Chapter 2

Seeing You

Chapter 2

Holding the boarding pass between his lips and carrying a suitcase in each hand, Kim Sunggyu boarded the Boeing 747 plane that will take him to New York. This business trip has been planned for this January, but Sunggyu, being the lazy hamster he is, managed to push off the trip until this summer.

This CEO is so persistent. What's wrong with emails? Why do I have to travel all the way over to America when he can just as easily come to Seoul? Aish...I want to stay ho-

"Ahhh! I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention! Sorry!!" a man bumped into the business man and made his boarding pass fall from his lips. Sunggyu looked down and saw a blue-haired man crawling on his fours to pick up Sunggyu's boarding pass.

"Here you go! Ah, we are neighbors! Now nice! My name is Jang Dongwoo and I am a musician. Last time I went to New York for a concert, I had to sit next to this 200 pounds lady who squished me to the wall! It was the worst flight ever! At least this time I am sitting next to someone skinny and...wow! You are quite handsome--Kim Sunggyu-shii! Although your eyes...heh." Dongwoo launched into a friendly rant while Sunggyu silently took care of his luggage and storing them on the overhead compartment.

Urgh. Why is he so loud...here goes my sleep time...I should have brought earphones. Sunggyu complained inside his head. And what's wrong with my eyes?!?!?! They are just a bit smaller than usual...I even measured them!

"Ah. Thank you. Nice to meet you too. If you don't mind, I am going to sleep...Dongwon-sshi."

"It's Dongwoo. And go ahead and sleep! I will wake you up when the food comes. That reminds me, the last time I was here, the dinner was terrible! They---"

Sunggyu tuned out Dongwoo's chattering voice and turned his small eyes to the window. His eyes zeroed on a black haired man walking with a cane and holding onto the arms of another man. He looked as if he was blind.

Hyunnie. Where are you? Is there someone treating you well? Are your eyes alright? Wait for me. I will find you and let you see the city lights you dreamed of seeing one day. Hyung is going to the New York city you wanted to go. Wait for hyung, ok?

 

Sunggyu stepped out of the gateway, searching with his small eyes for the secretary that was supposed to pick him up at the airport.

It wasn't hard to spot the neon pink sign that read "Kim Sunggyu! Here!"

Pink. Of all the colors. Sunggyu detested the color, as it reminded him of the cherry blossoms that fell the day he left his Hyunnie.

Slowly approaching the neon colored sign and earning looks from the other passengers, the CEO met the smiling face behind the neon sign.

"You must be Kim Sunggyu CEO-nim! Nice to meet you! My name is Lee Sungyeol, CEO Nam's secretary. How was your trip?"

Sunggyu replied that he was fine and stifled a yawn. Dongwoo had been too loud the whole time and the grandpa-like man was not able to get his beauty sleep.

The two headed to a black Audi and Sungyeol instructed the driver to take them to the hotel in perfect English. The tired business man decided that he will head out to get coffee at night to help him stay awake. Sunggyu looked out from his seat and saw the busy city the Big Apple is during the day.

Hyunnie. I am here.

 

"I brought him to the hotel. Apparently his secretary Kim Myungsoo had personal matters to attend to and will be joining him tomorrow....and I have to go meet him in the airport again." This last part Sungyeol whispered under his breath.

Woohyun nodded his thanks. He stood up and stretched, lifting his shirt up to reveal chocolate abs that had been a product of his hard workouts each week.

"Aigoo hyung~ Stop flashing everyone or Mr. and Mrs. Nam will fire you for breaking every female employee's heart." Sungyeol complained.

Woohyun smiled greasily and pouted "Ahh. What do I do Yeollie-ah? I am naturally attractive. I can't help it if everyone I smile at immediately fall for me~"

Sungyeol rolled his eyes, all of his previous politeness falling away to show the Yeollie Woohyun knew as his best friend. "Can I go home with you hyung? I want chicken and beer..."

Woohyun readily agreed, offering to leave first to buy the food while Sungyeol finishes his work. He stepped outside of his office, taking one last look at the bright city lights he loved so much.

Flashback

"Strawberry hyung! Where is that place? Hyunnie wants to go there with Strawberry hyung!" Woohyun asked his hyung after reading a Braille book about big cities.

"It is a place with many tall buildings and pretty lights. The best place is New York City. Mr. Shim told me that the city is beautiful at night." Sunggyu replied.

"Then I want to go there with Strawberry hyung! But hyung, what is your name? Why can't you tell me?"

"It's a secret. Besides, I like being called Strawberry hyung. It's better than being called a hamster." Sunggyu replied.

"Why is hyung a hamster?"

"Because I have small ey- I DON'T KNOW AISH" Sunggyu scratched his head in frustration.

"OHHH. So Strawberry hyung has small eyes. Then, we are the same. I am blind so I can't see, but hyung has small eyes so he can't see! OW HYUNG THAT HURTS~"

Flashback ends

 

Woohyun entered the coffee shop. He nodded at the Korean barista behind the counter and ordered his usual drinks. A strawberry smoothie for him and an Americano for Sungyeol.

The barista called out the order "A strawberry smoothie and Americano".

Woohyun walked to the counter and grabbed the smoothie without looking up from his phone, only to find that another person's hand was there first. He looked away from his phone and was startled to find a pair of small but warm eyes looking back at him.

"I am sorry. I think this was my order. "Woohyun said in English, leaving the other man look at him in confusion.

"I is sorry. It is my- " the man struggled to explain in English.

"No, I'm sorry sir. This is my order and I think you misheard. " Woohyun firmly answered, tightening his grip on the strawberry smoothie.

"Aish this person is so annoying..." the man muttered under his breath in Korean.

"Excuse me? I am Korean." Woohyun replied, deeply offended.

"Ah. I will speak comfortably then. This is my drink as I was before you in line."

"But this is the exactly my order. It was just finished earlier so why should I give it to you?"

"But y-"

"A strawberry smoothie and Americano for Woohyun" the barista called out.

"Ah...I am sorry..." Woohyun retracted his hands and ignored the tingly feeling he had after touching the other man's hand.

 

Sunggyu walked out of the shop after a few minutes and stepped out to a pouring storm.

"Aish. What is wrong with my luck today..." Sunggyu looked up, cursing himself for walking this far without an umbrella. He stepped out onto the road and sprinted across the street.

A black Audi came at him and Sunggyu barely dodged the car and fell into a puddle by the sidewalk.

The car came to a screeching stop and the owner came running out with an umbrella.

"I am sorry! I didn't see you. Are you alright? I am so-" Woohyun paused, looking at the familiar, drenched man standing up from the puddle looking like a hamster that fell into water.

"Aren't you the person that almost stole my smoothie a second ago?" Sunggyu asked the man carrying the umbrella.

Woohyun blushed. Why is it this person again... Is this destiny?