My son is a piece of trash that deserves nothing from anyone. The fact that you are willing to sink this low and believe that my son cares about you...pfft you bastard."

Sungyeol's eyes widened, unable to comprehend what the man was saying.

Reaching out to grab his collar, Mr. Kim pulled in Sungyeol roughly and whispered to his ears, the alcohol clearly present in his breath.

"Get the f*** out of his life before I destroy it."

"W-why should I? I-I will protect him!"

"Every word you say to him will turn to a cut on his wrist. Every time you lay your eyes on him, a new bruise will appear on his back. He is still a Kim, and I refuse to let a motherf***** turn my son gay."

"..."

"Do you hear me?"

Sungyeol nodded slowly, finally understanding that his presence will only make things harder for Myungsoo once he comes home. However, he was determined to not give up his relationship.

"Yes." Sungyeol whispered.

Mr. Kim smirked, and Sungyeol hated that the man resembled his beloved so much.

"Good. Now get out."

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

Myungsoo did not show up to school the next day. Sungyeol, who was shocked and worried to death, refused to eat his lunch and brooded silently, speculating what might have happened.

"...It is all my fault."

He did not show up until the next Monday, his legs in crutches and carrying a tired smile.

"Yeol-ah...long time no see."

Sungyeol crushed the limping boy in a bear hug and cried into Myungsoo's neck, glad to have his boyfriend back.

"I...thought you were dead!"

"Kim Myungsoo does not die easily, although he will die if Lee Sungyeol-sshi will not give him a kiss in the next three seconds."

Sungyeol scoffed and pulled away from the grinning Myungsoo. Together, they ascended the steps to the school. As they were walking, Sungyeol couldn't help but feel that they were being watched.

 

Myungsoo did not come to school for a month after that.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

"OPEN THE DOOR!!!"

Sungyeol pounded on the door to Myungsoo's shabby apartment, his attitude nothing like the polite and nervous boy from before.

Mr. Kim opened the door and snarled.

"Why are you here yo-"

SLAM.

Sungyeol punched the man standing in front of him, unable to hold in his anger.

"WHAT DID MYUNGSOO DO WRONG THAT YOU HAVE TO HURT HIM SO MUCH?"

"..."

"ANSWER ME!"

"..."

"Do you want him to live happily? That piece of trash?"

"He is not a piece of trash, and of course I want him to be happy."

Mr. Kim scoffed, unable to believe that someone has the nerve to act out against him. Taking out an envelope of money, his father took out a match and threatened to light it on fire.

"This bag of money is what the bastard of a son saved up to attend your damned school".

"DON'T!" The money was what Myungsoo earned everyday afterschool working in the cafe, every penny needed to pay the expensive tuition.

"Not only this, I can kick him out and the gangs outside will take him within hours. I can break his leg again, or maybe his back this time..."

"NO!" Sungyeol screamed, unable to believe that such a vile human being even exists.

"Then...what are you willing to do for my son?"

"...anything." Sungyeol whispered, squeezing his eyes shut, imagining the amount pain Myungsoo will have to suffer under each day.

"Bend down and beg me like a dog, you bastard!"

Sungyeol stared into the man's steely eyes, sliding one foot back and dropped to a formal bow on the ground.

"Good. Repeat after me."

"..."

"I will disappear from Kim Myungsoo's life, and I will not tell him why".

"...I ...will disappear from Kim Myungsoo's life, and I will... not tell... him why ". Sobs began to spill from Sungyeol's eyes, forcing his head to be pressed to the dirty floor.

"I will cut all ties with him and do not appear in front of him ever again."

"I..." Sungyeol's voice shook, trembling to contain his sobs. "will cut all ties with him and do not appear in front of him..." His voice broke here.

"...continue and finish."

"ever...again."

"Good."

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

The next day, Sungyeol dropped out from school and moved to America. He did not tell anyone, leaving behind a confused Myungsoo to stare at his empty seat everyday in class.

Text after text were sent, calls were made until his minutes ran out. Hours were spent on asking everyone of Sungyeol's whereabouts.

No one knew where, and Myungsoo nearly went crazy with grief.

 

A picture was sent to Myungsoo's house after a month, containing the same type of Post-it as before and a photograph.

The picture was of a stunningly gorgeous girl in the middle of kissing Sungyeol, the two of them locked together in a passionate embrace.

The Post-it had one line of text on it.

"This is Hyuna, my new girlfriend. Myungie, it was fun messing with you."

 

Myungsoo's hand crushed the paper, anger replacing his pain.

He regretted to have trusted Sungyeol. He regretted to have opened his heart. He did not see the real nature of Lee Sungyeol. Love had turned him blind to the awful side of human nature.

 

"AHHH!!! DAMN YOU LEE SUNGYEOL!"

 

A dark figure grinned when he heard the anguished cries of the boy, happy that his plan worked at last.

 

 

 

 

A/N

This is the end of the Myungyeol arc for a while... Woogyu will be next :P

HAPPY REALLY BELATED VALENTINES DAY!~

No proofread because Robotics took up my whole life as I knew it T_T

shameless...