Chapter 14

Battle of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The lady clung on to Hyun Joong’s arm with a wide smile on her face.

“Hyun Joong-ssi! I miss you!”

Both So Min and Hyun Joong looked at each other in terror. They both didn’t have any idea of what was happening.

Hyun Joong then turned his attention to the lady who was like a leech holding on to his arms.

“I’m sorry. Do I know you?” he asked her.

The smile on the lady’s face once again faded and turned into an ugly pout.

“I see. So you don’t remember me, huh?”

Hyun Joong continued to stare at her with annoyance. “I don’t think I would ask you if I do, miss.”

“Well,” the lady spoke again. “Let me introduce myself to you again, Mr. Kim. My name’s Eun Mi, Shin Eun Mi.”

Hyun Joong thought for a while after hearing her name. ‘Damn. It sounds so familiar. Why can’t I remember?’

“Uhm, we went to the same school back in Gyeonggi-do.But you had to transfer before the school year started. I was so frustrated when I had known it. I was looking forward to the coming senior year.”

She looked at Hyun Joong again who was standing beside her. “But nothing is the same without you,” she concluded obviously putting up a sad expression which didn’t suit her not-so-pretty-face.

Hyun Joong just kept on looking at her. Yes, she seemed familiar. She was the girl who seemed to be following him everywhere way back in the province. “Oh well, I didn’t know you also moved in here, Ms. Shin,” he firmly said.

“My father decided to expand his business here. He entrusted the branch here to his secretary who he said was the person he trusts the most,” Eun Mi explained.

“Yeah, right. As if I care,” Hyun Joong said while rolling his eyes and shifting to So Min’s direction.

So Min tucked his sleeves again as a signal for him to stop what he was doing.

“OH MY GOSH!” So Min yelled. Hyun Joong looked at her worriedly while Eun Mi glared at her. “We’re five minutes late!”

Hyun Joong then looked at his watch and realized that she was right. With his quick reflexes, he held So Min’s hand that was holding his sleeves, and he began running. He didn’t even bother saying another word to Eun Mi. So Min was shocked by his sudden action, but recalling what just happened before she bumped to Eun Mi, she knew she wouldn’t be able to run as fast as Hyun Joong can. So she just let him hold her hand and drag her to their classroom.

“Still the same cold Kim Hyun Joong who doesn’t even take a second look at me,” Eun Mi talked to herself as she stared at their disappearing figures. “Who was that girl anyway? They seem so close to each other. I better tell this to my dad. Graduation is near.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter