Why

Ephebophilia & Number of Years

 

Hi everybody! 

This story will come to an end shortly and I wanted to express my gratitude to everybody! Especially to those who upvoted :D thank you, guys!!!! 

I just realized this story took longer than the other two haha. Nevertheless, I had so much fun writing this. Hope all of you also had fun reading it ;) 

Thank you everybody~ 

p.s. the last (but not least of course) will be taeny! Locksmiths are still out there, right?

 

 


 

 

Soonkyu’s

         Saturday. Of all seven days of the week, why must I didn’t have a shift on this day? Thankfully my moms kept me busy the whole day, doing grocery shopping and asking me to drive them to places. But now, here I was lying on my bed, doing nothing on Saturday night.

         I stared at my ceiling, trying to remember every contour of her face. It wasn’t that hard to do. I could still portrayed images of her clearly on my mind. 

         I miss her.

         I sat up and let out a sigh. Until when would I be this pathetic? I needed a drink. Not necessary alcoholic drinks, but just liquid to wash down everything I was feeling right now.

         So I got up and headed to the kitchen. I passed through the living room and I could hear my moms were there, watching TV.

         “AAAAAH! What the hell was that?! Why are we watching this? Change the movie!”

         A chuckled, “It’s not real! Come on, that’s not even scary.” 

         I smiled, remembering how she would cling to me the whole time when we watched scary movies.

         I entered the kitchen and went straight to the fridge. I saw chocolates that my moms bought earlier that day. She once made me chocolate, a heart-shaped one, before my exam. I smiled again. It was delicious.

         I took a bottle of water and went back to my room.

         I sat down on my bed and drank the water. The feeling was still there.

         I long for her.   

         I put the water bottle on my bedside table and took my cell phone. I scrolled through her pictures, our pictures. She looked happy. She was happy, wasn’t she?

         I remembered the words Joowon said to me. Proved her father that I was good enough for his daughter.

         But then again, I remembered what Hyoyeon told me. The only opinion that mattered was hers.

         And I remembered Taeyeon’s statement. She didn’t care about my status or wealth.    

         I want her.

         Was I wrong to break up with her? Was she happy right now? Or was she as gloomy as I was?

         My stupidity resulted in just......... me being stupid, wasn’t it?

         I need her back.

         But did she still love me? Well as Joowon said, I would never know if I didn’t ask.

         Maybe I was stupid. But I was not a coward.

         I got up abruptly. Nope, I was definitely wouldn’t be a coward.

 

         I turned off the engine and tried to calm my erratic heartbeat. I borrowed my mom’s car and here I was in front of her house. Taking the time to formed words I wanted to say.

         Should I just say that I want her back? Or maybe a hug first? No, I didn’t think I could just go to her and hug her like that. That would be awkward. A handshake first? That would be too formal, wouldn’t it?

         Suddenly I saw a car approaching. I never saw this car before. It didn’t belong to the Parks. The car stopped right in front of the gate.

         I saw that guy getting out from the car. My heart stopped beating. He went to the passenger seat door and pulled it open. He offered his arm and a hand stretched out to grab it.

         She got out from the car, laughing. I froze. That face, that laugh, that smile. Somehow her gaze met mine and her smile vanished. I got my senses back and turned the engine on hastily.

         I drove away as fast as I can.

         I was stupid. I was stupid to let her get away.   

 

 

Hyomin’s

         All of the girls had stuff to do on Saturday and I was bored. My dad went to a business trip and my mom had an outing with her friends. I sighed and thought of what to do.

         I scrolled the names on my contact list. My assistant? Maybe I could go to a movie with her? But we’re not that close, it would be awkward. 

         I stopped on the name of ‘Jang Wooyoung'. Maybe he’s not busy today? And we’re friends, right? There’s nothing wrong asking him to watch a movie with me. Besides, both of us didn’t have a boyfriend or a girlfriend. So no jealousy problem to face.

 

         “I had fun today! Thank you, Wooyoung-ah.” I smiled to him.

         “My pleasure, Ms. Park.” He smiled charmingly and pulled the hand brake.

         “Well then I’ll see you on Monday.” I was about to reach for the door handle when he stopped me.

         “Wait! I need to be a gentleman through and through.”

         He rushed out from the car and opened the car door for me. He offered his arm and winked.

         I laughed and took his arm. When I got out from the car, my eyes caught a familiar car and just like that, I had an eye contact with the person I missed the most. I froze on my spot.

         He broke the eye contact almost immediately, the engine and drove away.

         “Hey, Hyomin-ah, you okay?”

         Wooyoung’s voice broke my reverie.

         “Huh? Yeah, I’m okay.” I answered him and smiled at him. We started to walk to the front door of my house. But my mind already wandered back to him.

         What is he doing here?  

 

         It’s been a week since I last saw him in front of my house. The big project with Wooyoung was done and it ended successfully. My dad was so proud of me and he was giving me a time off before he’d decide to give me the position or not.

         So as I lied on my bed this Monday morning, I couldn’t stop thinking about him. What was he doing here? How was he? What he’s been up to since it’s semester break now?

         I wanted to see him. That’s pathetic, wasn’t it? I guessed I do love him too much.

         I stared at the ceiling. I needed to do something. Having time off from work was good but then again nothing occupied my mind.

         I sat up and decided to do shopping. I deserved to spend money from my own hard working lately, didn’t I?

         I walked aimlessly at the mall. It didn’t work at all. I still thought about him wherever I go. This was useless. I passed the office attire store where Soonkyu met Wooyoung. I smiled, remembering how cute he was being jealous.

         “Hyomin Unnie!”

         I turned my head to look at the person who call my name. Turned out it was Hyoyeon.

         “Hyoyeon-ah! Hi~” I gave her a quick hug.

         “Hey. How are you??? Wow it’s been ages since the last time I saw you.” She smiled.

         I laughed, “I’m fine. How are you?”

         She looked at me from top to bottom and frowned, “You’re skinnier.”

         “Really? Well that’s good, isn’t it?” I tried to sound unconcerned.

         “It’s not. You’re already skinny and now..... you’re too skinny!” she looked at me worriedly.

         “Well why don’t we grab something to eat then? Are you busy? Who are you with?” Catching up with Hyoyeon was a good idea and she must know about her best friend welfare, wouldn’t she?  

         “Sure! I have a class at 4, so I’m just walking around the mall to kill time.”

         We started to walk towards the restaurants.

         “You have a class? Isn’t it semester break right now?”

         “I’m taking short course on dance.” She smiled excitedly.

         “That sounds fun.” I commented.

         “Very!”

         I chuckled at her excited reply. 

         We went to a restaurant and seated ourselves. We talked about general stuff before I had the courage to ask her about him.

         “So how is he, Hyoyeon-ah?”

         “How is who?” she asked me back while still chewing her food.

         “Your best friend.” I answered.

         “Minjun? Or Joowon?” she asked jokingly.

         “No... your other best friend.”

         She laughed, “Oh you mean the stupidest one?”

         I chuckled, “Yes, that one.”

         “He worked part-time on a coffee shop with Joowon. But last week, something happened. He quit and went to Japan. I asked why, but he only said he needed to get away from this place. He didn’t tell me anything further than that and he told me he also missed his cousin.”  

         Last week? Get away from this place?

         Did it have anything to do with why he was at my house that day?

         I needed to know why.