Chapter 18

Seeing You

Chapter 18

 

"...I am in love with you."

Sunggyu was stunned. No, he was utterly speechless. Never did he expect to have his beloved friend and trusted secretary to harbor such feelings for him. To Sunggyu, Myungsoo was like the brother he never had.

What made it worse was that he was there.

Yes, that person. Nam Woohyun.

For the past week, Woohyun was all he could think about. Drinking his smoothie, Sunggyu's mind wandered to Woohyun. Looking at the potted plant in his office, Sunggyu remembered the locked door incident. Whenever Woohyun smiles so happily that his eyes disappear, Sunggyu smiles a bit inside, too.

Sunggyu has grown fond of Woohyun so much that the young man's flaws has become endearing.

Therefore, having his friend confess his feelings right in front of the guy Sunggyu has been interested in does not really serve Sunggyu any good.

Sunggyu was scared.

 

The four of them stared at each other with widely ranged expressions on their faces. Sunggyu's jaw was about to hit the floor. Myungsoo's eyes were wide when he saw Sungyeol, whose face started scrunching up in an obvious attempt to stop his tears. Surprisingly, Woohyun looked the calmest out of the four and started speaking first, breaking the awkward silence.

"It seems that I have...interrupted something. Congrats Sunggyu-sshi. Please report back to the office after you are done with your personal affairs. Good bye everyone." the black haired man his heels and proceeded to the exit.

"No wait! I can explain! Wait!!" Sunggyu started after Woohyun, only to have his wrist held back by Myungsoo.

"Hyung..." Myungsoo lowered his head and focused on his hand, tightly holding onto Sunggyu's wrist. "Are...you sure? I promise to make you happy. I-"

"Sorry Myungsoo." Sunggyu said as he gently pried off Myungsoo's hesitant fingers on his wrist.  "You are like a brother to me, the closest friend I have and one of the most important people in my life. But that is all you are to me, I am sorry..."

"...My offer still stands! I won't give up!" Myungsoo shouted as Sunggyu dashed out of the cafe after Woohyun.

Sighing, Myungsoo ploped down on his seat and stared at the empty seat across from him, his plans completely ruined. He put his arms onto the table and rested his head, closing his eyes and ignoring the wave of tears about to come out.

He heard the scraping of a chair and the sound of a person sitting down in Sunggyu's seat. Without looking, Myungsoo knew it was Sungyeol who has witnessed the whole scene. Without a word, the two of them sat in silence until Myungsoo started crying.

"It's alright." Sungyeol whispered, reaching his hand across the table to pet Myungsoo's head.

"He was my best frien-friend," the dejected boy sobbed. "the person who took care of me for so long. I...I thought he-" a fresh wave of tears poured out and Sungyeol handed over a black handkerchief for Myungsoo to blow his nose in.

"What is so great about him?" Sungyeol asked, a bit angry. "This person was all Woohyun could talk about during our spare time together and I am sick of it!"

"You can't insult Kim Sunggyu in front of my face! Ever!" Myungsoo declared.

"Then please, tell me why." Sungyeol asked.

"He was the one who took care of me after you left! Happy? I was broken, you know. Devastated. I searched everywhere. Asked every single person that knew you. Took countless trips to places that you might have moved to. And what do you give me in return? TELL ME!"

"...a postcard." Sungyeol whispered.

"THAT IS RIGHT! A FREAKING POSTCARD. If you really had to move away, telling me will suffice. No. You had to send me a postcard bragging about you new life with that bi-"

"Don't call Hyuna a ." Sungyeol interrupted.

"Even now," Myungsoo bit back "You defend her. Do you think you really have the right to insult Sunggyu-hyung?"

Sungyeol pushed back his chair and stood up.

"It...was for your own good." Sungyeol murmured under his breath, leaving the table to leave the other boy alone at the table.

Myungsoo stuffed the ring deep into his pockets and threw away the roses into the closest trashcan. He picked up the handkerchief and was about to toss it away before pausing to read the engraving.

