No Other Option

Ephebophilia & Number of Years

 

So..... I think there's not many sunbyung shipper out there? hahaha or maybe not many of you like gender-bender?

oh well, I'm sorry I haven't update this story as fast as usual. but I will finish this story ;)

thank you for the upvotes and those who subscribe. means a lot :D

 

 

Enjoy~

 


 

 

Soonkyu’s

         I could see that she would stare at someone or something all through lunch. When I looked at her line of view, it was a family, young parents with two toddlers. The father barely touched his food because their son kept bothering him while the mother took care of their daughter. The children were yelling or were they laughing? Well either way, it seemed bothersome to me. When I looked back at Hyomin, surprisingly she had this small smile on her face and..... longing?

         I cleared my throat and got her attention back.

         “So... what do you want to do after this?”

         “Mmm, I don’t know. What do you want to do?” she sipped her drink and her eyes darted back to that family.

         We fell into an awkward silence. But I guess I was the only one who felt awkward because she’s back to staring at that family and smiling to herself.

         “Hyomin-ah...”

         She had her chin on her palm and looked at me with a dreamy look on her face, “Yes?”

         “I love you. You know that, right?”

         The dreamy look was gone but her eyes turned soft, “I know.”

         I didn’t know what’s on her mind right now, but I got the slightest idea of it and that idea was freaking me out.

         I knew I was a little bit insecure about our relationship at times, but somehow I felt something’s going to happen to our relationship this time.

        

         We decided to just stroll around the mall after we finished lunch. I held her hand and wondered how her slim fingers felt so right in mine. We were passing an office attire shop when someone stepped out of it and called my girlfriend.

         “Hyomin!”

         “Wooyoung, hi!” she let my hand go and gave the guy a friendly hug. Who’s this guy?! Hyomin was a friendly person and I didn’t mind her hugging her friends, but this guy was too handsome for my liking.

         “What are you doing here?” She asked him when they broke the friendly hug.         

         “My mom thought I need new shirts to go to work since we start the new project.”

         We start the new project? We? WE?!

         Hyomin laughed, “Because you started to work with me?”

         I put my arm around my girlfriend’s shoulder and smiled while trying to glare (if that even possible) at the guy.

         “Oh, who are you with?” it’s like he just noticed my presence now.

         “This is my boyfriend, Soonkyu. Soonkyu, this is my business partner that I told you about, Wooyoung.”

         THIS WAS HER BUSINESS PARTNER?! When she told me she had a business partner to work almost everyday with, I thought he would be old and baldy, not YOUNG and HAIRY!

         He held out his hand and I shook it. 

         “Nice finally meeting you.” He said charmingly.

         “Nice to meet you too.” I tried to sound as intimidating as I could.   

         He turned to my girlfriend again, “Well I guess I’ll see you on Monday, Hyomin-ah?”

         “Ugh, yeah. Thanks for reminding me of work on a lovely day-off, Wooyoung-ah.” Hyomin said jokingly and crinkled her nose in a cute manner. Oh she did not just put up a cute act for him in front of me!

         Wooyoung laughed and waved at us, walking to an opposite direction.

         I still had my arm draped around her shoulders and we started to walk again.   

         “That’s your business partner?”

         “Yep.”

         “He’s....................................... good looking.”

         She stopped walking and looked up at me with an amused smile, “Sunny-ah, are you jealous?”

         I looked away from her and pull my arm away from her shoulder.

         I heard her giggle and she looped her arm with mine.

         “You never said that about my exes when we bumped into them.”

         True. I met a couple of her exes before and I never felt like this. I never felt like my heart was burnt with fire and desired to just kiss her in front of that guy to let him know that she’s mine.

         I didn’t even know why myself. Her exes were her past. They’re not a threat to me. But that Wooyoung guy was surely something. How she interacted with him was different than her interaction with her exes. For one, she never hugged a guy like that. She didn’t really have a guy friend though and she seemed comfortable with him. Maybe that’s why?  

