Boyfriend

Ephebophilia & Number of Years

 

Hyomin’s

         I woke up earlier than usual on Sunday morning. I needed to do something and I didn’t want my parents to know. I looked at the clock, it was 6.30 in the morning. They usually awake at 8. Good, I still had time. I got out from bed and did my morning business before I went to the kitchen.

         I wanted to make chocolate for my boyfriend, to show my support for his exam. I was too cheesy, wasn’t I? Oh well, I knew he would like it.  

         I was almost done when I heard faint footsteps toward the kitchen. Uh-oh. I looked at the clock and it was 7.15. I hurriedly put the mixture into moulds and just my luck, my mom entered the kitchen.

         “Good morning, dear. It’s rare to see you here this early.” My mom smiled lovingly at me.

         “Morning, mom.” I just smiled back at her and continued in putting the mixture into moulds.

         “You’re making chocolate?”

         I nodded and avoided to look at her.

         “For who?” I could feel the excited tone.

         “Umm.. no one.”

         “Ah, really? You’re making heart shaped chocolate just for yourself?”

         “...... Yeah.” That sounded pathetic.

         I didn’t hear anything anymore and when I looked up, my mom was staring at me with twinkle in her eyes.

         “Sweetie, it’s been a while and I’m really curious. You have a boyfriend, don’t you?”

         I haven’t told my parents about Sunny. Well, what do you think I would say to them? ‘Mom, dad, I was dating a high school student. Please gave us your blessings.’ I was sure they wouldn’t like it. For a year I’ve been living with my parents, I managed to hide the fact that their only child was already in a relationship.

         “No, I don’t, mom.”

         “Oh, come on, Hyomin-ah. I’m your mom, I know you’re lying right now.”

         She sat on the kitchen stool and looked at me expectantly. I was still not ready to introduce Sunny to them, but maybe it’s fine for my mom to know I had a boyfriend? It’s my mom anyway, it would be a whole different story with my dad.

         “Okay, fine. I have a boyfriend, mom.” I finished putting the mixture into moulds and put it on the fridge.

         My mom squealed, “I knew it!”

         “But mom, please don’t tell dad.”

         “Why not?”

         “You know dad. He would want to meet him immediately and I’m not ready to introduce him to both of you, yet.”

         “Okay, okay. I’ll keep my mouth zipped.” My mom smiled at me. Usually a daughter would be closer to her dad, right? But I’m mommy’s little girl for sure.

         My mom stood up, “Let’s make breakfast now and tell me about him.”

         “Moooom~” I whined.

         “What?” she looked at me innocently.

         “Isn’t knowing that I have a boyfriend already is enough? This is exactly why I don’t want you or dad to know about it yet.” I pouted.

         “Fine, I won’t ask the details, but is he good to you?” she started to prepare to cook.

         “Of course he’s good to me.” I started to smile, remembering about my boyfriend.

         “Is he handsome?”

         I giggled imagining my boyfriend’s cute face, “Yes~”  

         My mom looked at me, “Are you happy with him?”

         I beamed a smile at my mom, “Very.”

         My mom smiled back at me and touched my cheek, “My little girl is growing up, isn’t she?”      

         “She is. But don’t worry mom, I’m always here.”

         “Well you better be. Now come on, help me make breakfast before your dad wakes up.”

 

         I was setting the table when finally my dad came into the dining room.

         “Daddy, good morning~”

         “Morning, sweetie. You’re up early on a Sunday.” He was surprised to see me.

         “I am.” I just smiled at him.

         “Oh, honey, you’re awake. Good morning.” My mom said when she entered the dining room with breakfast we just made.

         “Good morning.” My dad gave a peck on my mom’s cheek. They’re such an adorable couple. I wished Sunny and I would still be like that when we’re older.

         We started to eat breakfast peacefully. That was, before my dad opened his mouth.

         “So, Hyomin-ah, I want you to meet my friend’s son.”

         I gulped, “Why, dad?”

         “Well I think it’s time for my daughter to look for her future husband, isn’t it?”

         WHAT THE?!

         “Dad, seriously?! You’re going to force me to marry a stranger?!”

         “Whoa, who told you to marry him? I just said I want you to meet him, not marry him.” He laughed and I turned red in embarrassment. I could see my mom was smiling also. 

         “Oh. But why so sudden, dad?”

         “It’s not sudden. I’ve been thinking about it for quite some time. You’re a grown woman now and I haven’t heard you talk about having a boyfriend. So I just thought maybe my daughter hasn’t found the right man.”

         That’s really thoughtful of my dad.

         “When I met this son of my friend, I instantly reminded of you. He’s a nice guy with good background and I knew his parents. He would be the perfect gentleman for my precious daughter.” My dad smiled at me.

         “Dad, I was thankful for your thoughtful idea, but I think I can find my own future husband.” I said politely.

         He looked a little bit disappointed, “So you don’t want to meet him?”

         “Sorry, dad, but no.”

         “Okay, but if you change your mind, just tell me.”

         I nodded my head and resumed eating my breakfast.

         “I don’t think we need to worry, hon. She’s capable on finding her own husband.” My mom winked at me.

         My dad just nodded and continued to eat his breakfast.

         After breakfast, my parents went to the living room while I went to check on my chocolate. I smiled to myself, looking how it turned out.

         It was still too early if I dropped by to his house now. He must’ve been studying right now. I decided to join my parents in the living room. My mom was watching TV while my dad was reading the newspaper. I sat down beside my mom and watched the TV.

         This was the usual Sunday in Park’s household. The three of us would just lounge around. Sometimes my dad would go to his study room to work or have an important call with business partner.

