For Sure

Ephebophilia & Number of Years

 

Finally, the last chapter! Whew~ an end is always a bittersweet thing, because it's the end of a story, BUT it's also a start of a new one! hehehehehehe

Thank you everybody who read, subscribed, commented, and especially upvoted :D

It's been a journey writing this one and I hope I'll see you guys again on my next (and also last) sequel for Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia :)

THANK YOU! 

 

 


 

 

Soonkyu’s

         “Soonkyu!”

         I was engulfed with a tight hug from my cousin.

         “Konbanwa, Yul.” I said jokingly and hugged her back.

         She pulled away but still kept a close distance. She didn’t smile though. Next thing I knew, she hit my arms and my whole body.

         I tried to get away from her attack.

         “Ouch! Stop it! What’s wrong with you?!”

         “That’s for hurting my best friend!” she punched my upper arm hard for the last time.

         “That hurts!”

         “Well it’s supposed to hurt. Now come on, let’s go inside.” She opened the door wider to let me through.

         I went inside with still rubbing my upper arm. “So much for a warm welcome.” I mumbled.

         “Hey, I did hug you first!” she told me.

         I ignored her and looked around her apartment. “Nice living space.”

         “Thanks and that’s your sleeping space.” She pointed towards a big couch in front of the TV. “I only have one bedroom here. Is that okay?”

         “It’s more than okay! I’m grateful enough you let me stay here.” I smiled to her.

         “Of course! I won’t let you sleep on the street like a hobo.”   

         She sat on the couch and I sat beside her.

         “Make yourself at home, okay. The kitchen is over there, that’s the bathroom, and that’s my room.” She pointed to each of the rooms she told me.

         “Okay. Thanks.”

         “It’s a little bit late right now.” She looked at the clock, “I can take you to look around the city tomorrow. How’s that?”

         “You don’t have to work?”

         “I’ll take a day-off.” She winked at me.

         “Thank you. But you don’t have to take a day-off just for me.”

         “I’ll do anything for family, Soonkyu-ah. Besides, I need a break from all the work too.”

         I smiled at her, “Thanks. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

         She laughed, “Smooth talker.”

         We grew quiet before she spoke again.

         “So now tell me why you need to get away from home?”

         I looked at her, feigning shock. “I want to see my dear cousin of course!”

         She scoffed, “And I’m scared of ghost.” She said sarcastically. “Come on, Soonkyu, tell me the real reason.”

         I let out a sigh, “I need to get away from her. Everything back home reminds me of her. So maybe staying here for the semester break would make me to forget.”

         “Why do you even break up with her?” she asked with gentle tone now.

         “Do we really need to talk about this?” I replied tiredly.

         Now it was her who let out a sigh, “Fine. But I’m here for you, okay? You can talk to me about anything.”

         She moves on already. What’s there to talk about?

         I smiled and patted her hand. “Thanks, Yuri-ah.”

 

 

Hyomin’s

       “Yuri-ah?”

         “Hyomin?” a yawn. “Why are you calling? What time is it?”

         I chuckled, “It’s 9 in the morning. You’re still asleep?”

         “It’s Saturday. I can sleep till noon.” Another yawn, “What’s up?”

         “Ummm..... Soonkyu is staying with you, right?”

         “Yes. He’s been here for a couple of days now. Why?”

         “Where do you live? What’s the address?”

         “Whoa, wait a second. Why are you asking me all these questions, Hyomin-ah?”

         “I’m in Tokyo right now. I need to talk to him.”

         “WHAT?!”     

         I heard a thump. “Yul, are you okay?”

         A ruckus, “I fell off from the bed.”

         I laughed.

         “Yah! It’s not the time to laugh! You’re really here?”

         “Yes.”

         “Can’t you just talk to him over the phone or something?”

         “No.” I want to see him. I want to meet him. “I got some time off from work, so why not visiting my lovely best friend too?” I tried to sound as sweet as I can.

         She scoffed, “Yeah right. Fine, I’ll text you my address. Where are you now? Still at the airport?”

         “Yeaaay! No, I just check in to my hotel.”

         She heaved a sigh, “Seriously, my cousin is the biggest fool. You went all the way here just to talk to him. Why do you love him again?”

         I smiled, “I don’t even know why myself.”

         “You love him too much. I’d seriously beat him up real badly if he did something stupid again.”

         I laughed, “Please don’t.” 

         “Oh well, I see you soon then? You’ll come here right away, won’t you?”

         “Yeap. I’ll take a taxi.”

         “Okay. Bye.”

         “Bye. Thanks, Yuri-ah.”

         I ended the call and looked outside the window of my hotel room.

         I do love him too much.     

 

 

Soonkyu’s

         “Wake up, lazy-bum!”

         I felt someone tapping my forehead with a finger. I opened my eyes and squinted. I saw Yuri’s face upside down hovering above mine.

         “Ugh, go away.” I turned my body away.

         “You need to wake up now, sleepyhead. Someone’s coming here to see you.” She straightened up and started to pull the blanket away from me.

         I groaned, “Moms coming here?”

         She laughed, “Nope.” She started to fold the blanket.

         “Who is it?” I sat up.   