         I started to walk and kept my gaze somewhere else while mumbling, “Your exes are ugly.”

         She laughed at my statement, “You know one of them is a model, right?”

         That ex. I remembered her model-ex-boyfriend. He was very handsome and even with him I didn’t feel jealous.

         I scoffed and kept walking. Suddenly she halted which made me stopped also. She let her arm off from mine and before I knew it, she kissed my cheek swiftly and whispered in my ear, “You don’t need to feel jealous, Sunny-ah. As cheesy as it sounds, your hands are the only hands I want to hold, your lips are the only lips I want to kiss, your heart is the only heart I want to have, and you, Lee Soonkyu, are the only guy I want to be with.”

         I smiled unconsciously and looked at her. Once again, she diminished my insecurities.

         “Never knew my girlfriend is so cheesy.” I put my arm around her shoulders again and she slipped hers on my waist.

         “Never knew my boyfriend is the jealous type.”

         “I’m not jealous!” I denied her accusation.

         She chuckled, “Okay, okay, you’re not.” She tightened her arm around my waist.

          

 

 

Hyomin’s

         Monday. Tiring Monday. It was still half of Monday, yet I felt drained already. The first meeting went all the way until afternoon and I was still on my chair inside the meeting room. One by one, the staffs left the meeting room for lunch break.

         My secretary came up to me, “Miss Park, do you want me to get you anything for lunch?”

         “No, it’s okay. Thank you.” I smiled to her and she went out from the meeting room.

         I leaned my back on my chair and closed my eyes. Trying to get at least a very little rest before I resumed my work. 

         “Tired?”

         I almost jumped from my chair. I thought I was the only one left in the meeting room. I opened my eyes and he stood just beside me with a wide smile.

         “WOOYOUNG! You scared me.”

         He laughed, “Sorry. Didn’t mean to.”

         “What are you still doing here anyway? Go back to your own office.” I leaned back on my chair again.

         “Wow, strict business partner I have.” He chuckled.

         I just grinned.

         “How about lunch first?”

         “I got a lot to do.” I pouted.

         “Me too. But you need energy to do it. Come on. Won’t take long.”  

         I was actually feeling hungry and I didn’t think I could focus on my work on an empty stomach.

         “Fine, let’s go to that restaurant near here.”

 

         Through the hustle bustle of the restaurant, we got a table and ordered right away. The more I spent time with Wooyoung, the more I’m comfortable with him. Honestly, I didn’t have a guy friend before. Men didn’t want to be friends with me, they wanted to date me. Hence, my friends were all female and Wooyoung was actually the first guy I considered a friend.

         We were talking when I caught a glimpse of a familiar woman entered the restaurant.

         “Fany!” She looked at me surprised but then beamed her infamous smile and hurriedly came to where I sat.   

         “Hyominnie! Oh my gosh, what are you doing here?” I stood up and we hugged.

         “Lunch, of course. My office building is just a cross the street. What are you doing here? Your office is in other part of this town, isn’t it?”

         We pulled away from each other and she gave me another wide smile.

         “I haven’t told you? I got a new job! Better one and my office building is not far from here either.”

         “No way! We need to catch up. Are you here by yourself?” I looked around her and seemed like she came with no one.

         “Yeah. I haven’t made friends with anybody at work yet, so yes I’m alone right now.”

         “Why don’t you join me then?” I said excitedly and remembered about Wooyoung. Tiffany just realized there’s another occupant on my table too.

         “Oh my, that’s so rude of me. Sorry. Fany-ah, I’m here with my business partner. Wooyoung-ah, this is my housemate back in college, Tiffany.” I introduced the two and Wooyoung politely stood up to shake her hand.

         “Hi! Nice to meet you.” Tiffany gave him her eye-smile.

         “Pleasure to meet you.” He returned it with his charming smile. Oh God, battle of the smiles.