         We had lunch together and of course, my mom cooked them. We had servants around the house, but my mom, being the housewife that she is, insisted on making food by herself.

         After lunch, I excused myself and told them I wanted to meet up with my friends outside, which was of course a lie. I was going to Sunny’s house to give the chocolate. They weren’t suspicious at all.

         I drove my car to his house. When I arrived, I parked my car and went out, not forgetting the chocolate and hoped he’s still studying. I didn’t want to meet him, I just wanted to drop the chocolate and went back home. Honestly, I wanted to meet him badly! It’s been a week we haven’t seen each other, due to his intense studying and me working, but I thought it would distract him if we meet now. I rang the doorbell and her mom opened the door.

         “Hyomin! I haven’t seen you in a long time!” she instantly hugged me.

         Sunny brought me to meet her moms before and he told me they really fond of me. I couldn’t be more grateful.

         “Hi, Mrs. Lee.” I hugged her back.

         “Come on in. Soonkyu is studying at the moment, but I’m sure he would come out from his room to meet you.”

         “Ah, no, no. Don’t tell him I’m here! I just want to give this. I bet he would be too anxious about the exam and chocolate would soothe him.” I handed the chocolate I made. Of course, I made a couple more chocolate that were not heart shaped for his moms as well.

         “Aaaaawh, what a sweet girl you are. Thank you very much. I’ll make sure he eat this.”

         “You’re welcome, Mrs. Lee.”

         “But you’re sure you don’t want to meet him? He was whining like a little kid about how this exam prevented you guys to meet up.”

         I blushed, “Ah... I..I’m sure, Mrs. Lee. Tomorrow’s the big day, I don’t want him to get distracted.” I smiled to her politely.

         “Oh well, thank you again, Hyomin-ah. Come join us for dinner next time, okay?”

         Her invitation made my heart warm, “Of course, Mrs. Lee.”

         I left his house after she gave me another hug. I got home feeling satisfied with myself.  

 

         Later that night.....

         I just finished dinner with my parents and we already bid our goodnight. I went to my room and about to change into my pajama, when my cell phone rang. I smiled knowing who the caller was.

         I picked it up happily, “Hey, did yo-”

         “You went to my house?!” he cut me off and sounded a little bit mad.

         “Well yeah, I dropped by to give the chocolate. Why are you mad? You don’t like it?” I pouted.

         He exhaled, “I love it. But why didn’t you meet me? I want to see you.”

         “I’m sorry. I’m afraid I disturbed your study and you’ll be distracted.”

         “Hyomin-ah, you wouldn’t disturb my study and missing you too much is a distraction.”

         “But your exam is tomorrow!”

         “Exactly. That’s why I need to see my girlfriend before I face the exam. So will you come out now?”         

         “You’re here?!” I rushed to the front door but did my best not to make any sound. I opened the front door and he was there, outside the gate to my house, smiling and waving at me. NOT GOOD! What if my parents saw him?! I ran to the gate and unlocked it in a hurry.

         “Hi beautiful.”

         “Why are you here?!” I hissed at him.

         Once the gate got unlocked, he hugged me tight.

         “Because I miss my girlfriend.”

         “Are you crazy?!” I broke the hug and looked back to my house, to make sure none of my parents saw this. Thankfully the coast was clear. After that I closed the gate and dragged him away from my house.

         We got into a park not far from my house. The park was empty since it was already late.

         “What do you think you’re doing, Sunny?! You can’t just come into my house like that, what if my parents saw you?” I scolded him.

         “I’m sorry, I just miss you too much.” He intertwined our fingers and looked at me guiltily.

         “I miss you too, but at least you could tell me so we would meet elsewhere.”

         “You won’t do that. You didn’t even want to see me when you went to my house.” He pouted and I squealed inside. My irritation toward him was gone like the wind. At times like this, I really thought myself as a e. He’s just too adorable!

         “Well I didn’t know not seeing me was actually the distraction. If you told me earlier, I would gladly see you, dummy.” I spoke softly. I untangled our fingers and wrapped my arms around his neck.

         He smiled broadly and wrapped his arms around my waist. I tiptoed a little bit and kissed his cheek.

         “But we can’t be too long out here. You need to-”

         “Rest up so I can do well on the exam tomorrow. I know.” He smiled cheekily at me.  

         I put my hands on his shoulder, massaging it.

         “So did you eat the chocolate?”

         “Of course. Thank you very much for that. I got the most attentive girlfriend, ever.” He kissed my forehead.

         “You’re welcome~” I kept on massaging his shoulder and his stiff neck. He studied so much.  

         He leaned in to kiss my lips and it was utter bliss. I wrapped my hands around his neck again. We parted when air was needed. He looked at me with that oh-so-adorable-smile on his face and then he kissed me again.

         We pulled away from the kiss and he said, “I think I should go back now.” This time I was the one who kissed him.

         I broke the kiss and smiled, “Yeah, I think you should.” He pecked me.

         “I should.” He pecked me again.

         “You really should.” I smiled when he pecked me again.

         “I really should.” He smiled too and kissed me deeper this time.

         I panted a little bit after the kiss, but managed to say, “I should drive you back home.”

         “No, you shouldn’t.” he still had his eyes closed and tried to kiss me again.

         “It’s late and you-” he pressed his lips on mine.

         I pulled away a little, “Sun-” he put his lips on mine again.

         I pulled away and put my palm on his lips, “I’m serious, Sunny-ah. You need to go home and I will drive you, okay?”

         He took my hand and put it back on his nape, “No, not okay. I got my mom’s car. So you don’t have to drive me home.”

         “Fine. But you really need to go home now.”

         “One more kiss.” he puckered his lips, “Please?”

         I giggled and gave in to his plea.