Chapter 22

Battle of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The two were enjoying themselves by just driving around endlessly. They didn’t have specific places on mind. They just wanted to enjoy the company of each other that they’ve both been longing for a lengthy span of time.

It’s great that Dong Han was there for them. He let them borrow his car that he and So Min used to get on the airport. He then got Hyun Joong’s luggage and said that he would drop them by to the Kim’s residence, so that the two could spend their time together.

After some time of driving and non-stop talking, they stopped at a certain place which was familiar for the both of them. It was the coffee shop where they last went on their graduation night; where they shared their sadness when So Min knew that Hyun Joong had to leave.

Now, they’re there again. To cherish the memories that they could still have together.

 

“Did you manage to find yourself another while I was away?” Hyun Joong tried to start the teasing game when they’ve settled themselves and began drinking their beverages.

“Of course I did! What, with my beauty and brains? Who wouldn’t fall for me?” So Min snapped back.

It was true that for the long time that he was gone, a huge number of guys lined up to be her man. Some of them were sincere, others just wanted to play. But she turned all of them down as she couldn’t imagine herself to be with another man. She just couldn’t.

“Yeah right. As if you would give in to them,” he replied confidently.

“Why not? They’re all determined, you know. Not to mention, they’re all GORGEOUS!” she said emphasizing the last word.

Hyun Joong almost believed her with that tone of hers.

“Yah! Are you being serious? I was just joking!” he almost yelled which earned an ecstatic laugh from So Min. She couldn’t do anything but just to laugh at his reaction. Who would think that he actually believed her?

“What the hell is funny?” he asked getting a little annoyed.

So Min stopped laughing.

“Okay! Okay! I just… I was…”

She looked at his confused face and laughed again.

Yes, he was getting irritated by what she was doing. But the charming sound of her hilarity soothed his ears and he found himself smiling while watching and listening to her.

She noticed his silence and decided to stop although there were still some soft chuckles that escaped her oral cavity from time to time.

“What?” she asked him.

He quickly eliminated his smile and looked somewhere else. He could feel the shame for being caught in the act.

“You actually thought I was serious?” she asked again.

He then looked at her.

“You spoke so seriously. How could I not believe you?”

“Do you trust me?” she asked trying to find the truth in his eyes.

Of course he trusts her to the fullest. But who knows what those men did to win her over? He couldn’t find the courage to answer as confidently as he was earlier.

“I do, but…”  he looked at her only to find himself lost beyond the right words to say.

“But you’re doubting me?” she asked again, making clarification if that was what he was going to say.

She didn’t ask any more questions after that because she became aware of his speechless state. She leaned on her chair and sighed.

“I didn’t know you have a paranoid side,” she uttered and smiled.

“What’s with the smile?” he finally spoke.

She leaned over closer to him again and said, “You were the one who started the teasing act, but you’re also the one who got irritated and caught in the end.”

He remained looking at her, trying to absorb what she just said. Between them, he’s always the one who loves to start the teasing. But he always ends up getting tangled along the way.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. I’m just being paranoid. But hey! Could you blame me? It’s been a long time!” he retorted.

This time, it was her turn to talk confidently.

“At last! You admitted it. You’re being paranoid out of nothing. You’re looking for a way to get jealous when in fact, there’s nothing to be jealous about.”

“Just make sure that’s true.”

“You still want me to show you some proof?” she asked with one of her brows raised.

“Be my guest,” he replied with sarcasm.

So Min let her mischievous brain dominate over her and with an instant, one of her arms were pulling him closer to her by the back of his neck, while her other arm held on to one of his shoulders.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter