Chapter 3

Battle of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jung So Min was a quiet student. Her teachers in grade school thought that she did not have the brains because she did not have the initiative to recite. Teachers just love to call students who do not raise their hands during recitations. That’s why they always call her. But then, they were always left amazed by her answers. Brief but complete as they comment on it.

That’s just who she is. She was the smartest student in her school. But not the most industrious. She just reads in advance if she’s in the mood which do not happen most of the time. She would rather talk to her mom about how her day has been than to open her books. She’s very open to her mom. She’s more than a mother to her. She’s her bestfriend. Her “most best” friend, as redundant as it sounds, but that’s how she describes her mother.

She could be one of those study geeks but she’s not. Those geeks spend much of their time in the library which is so not like her. Aside from being smart, she also has the looks. She may not be that pretty, but her cute face and innocence are enough to move every boy’s heart.

Min Dong Han, one of the bad boys from Class C, was just so into her. Of course he respects her, everyone else does. But he just can’t help himself from approaching her. So Min, on the other hand, treats him politely just like how she treats everyone.

Since their first year in high school, the bad boys have been bullying those who they think are worthless. So Min was always the one who saves those poor unfortunate souls from them. There was a time when she was called ‘the goddess of the outcasts’ because she was the only one who talked and listened to them. She found nothing wrong with it. For her, they are also people and just like them, they have feelings, too.

 

 

******************************************************************************

 

She was busy doing her homeworks when something, or should I say someone, crossed her mind. It was their new classmate. The transferee student from---

Oh great, she couldn’t even remember where he’s from. But at least she remembered his name.

‘What kind of seatmate am I. I’ve been sitting next to him for the past two weeks and yet, we haven’t even exchanged a single word to each other,’  she thought.

When she had finished doing her homework, she sat on her study chair doing advanced reading. Her thoughts were still on that guy. The guy who didn’t talk much to people around the school. He would speak once in a while when someone greets him or if the teachers call him to recite. He was just so mysterious in her eyes.

She actually noticed that this person wanted to avoid people as much as possible. That’s why she hasn’t initiated any conversation between them since the very first day he came in. She did not want to annoy other people. She was just like that. She could easily sense what others think or feel about the people around them. And in this case, she knew that this person does not want to interact with others. And that others included her.

“Jung So Min! Why even think of him. If he doesn’t want to interact, then don’t mind him. But it bothers me. It seems like something really troubles him. I wonder what that is. Hmm.. I guess, I just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter