Chapter 17

Seeing You

Chapter 17

 

Sunggyu woke up with an aching back. He blinked slowly, trying to wake himself up.

All he saw was black.

Sunggyu blinked again. The darkness was gone, replaced by a messy nest of black hair.

Wait...what???

 

Sunggyu found himself lying down on the carpet with Woohyun in his arms. The younger boy was still sleeping and when Sunggyu tried to move away, he reached out and hugged Sunggyu's waist closer, murmuring something about strawberries.

The hamster breathed a sigh of relief as he sees that his clothes were still on. Racking his brain for the events of last night, all Sunggyu could remember was soju and more soju.

"Hyung...you have a soft tummy." Woohyun's voice jarred Sunggyu out of his thoughts.

"Get off you-" Sunggyu's words were interrupted when he was pulled even closer to Woohyun as the other boy swung a leg up, using Sunggyu as a body pillow.

"YAH NAM WOOHYUN!"

Woohyun opened his eyes at last. Seeing that the other man was so close to his body, Woohyun got flustered and quickly backed up.

"WH-WHY AM I SLEEING ON THE FLOOR WITH YOU?" using both of his arms, Woohyun hugged himself protectively and stared at Sunggyu, his eyes filled with fear.

"It was you w-"

"NO!" Woohyun screamed. "I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING AND I WOKE UP WITH A STRANGE MAN AND I SEE SO MANY EMPTY BOTTLES OF SOJU OH GOD IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS -"

Sunggyu sighed. Pushing himself off the floor with difficulty, he shook his head slowly and begged. "Stop shouting so loudly in the morning...my head aish..."

Woohyun cringed as a wave of nausea washed over him.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE PREGNANT!!!!!" He sprinted to the kitchen sink and soon sounds of throwing up can be heard.

Sunggyu shook his head again. Is he really that stupid? But...did anything really happen?

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

After about a month, Myungsoo was at the same airport again. He had a few hours until his plane was due to fly. Sending in his bags to be delivered back to Korea, he took out his phone to finish one last business in New York.

Myungsoo scrolled through his contacts, pressing the call button for a certain "Small eye boss"

"Hello Myungsoo??" Sunggyu asked after several rings.

The handsome secretary smiled, relieved to hear his hyung's voice for the first time in a while.

"How are you doing hyung?"

A sigh can be heard from the other side. "I'm...okay...Sorry for not picking up your other calls; I usually don't bring my Korean phone with me every day."

Myungsoo was a bit hurt that Sunggyu hadn't even thought of calling him. "I see. Hyung, are you busy at 6?"

"I think I can get out of the meeting early...why?"

"Can we meet at the coffee shop by my hotel? I have...something to tell you before I leave."

Sunggyu was surprised. His secretary was his best friend and there was rarely anything that he would try to hide from the older man. "Ok, I want to see you one more time before you leave."

"See you then." Myungsoo hanged up.

He flagged down a yellow taxi outside of the airport a few minutes later.

 

A rush of cool air greeted Myungsoo as he stepped inside a jewelry store on 5th Avenue. A smiling sales lady walked over and bowed.

"Welcome sir. What are you looking for today?"

"I am looking for engagement rings."

"Congrats! I wish you the best of luck!" The lady walked over to a counter filled with glittering diamond rings.

"What style does the lucky girl prefer?"

Myungsoo thought for a while, not bothering to correct her about the gender.

"Something simple. Nothing too flashy. Simple and elegant."

After an hour of choosing, Myungsoo bought a simple ring with small incrusted diamonds. He asked for an engraving on the inside, and the lady happily complied.

The box tucked inside his pocket, Myungsoo headed to the coffee store where he was supposed to meet Sunggyu in an hour.

I...am making the right choice, right?

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

"Thank you very much!" Sungyeol beamed at the gruffy looking man behind the counter who handed him an iced black coffee. It was going to be his last day in the city before he was due to leave for Korea to help out the Lee Howon that was taking Sunggyu's spot temporarily.

"Americano...I like~" He sat down by the window, sticking his head inside a novel until a familiar looking man walked in.

It was Myungsoo, his left hand carrying a bouquet of red roses.

Sungyeol was shocked. He did not expect to see the other man until they had started work in Korea. After the disastrous meeting at Myungsoo's hotel that day which resulted in Sungyeol being literally kicked out, the choding avoided Myungsoo like the plague.

Quickly standing up, Sungyeol left his table and ducked his head down until Myungsoo had walked by and took a seat not far from where Sungyeol was, his back facing the choding.

Sungyeol was curious, and his heart involuntarily tightened.

He has only been in America for about a month...who could he be asking out right now?

His question was answered the moment the Korean CEO took a seat opposite of Myungsoo.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

Woohyun was pissed off. And he was tired. All morning, his head was throbbing because of his hangover from last night. He calmed down after vomiting in the sink in the morning, but memories of last night was still a blur.

"...finished within this month. Nam Woohyun-sshi, what do you think?" Sunggyu's voice brought back Woohyun from his wandering thoughts.

Shooting Sunggyu a dirty look, Woohyun stood up to report his portion to the investors seated in the conference room. In the middle of his speech, Sunggyu's phone buzzed and he excused himself from the table, saying that he had urgent matter to attend to.

"Wait, but the meeting is not finished Sunggyu-sshi" one of the investors asked.

"I am sorry, but this meeting is really important." Smiling apologetically, the Korean CEO let himself out from the door.

The meeting was finished shortly after Sunggyu's leave, but it did nothing to calm down the furious Woohyun.

Spam calling the other man, Woohyun left several demanding messages on Sunggyu's phone to ask about his whereabouts.

All of the messages were ignored and Woohyun sat in his office, fuming mad.

"So irresponsible...I should just fire him..." A text pinged on Woohyun's phone and it was a picture of a cafe and three words.

"I will be back."

"Holy mother of grease...I'm going to bring him back."

Not because of work, but something felt wrong to Woohyun the second Sunggyu stepped out of the room.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

Myungsoo smiled as he saw the shocked face of his hyung.

"Why roses, Myungsoo-yah?"

"Just because I felt like it. How are you?" Myungsoo asked.

Sunggyu thought nothing of the roses and started to chat with his friend.

They talked for an hour about Sunggyu's life with Woohyun and Myungsoo's training.

"So, " Sunggyu finally questioned after a pause in their conversation, "what was the important thing you had to tell me before you left?"

Myungsoo took a deep breath. This was it.

"I...think I am in love with you, hyung. The past few years, you were someone who I can always depend on and talk to. I-"

"No wait Myungsoo I-" Sunggyu tried to interrupt, the thought barely registering in his head.

Myungsoo ignored the other man and continued his confession.

"Hyung, you said before that we are closer than real brothers. But I don't want to be a brother to hyung. I want to be seen as a man, and I want you to be with me."

Kneeling down and taking out the ring from his pocket, Myungsoo offered the box to a stony faced Sunggyu.

"Myungsoo-yah," Sunggyu said, his voice thick with emotions, "we are closer than brothers. But there is no way I-"

At this moment, Woohyun pushed open the doors to the cafe and ran over to the table, knocking over Sungyeol's coffee in the process of getting to the table.

"YAH YOU KNOCKED OVER MY COFFE-" Sungyeol caught up to Woohyun, not realizing that he was heading towards Myungsoo's table. Both of them stopped at the same time, taking in the situation.

Myungsoo was kneeling down with a ring and roses were on the table. Sunggyu was teary and was saying-

"...I am in love with you."

 

 

A/N

Wow...how did this happen? I should have spent more time talking about Myungsoo and Sunggyu's past...should I do that in the next chapter? Poor Yeol and Hyun...what are they going to do now??

ToHeart is coming out on MARCH 10TH!!!!!! (wth i am in central valley with no internet that day asjajkshak) Anyone buying?

THANK YOU ALL FOR SUBSCRIBING AND READING!!! Comments make me update faster heh.