Chapter 14

Seeing You

Chapter 14

 

Woohyun rammed his fist onto the door, pounding in desperation.

He opened his mouth to scream for help, but no sound came out except for strangled gasps, his breaths wheezing and uncontrollable.

His vision wavered, making the young man weak in the knees. Falling down to the floor, Woohyun pulled at his collared shirt to breath, but another wave of nausea hit him the second he moved.

Someone get me out. Some one...

Right before closing his eyes, the fainting man made out a familiar figure bursting through the door. This person immediately carried Woohyun onto his back, screaming for an ambulance as he exited the dark room.

Woohyun felt strangely comforted as the other man carried his body, the puffed breathing familiar in his memory.

"YAH NAM WOOHYUN STAY AWAKE! YAH!"

 

 

Half an hour ago

 

"Ailee-sshi, did you find it?"

The young secretary bowed her head down, saying apologetically. "Sorry CEO-nim, I couldn't find the box of product samples anywhere in the storage room. I checked the place thoroughly for three times."

Woohyun sighed. Today was not a good day for the CEO, as the box of samples should be distributed at the meeting this afternoon.

"It's alright, Ailee-sshi. I will go look for it myself. Please tell me where the storage room is, as I am still not familiar with this office yet."

"It is the last room on your right of the left wing. It is near a tall evergreen plant, so the door should be easy to spot."

"Thank you." Woohyun got up from his leather chair quite abruptly, spilling his strawberry smoothie in the process.

"Aish..."

Ailee laughed at the young man's clumsiness and offered to clean up. Woohyun smiled in gratitude and walked out of his office, cursing his bad luck.

 

"Ah, here it is..." Woohyun muttered to no one in particular, pushing the evergreen plant aside to open the door to the storage room. There was no light fixture, so the young man had to take out his phone to use as a flashlight. Reaching into his pocket, his hands slipped from the door handle and the door slowly swung close.

After searching every single shelf and cabinet, the CEO was not able to find the box he needed. Sighing in defeat, Woohyun retreated from the shelves and turned the door handle to leave the room.

The door was blocked.

He dropped his phone and pounded on the doors. The phone landed with a thud and its flashlight turned off, leaving Woohyun in utter darkness.

Woohyun started to panic. His claustrophobia hasn't been cured, and the time he spent inside the small room has already started to affect the young man.

Trying to control his breaths, Woohyun flung himself onto the door, only to have his attempts result in failure.

"SOMEBODY OPEN THE DOOR!" Woohyun screamed.

 

End of flashback

 

In Sunggyu's arms is the box of samples Woohyun has been looking for. He was about to enter the other CEO's room when Aliee walked out. Her eyes lighted up upon seeing the box, thanking Sunggyu for bringing it over.

"Ah...CEO Nam is still in the storage room looking for this."

"Really? How long has he been looking for it?"

Ailee glanced at her watched, chuckling. "About twenty minutes? He should have been back by now."

Sunggyu sighed, annoyed by Woohyun's messy work habits.

"I am headed towards the left wing anyways, so I will go fetch him."

Ailee flashed a grateful smile, which Sunggyu returned and his heels to the storage room.

On his way to the storage room, he greeted the janitor Minhyuk warmly.

"How are you, Minhyuk-sshi? Thank you for the hard work."

"It is nothing, Sunggyu hyung! I just moved the evergreen plant back to where it belongs. Someone must have been bored, right?"

Sunggyu nodded slowly in agreement, as his head slowly put everything together.

Woohyun was gone for twenty minutes in the dark storage room by the evergreen plant. Minhyuk had just moved the plant.

!

Sunggyu sprinted down the hallway, his ears catching the sounds of pounding as he neared the end of the corridor, confirming his suspicions. He sent the plant down to the floor with a crash and pulled the door open.

A sweaty and pale Woohyun was lying on the floor, his body on the verge of fainting.

Without a second thought, Sunggyu put his arms under the other man and carried him on his back. He begged his legs to run the fastest they can as the hamster raced to the front of the office.

"SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE! RIGHT NOW!" Sunggyu screamed in Korean, only to have the other workers look at him in confusion. However, when they realized that their CEO has passed out on the Korean man's back, everyone scrambled to dial 911.

 

Inside the ambulance, Sunggyu watched as the medics set up a breathing mask for Woohyun and was about to leave when a shaking hand reached out to grab Sunggyu's shirt.

"Do-Don't leave me hyung, I..."

Sunggyu  paused, his instincts telling him to stay behind. And so he did.

 

"Are you the family of this patient?" The doctor asked in English at the counter after Woohyun has been wheeled into the emergency room.

"Sorry? I no speak the English good..." Sunggyu stuttered, unable to understand what this white doctor was asking him. Pulling out his phone, Sunggyu dialed for Ailee and asked her to come to the hospital with all of Woohyun's insurance information. Within minutes, the secretary arrived and saved a clueless Sunggyu from filling out the papers in English.

The doctor asked the hamster a series of questions, all of which Ailee translated for him.

"Do you live with this Mr. Nam?"

"Yes, I do."

"Are you aware of his claustrophobia?"

Sunggyu shook his head, earning a confused look from the doctor.

"From the way Mr. Nam grabbed onto your shirt, it seems as if both you are quite close. Is he your boyfriend?" Ailee translated with a smile.

"NO! I NO FRIEND WITH WOOHYUN IDIOT!" Sunggyu shouted in his broken English, desperate to get his point across.

The doctor chuckled, conversing with the secretary a few more times before exiting the room.

Just as Sunggyu was about to leave, the girlish looking man, or Sungjong, rushed into the room. Spotting Sunggyu, the impatient young man rushed over to the counter.

"Where is Woohyun-hyung? Is he alright? Does he need medication from home? Is-"

"Relax," Ailee reassured the young brother of Woohyun. "He just need to rest for the night and he will be fine tomorrow."

Both Sunggyu and Sungjong sighed in relief.

"I brought over the documents he might need, here you go." Sungjong handed the papers to Ailee who thanked the boy before asking.

"Who are you, though?"

"His adoptive brother." Sunggyu replied. Nodding her head, Ailee disappeared into the sea of hospital workers as she finished the last of the paperwork.

"So what exactly happened Gyu-hyung?" Sungjong questioned.

Sunggyu repeated the story to Woohyun's brother, earning the boy's admiration for his heroic save of his brother. They rested on the chair outside of Woohyun's room until the same doctor came out of the room, smiling to indicate that Woohyun has woke up.

The pink haired man rushed into the room to greet his brother while Sunggyu lingered at the doorway.

"Stupid Hyunnie-hyung!" Sungjong cried in frustration, hitting his fists onto Woohyun's shoulder.

"AW Jongie, that hurts! Aish..."

"What did I tell you about not going into dark rooms by yourself? And your inhaler! Aish this hyung never listens..." Sungjong complained.

Woohyun gave his brother a sheepish grin and turned his head to the doorway. He gestured for Sunggyu to enter the room.

"Thank you for saving me." Woohyun said sincerely in the nicest tone he has ever used to address Sunggyu. "If you didn't find me, I would probably end up being a pile of rotting bones there," he joked.

Sunggyu was distracted by Woohyun's beaming smile. Those eyes folded so prettily as his plump lips stretched to reveal a row of perfect white teeth. Sunggyu wondered where the young man has been hiding this brilliant smile all this time, not registering a single thing Woohyun was saying.

"...staying with me?"

"Mhmm..." Sunggyu said distractedly.

"Great! Jongie, can you bring me some clothes from home?"

"Sure thing hyung! Rest up!" Sungjong bounced out of the room just as Sunggyu came to his senses. He turned to leave before Woohyun's voice stopped him.

"Where are you going Sunggyu?"

"Er...home?" The confused hamster blinked in puzzlement.

"But you just agreed to stay with me for the night to finish the work I have missed today!"

"WHAT? When did I-"

"Just now!" Woohyun huffed, not believing that the other man can turn his words around so fast.

"But I-" Sunggyu was about to argue when Woohyun unconsciously pouted, once again distracting the hamster with his pretty li-

AISH KIM SUNGGYU WAKE UP!

Sunggyu sighed in defeat, pulling out his laptop and started to read the reports out loud to Woohyun that have accumulated during his brief absence.

Woohyun secretly grinned, happy that he was not alone in the dreary hospital room. Besides, Kim Sunggyu can probably provide him with a lot of entertainment, as Woohyun found himself to be enjoying the small spats he had with the hamster-like man.

Hours passed by as the two men worked in the hospital room. Sunggyu has just finished scanning the last paragraph and was about to read the report out loud when he heard a soft snore.

Woohyun had fell asleep, his body wrapped tightly in the blankets burrito style

Sunggyu walked over to the bed and turned off the lamp, careful to not wake him up.

The light caught on Woohyun's brown hair, making the sleeping man looking angelic. Without knowing, Sunggyu reached out a hand to smooth some of the stray locks away from Woohyun's flawless face. Taking account of the high nose and full lips, Sunggyu admitted to himself that Woohyun was quite attractive indeed.

Woohyun's evening breaths echoed in the quiet room as Sunggyu rested his head on the bed, closing his own small eyes to rest.

 

 

 

A/N

Hello everyone! This is Cindy with a new boring chapter of Seeing You :P

Hmm...should I continue with the Woogyu arc or should I transition to Myungyeol for a bit? I know I labeled yadong in the tags, but now I am not sure if I can handle that many storylines at once...I just want to focus on Woogyu >.<

LOL Gyu you ...checking my Namu out when he is sleeping heh. Not that I would ever refuse a chance to observe a sleeping Woohyun... (going off to fantasy land~)

Break is ending soon so less updates T_T