         “Well, I guess I won’t interfere your lunch meeting then.” Tiffany said, assuming that Wooyoung and I were talking about work.  

         He chuckled, “No, no. We just ended our meeting minutes ago. Don’t need another one now.”

         I laughed and he spoke again, “Come join us, Tiffany-ssi.”

         “Sure.”

         We ended up having lunch together. Tiffany was a friendly person and Wooyoung was also easy going. Lunch went without any awkward moment at all.

        

         The next day, I sent a text to Tiffany asking her to have lunch together again. Wooyoung didn’t tag along today. I was relief because there were some things I wanted to ask her without presence of other person.

         “So.... tell me what’s with you and that business partner of yours, Hyomin-ah?” we just ordered and she looked at me teasingly.

         “What’s with me and Wooyoung?”

         “Oh come on, even a blind fool could see that adoring look he has for you.”

         “We’re just friends. Besides, remember Yuri’s cousin, Soonkyu? My boyfriend?” I asked her sarcastically.

         She laughed, “Of course I remember! Still going strong with him?”

         I nodded and said, “Actually I have some things I want to ask you.”

         “What is it?”

         “How’s your relationship with Taeyeon?”

         She instantly smiled hearing her girlfriend’s name, “We’re doing great.”

         I smiled back at her before I asked her again, “Have you..... have you guys talk about marriage and stuff?” 

         She seemed to get where I was going with this conversation.

         “We have.”

         They had?! Did that mean they’re going to marry soon? Somehow I got sidetracked because the information.

         “Woah, wait a second. Does that mean I will hear wedding bells soon? How come that midget didn’t tell me anything?!” 

         She laughed, “Relax, Hyomin-ah. Yes, Tae and I have talked about the future. But neither of us has popped the question yet.”

         “Oh....” My mind went back to the impending trouble I had.

         “I’m guessing you and Soonkyu haven’t talked about it?” she asked me.

         I exhaled before I told her the story when he met my parents and his views about the future.     

         “He really said that he haven’t even think about his own future?” she asked me in disbelief.

         I nodded.

         “Wow, I thought he’s mature for his age.”

         “We were like that when we just entered college.”

         “True. But he’s dating you, a woman that’s older than him. At least he knew that our intention on dating is past fooling around phase.”

         I kept quiet, didn’t know what to say to her.

         She spoke again after some time, “Are you sure he’s the one though?”

         “Well yeah...”

         “From what I can see, there are 2 options here. You can wait for him in uncertainty or break it off with him and search for someone who has marriage in mind.”

         “What?! No, I don’t want to break up with him!”

         She chuckled hearing my response, “Then it’s obvious there’s only one option you have.”   

         Our food had arrived and she waited after the waiter left before she spoke again.

         “Hyomin-ah..”

         “Hmm?”

         “If you don’t love that ‘teenager’ a lot, I must say Wooyoung is a good match for you.”

         I huffed, “That’s what my dad thinks so too.”

         “Your dad?”

         I told her about the dinner between my family and Wooyoung’s, also the not-so-subtle reason my dad chose his company to be our business partner.  

         She looked amused, “Your dad is surely trying to get the two of you together, huh?”  

         “Yep. But not gonna happen. Wooyoung knew about Sunny. They even met once.”

         “Really???”

         I told her about my date last weekend and she burst out laughing, “That kid! He’s totally jealous.”

         I laughed along with her, “I know, right? But he kept denying it.” I smiled remembering his antics toward Wooyoung. Unconsciously I mumbled, “That cutie stallion.”

         Tiffany’s laughing fit started again and I blushed realizing what just slipped out from my mouth.

         “What kind of nickname is that? Calling him with such a feminine nickname rather than his real name is not enough?” she kept laughing and teasing me.

         “Shut up.” I resumed eating with still feeling warmth on my cheeks.

         After lunch, I knew I was set on something. I would wait for him. No matter how long it took, I would.