Chapter 16

Battle of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“My dad ordered me to do something again,” Hyun Joong said as soon as they reached the locker room.

“What was it?”

“It has something to do with my future. I’ll tell you on graduation because he said that I’ll be doing it right after we graduate.”

So Min just nodded as she shut her locker. They began walking quietly down the hallway.

“My dad has always been like that. I grew up following his orders around. I have no idea how I survived it all through these years.”

So Min just carefully listened to him.

“My mom, on the other hand, has been so kind. Obviously, I’m closer to her than I am to my dad. My dad is always at work. We barely see each other at home, and when he comes home, it’s always because he would tell us something to do.”

“You never tried talking to him about this?” So Min asked him.

“I’ve never tried? Hell No! I’ve tried a lot of times but my sentences are always cut before I can even say what I wanted to say,” Hyun Joong said with the sound of frustration.

So Min knew she couldn’t do anything because it was a family matter.

“You might be furious right now, but I think you’re being like that because you haven’t heard much from your father’s side. He maybe strict with regards to his words, but he must have a reason for doing all of that,” she tried explaining.

“Oh yes, he has a reason indeed, like making mom and I suffer for the rest of our lives? Yeah, right.”

“Hey, look, I couldn’t say that I understand what you’re feeling because I don’t, and I haven’t experienced that from my dad. But I hope you could broaden up your mind on this because there’s no one in this world who would be there for you all the time, except yourselves. You are a family. I don’t think your dad does that for no apparent reason. He loves your mom even before you were born, and you’re their only son. I don’t think any father will forsake their one and only child just because of stupid orders. You’re being like that because all you have are your complaints and you’re hearing nothing from his point of view. Try talking to him sincerely, nothing about following orders, and I’m sure you will find right there, in the deepest corner of his heart, how much he cares for you, how much he really loves you,” So Min told him.

Hyun Joong just kept on looking at her while she said those things. Every single word that came out from just made him fall for her even more.

‘Wow! I didn’t know she’s such a broad-minded person,’

“Thanks for that,” Hyun Joong said.

So Min smiled at him. “I hope that’ll help you ease the burden that you’re feeling right now.”

“Definitely.”

“Is that all?” she asked him again.

“I actually have one more thing in mind right now, but I think now’s not the time for that.”

“So you’re also willing to tell that thing to me?”

“Of course.”

“When will it be then?”

“On graduation.”

“I have two things to expect from you on graduation then; the one your dad ordered you to do and this one you’re talking about right now.”

Hyun Joong smiled at her, “Sure,” he replied. “Now, are you thinking of telling your thing to me?”

So Min just looked at him. She knew he was a trustworthy person, but hesitation was flooding her mind. But she also knew she had to tell someone about this. It would be hard to contain it to herself.

After a deep sigh, she began telling him what happened last night.

 

************************************************************************

 

The previous night… still Monday night… and still Dong Han’s birthday…

 

“I’m sorry, Dong Han. I was just thinking about something.”

“Yeah, I know. It was pretty obvious when you asked me to just leave your mind,” he replied and smiled at her.

“WHAT?! NO! I wasn’t thinking about you. It was an accident that I said it aloud. It was…”

So Min’s statement was cut. Do you know why? Because Dong Han kissed her on her lips. Now tell me, were your wild guesses correct?

“HEY!” So Min yelled at him as she parted her lips from the sudden kiss.

Dong Han was also shocked for what he just did, but he tried t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter