Chapter 20

Seeing You

Chapter 20

 

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi, please consider marrying me." Wait that sounds too formal.

"Sunggyu-ah, I love you so much so can you pleeeeeeeeeeease marry me???" That sounds really childish.

Woohyun coughed and stood up straighter. He scratched his head in frustration and flopped down to a crossed legged position in his bedroom. A calendar stared back at Woohyun, a day exactly a week from today circled in red marker.

"Baby my love beautiful, please marry me." Gyu hyung will probably chop me up into pieces if I say this...

"AISH KIM SUNGGYU JUST WEAR THIS DAMN RING OR I'LL SUPERGLUE IT ONTO YOUR FINGER FOREVER!"

Nope. Not this either.

What is wrong with me...is proposing really this hard?

Woohyun's right hand is tightly holding onto a ring box.

 

 

Sunggyu woke up from his nightmare with a shudder. In his dreams, Sunggyu was moved to a new dimension where everyone in his life lost all memories of him and treated him as a stranger. His Woohyun had forgotten about Sunggyu completely and married the childhood hyung the younger man spoke of before. For some reason, Woohyun's hyung ended up looking like the blond diva they met before, something like a Door or Key.

"I need to find this hyung person soon..."

A door slam was heard minutes later as Sunggyu went inside his bathroom to take a shower. A calendar fell off from the door, showing the same date circled and labeled.

July 20. It was their five month anniversary. It was also the day Woohyun had planned to propose to Sunggyu, but the hamster did not know that.

Right after work today, Sunggyu was about to met up with the detective he hired to track down Woohyun's beloved hyung. Sunggyu believed that by finding this mysterious hyung, Woohyun will learn to let go of his past and enjoy his life with Sunggyu. Unable to admit his jealousy even to himself, his mysterious person has been on Sunggyu's mind ever since Woohyun first mentioned him. At the time, Woohyun's eyes expressed an emotion that Sunggyu has never seen before. His eyes were sorrowful and filled with longing and love, and the amount of affection Woohyun had for this person seriously scared Sunggyu.

A text message interrupted Sunggyu's thoughts as he came out of the shower. It was from Detective Lee to remind Sunggyu of their appointment later.

I will find you.

 

Having arrived at the cafe twenty minutes earlier, the nervous Sunggyu fiddled around with the handle of his coffee. It was not long until a tall, model-like man showed up to Sunggyu's table carrying a yellow manila envelope.

Detective Lee stuck out his hand and introduced himself. "Nice to meet you Kim Sunggyu-sshi, I am Detective Lee Jong Suk. It is nice to finally see you in person".

Sunggyu smiled. Before, the two had only communicated via phone and email. There were not a lot of clues about this mysterious hyung, as Sunggyu had to conduct his research in secret without Woohyun knowing.

"So where is he?" Sunggyu asked after they sat down and ordered more coffee.

Detective Lee took out a stack of paper from the envelope he had and shook out several pictures.

"I tracked down the agency that processed Woohyun-sshi's adoption process. As you know, Woohyun's parents had adopted him at a young age, so information was scarce. I went through and called the only telephone number left of the orphanage, and apparently they had closed down after the owner passes away two years ago".

"So there is no one left?" Sunggyu asked, his hopeful face falling in disappointment.

Jong Suk smiled. Without a word he pointed to a picture on the table. It showed a young Woohyun standing with his birth parents.

"I have seen this picture before, " Sunggyu said, unsure of what the detective was trying to say.

"What is this on Mrs. Nam's hand?"

Sunggyu squinted at the photo. Mrs. Nam was holding a certificate that probably contained all the legal details of Woohyun's adoption.

"The certificate..."

"Yes. After searching around for a while, I finally located the person who issued this certificate. It turns out that the agency that dealt with the adoption did not issue this certificate. Rather, it was a man named Mr. Shim. Here are his living address in Korea and a telephone number".

Sunggyu was overjoyed. "Thank you so much Detective Lee, thank you so much!" Sunggyu jumped up from his seat and hugged the detective, who was quite shocked.

"Now, calm down Sunggyu-sshi," the tall man said. "I think you have an airplane ticket to book."

Sunggyu nodded excitedly. He gathered up his belongings quickly and bid goodbye to the detective.

He took out his smartphone and booked the next flight to Korea.

 

The person you have called is currently busy. Please call back later or leave a message after the tone.

Beep.

"YAH GYU HYUNG WHERE ARE YOU??? I CALLED YOU SO MANY TIMES AND WHY ARE YOU NOT PICKING UP? DID SOMETHING GO WRONG? WHERE ARE YOU? I AM SO WORRIED YOU IDIOT HYUNG, HURRY UP AND COME BACK HO-"

The message machine timed out in the middle of Woohyun's sixth voicemail to Sunggyu that hour. Woohyun took out his frustration on the wooden cabinet next to him and immediately regretted, since his foot is not throbbing in pain.

Woohyun took out the box containing the ring and stared at it longingly. Sunggyu had picked the wrong time to disappear. Sighing in defeat, Woohyun picked up his phone and dialed again.

Where are you hyung...

 

At the same time, Sunggyu was busy weaving through the streets of Seoul, looking for the correct apartment that Mr. Shim apparently lives in. Once a Seoul native, the time spent in America has rendered Sunggyu helpless and hopelessly lost in the busy capitol city.

Maybe I should give Woohyun a call. He must be throwing a fit right now. 

He took out his phone and was about to call when it ran out of battery and crashed. Sunggyu cursed himself for not charging the phone before he left.

After much struggles, he found the apartment complex and entered a hallway.

706, 704, 702. This is it.

Sunggyu took a deep breath and prepared himself. It is entirely possible that this person can turn out to be a dead end to the mystery of Woohyun's hyung. But ever the optimists, Sunggyu rang the door bell and waited.

"Who is i-" A gray haired man opened the door. The book in his hand fell down as he saw Sunggyu's face.

"Hi, my name is Kim Sunggyu and I-"

"Sunggyu-yah!" The man cried and enveloped the hamster in a warm hug.

The flustered man gently pried himself away from the old man and was about to run away when he paused and saw a familiar smile on the crying man's face.

It was Mr. Shim, his old orphanage caretaker.

 

 

A/N

Oooooh Sunggyu finally found out... Now it is up to him to connect the dots.

I am sorry for the slow updates. This week is break so there should be more updates later on. I promise.

Infinite better have their comeback soon or I will never get a birthday present... >.<

 

AND WHAT THE HECK THERE ARE 1OO SUBSCRIBERS TO THIS STORY HOLY CRAP I CANT BELIEVE THIS. THIS IS A DREAM RIGHT??? I CANT...I JUST CANT... (went to scream and jump up and down in happiness) I LOVE YOU ALL AND PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS STORY AND INFINITE!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!