Always keep the faith.

 

 ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

On the outside, Woohyun looked composed and calm as he headed towards his parked car. Inside his head however, his thoughts were jumbled up like a maze.

Kim Sunggyu is a liar. Cheater. And Woohyun hated himself to feel so disappointed.

He is just another business man. Why are you so angry? Stop this! Stop! Stop! Stop!

"STOP!" Woohyun realized that this time, the voice was real and it came from a very angry looking hamster standing across the street. Giving the man one last bitter smile, he his back and was about to push the key to his car when he heard frantic horns beeping all of a sudden.

The alarmed Woohyun spinned around and was shocked to find Sunggyu darting past rows and rows of incoming cars, making the whole street into a mess.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU IDOIT!" Woohyun screamed at Sunggyu the second the older man safely reached Woohyun's side of the street.

Wiping of a drop of either rain or sweat from his forhead, Sunggyu breathed heavily and he slowly made his way to the car that had almost ran him over on his first day in New York City. "It's...it's so much harder to cross than Seoul."

"BECAUSE WE ARE NOT IN SEOUL YOU IDOIT!" Woohyun cried, grabbing onto Sunggyu's collar and pulling him close. "YOU COULD HAVE EASILY DIED!"

The sky began to darken as drops began to fall from the sky. Both of the men paid no attention to the incoming rain and stared intensely at each other.

"Were you worried?" Sunggyu whispered, his breath finally speeding up again, due to the close proximity he was in, his face inches away from Woohyun's.

"I.." the younger man stuttered, unable to find a reason for his enraged behavior. He looked down at his hands, tightly holding onto Sunggyu as if there were no tomorrow. "I...was paying my civil duties as a citizen to worry for jaywalking pedestrians." He dropped his hand from Sunggyu's collar and was about to take a step back when Sunggyu impulsively reached out and pulled Woohyun in for a tight hug.

Silence followed, as both of them were trying to wrap their head around their thoughts. This time, neither of them were drunk and were perfectly aware of their fast beating heart.

"Don't be mad. I won't do it again. Myungsoo is like a brother to me and I would never even think about marrying him." Sunggyu managed to say, swallowing nervously and unconsciously pulling Woohyun in even closer. "I...am sorry."

Woohyun can only nod, his body and brain struggling to catch up with each other. His body was telling him to lean in closer and smell the delicious scent of Sunggyu's body, while his head was screaming to tell him to pull away. "I...understand now." Opting for comfort, Woohyun gingerly wrapped his arms around Sunggyu' slender waist.

The truth came crashing down to Sunggyu. He recognized this fluttery feeling his stomach from years ago after his first kiss.

"Are you still mad at me?" Sunggyu asked.

"No...I never was." Woohyun lied. The truth was, the proposal and what Sunggyu said had almost broke his heart.

"Good," Sunggyu said confidently, pulling away from the embrace. Woohyun's face was red and eyes downcast as he reluctantly removed his arms from Sunggyu. The elder saw the rain soaking through Woohyun's black locks, the water beads slowly running down his sculpture-like face. At that moment, Woohyun was perfect.

"I think I might be in love with you."

With that, Sunggyu reached up and softly pecked Woohyun's lips.

Woohyun smiled against Sunggyu's kiss, his own feelings finally confirmed.

 

 

A/N

CRAP ITS MIDNIGHT AND I DIDN'T FINISH MY ESSAY YET ASDASDHASJDHAKJ

DONT THROW ROCKS AT ME! I HAD BEEN BUSY BUT NO ONE PROBABLY CARES SO IM NOT GONNA RANT.

Here is the next update...stupid Woogyu couple...took you quite a while heh

This may end up being a pretty long fic...I should have planned it out better... So stick around if you like this craptastic writing :P

LOVE IS SO DELICIOUS! LOVE IS SO NUTRITIOUS!

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT EVERYBODY~~~