         She shrugged and put the blanket neatly on the couch. She walked away towards the kitchen.

         “Yah! Who’s coming to see me?” I asked impatiently.

         “Just get ready!” she shouted from the kitchen.

         I grunted and stretched. Must be my moms coming to see if I’m okay.

        

         I showered and went to the kitchen. I saw Yuri already made breakfast for me. She was eating hers and reading something on her cell-phone.

         “So what time moms will be here?” I sat down and picked up the toast.

         She looked up from her cell phone, “Who told you your moms will come here?”

         “You.”

         “I told you someone’s coming to see you. Not your moms.”

         I rolled my eyes, “Well who else would come all the way here just to see me?”

         She was about to answer me when the doorbell rang.

         “Just in time.” She got up from her chair and went to the front door.

         I chewed my toast calmly. Mothers could get over protective sometimes.

         I heard Yuri’s welcoming whoever it was, but instead the motherly voice, I heard her voice. A sweet voice that kept ringing on my ears for these last couple of months.    

         I was frozen in my seat. Hyomin?

         Yuri came to the kitchen again and yes, there she is. I stopped breathing.

         “Soonkyu-ah, this is the ‘someone’ who comes to see you.”

         Her gaze locked with mine and neither of us said anything.

         “So..... I guessed I’ll be in my room then.” Yuri said awkwardly and left the kitchen.

         “Hi.” She said shyly.

         I cleared my throat and stood up.

         “Hi.”

         Awkward silence. I had this urge to just grab her and hug her, but.... she had a boyfriend. Just by the thought of her being with someone else made me angry. It was my fault, but... but it’s too fast. She’s moving on too fast from me! 

         “What are you doing here? Won’t your boyfriend pissed to know you came all the way here to meet your ex?”

         It came out harsher than I thought. She looked upset.

         “What boyfriend?”         

         “Don’t play stupid.” I got annoyed with her answer.

         “I’m not playing stupid.”

         “Then don’t lie to me!” I raised my voice.

         She raised her voice as well, “I’m not lying!”

         “Oh come on! I saw it with my own eyes! He’s dropping you off at your house!”

         “So?! Does that mean my chauffeur became my boyfriend too?!”

         “What?! What kind of logic is that?! It doesn’t even make sense!”

         “You’re the one who’s not making any sense here! Wooyoung is just my friend, okay?!”

         I wanted to retort, but she seemed honest.

         She’s still single?

         “I’m not lying. I don’t have any feelings towards him.....” her eyes turned soft again, “Or any other guys for that matter.”

         Oh? How about me? Do you still have feelings for me?

         I wanted to ask her out loud, but-

         “Any other guys beside you.” I could see a tint shade of pink on her cheeks. 

         She still loves me?!

         My heart started to beat faster than it already did.

         “Why did you come to my house that day?” she asked.

         “Why are you here now?”

         “Answer me first.”

         I didn’t know why, but suddenly I felt nervous.

         “To....... tell you...... something.”

         “Tell me what?”

         I looked straight at her, gathered my courage and said what I wanted to say that day, “That I’m a stupid dumb- fool who wants you back. These last couple of months was hell. And I.... I can’t imagine living the rest of my life like that. I can’t imagine life without you.”

         I didn’t care anymore about her dad. I was sure I could prove to him that I was the right guy for his daughter. I was the man for her.

         I’m going to marry her one day and have kids with her.

         She smiled and I suppressed my will to just kiss her.

         “So now tell me why you’re here.” I said while trying to keep cool.

         She took a step forward, closing the gap between us.

         “To do this.”

         Next thing I knew, her lips were pressed against mine.

 

 

Hyomin’s

         I kissed him.

         And he kissed me back instantly.

         I grabbed his collar and kissed him deeper.

         We parted for air and I opened my eyes to see his still closed. I smiled contently. He’s mine again.

         Still with closed eyes, he leaned in. I accepted his inviting lips and I felt his arms around my waist. I wrapped mine around his neck.

         He’s kissing me gently, softly, as if trying to convey his apology through it.

         I finally pulled away when I really needed to breath.

         “I’m sorry.” He mumbled and opened his eyes, “I’m sorry for being stupid and insecure.”                      

         I rubbed his nape with my thumb, “I forgive you.”

         He tightened his hold, “Why are you so kind?” he looked very guilty.

         “Because I love you too much.”

         “I’m sorry.”

         “Stop apologizing. I forgive you already.” I brushed his hair with my hand.

         “I promise I won’t be stupid again.” he kissed my forehead, “I won’t be insecure again.” another kiss on the same spot, “and I won’t be jealous of your friendship with him again.” Another kiss.

         I felt shivers down my spine. I felt his sincerity.

         “But... a little bit jealous is fine.” I smiled at him.

         “Okay then I won’t be too jealous.” He said with a serious face.

         “Good. I hold on to that promise, Sunny-ah.” I cupped his face and smiled wider.

         He smiled back, “I love you, Hyomin Noona.”

         I slapped his shoulder and rest my hands there. He laughed and I pouted.

         “I love you very much, Park Hyomin.”

         With that, he leaned in and we kissed again.

         Oh we’re together again for sure.  

        ♥♥♥♥♥