Daddy's Little Plan

Ephebophilia & Number of Years

 

Hello everybody~~ I just want to say thank you for still having interest in this story hehe and shout out to juno1124zcookiesbrowtogs09,  hafunnynot& TaeNyIzLove for upvoting this story :D means a lot to me. thank you!!!!! 

 

p.s. Soshi comeback just around the corner!!!! yeaaaaaa~~~~

 


 

 

Hyomin’s

       A week had passed. I gave my dad a silent treatment. I only talked to him relating work. He didn’t seem to give in also. My mom couldn’t do anything about it since both my dad and I were stubborn.

         Honestly the question of my future with Sunny was still on my mind. But every time I met him, the question vanished into thin air, replaced by abundance of joy he provided. How could I ask him when all I can think about when I’m with him were his kisses, his adoring look at me, his warm embrace, his gentle hold on my hand, and just every little thing he did to me.

         “Hyomin.” my dad’s voice snapped me out from my train of thoughts.

         “Ye-yes?”

         “Come here.” He gestured for me to sit on a chair in front of him.

         “Remember what I told you before? That I’m going to trust you with a project, and if you do well, then I’m officially going to retired and make you the CEO?”

         “Yes, I still remember that, dad.”

         “Good. We’ll have an upcoming big project soon and I want you to handle it.”

         My eyes widen in surprise. Finally the time had come. I nodded confidently and gave a big smile.

         “Okay, dad. I won’t let you down.”

         His lips twitched a little bit but he still had a stern look on his face, “I’ll keep your words. At least I know you won’t let me down on this.”

         My smile disappeared in an instant. My dad tore his gaze away from me and looked at his laptop.

         “You can go back to your desk.”

         I went back to my desk and tried so hard not to let what he said got to me. If I couldn’t control myself, either I would argue again with my dad or I would cry right here at work. I needed to pull myself together. I occupied my mind with the task at hand.   

 

         I looked at the clock and it was almost the end of work hour.

         “Dad, here is the report that you asked. I’ve read it over and there’s only a misspelled mistake.”

         “Thank you.” He took the report from my hand and scanned it for a while before he opened his mouth again, “Your work for today is done.”

         Huh? Usually we would exit the office together. Although I drove my own car since the day we had the fight. But I would wait at the office until my dad was finished and we would go out from the office together, nevertheless into separate cars. Surely, I wanted to minimize being in the same place as my dad beside from the office and after work, I rarely go straight home. I would meet up with Sunny or I would go anywhere first. Home was not as homey as it used to be. 

         “Go home first, Hyomin-ah.”

         “I’ll wait until you finish, dad.”

         “No, just go first.”

         “It’s okay, dad. I’ll just-” I got cut off by my dad’s slightly louder voice.

         “Why can’t you just obey me? You’re going to meet that boy anyway, right? Just go!”

         I stood still in front of him. Seriously? It hurt me. He sounded very.... despicable. Why couldn’t he just accept that I’m dating Sunny?! I clenched my fist tightly.

         “Dad.... why.. why can’t you just accept the fact that I love my boyfriend and I won’t break up with him? Mom told me that you’re just worried and I’m telling you now that you don’t need to.”

         My dad put the paper on the table. He heaved a sigh, “Look, I don’t want to argue with you. Just go first and I’ll see you at home, okay?”

         My heart conflicted in pain. It was silence for a moment before I bowed at him and took my bag to leave.    

         I didn’t look at anyone as I left the office and went to my car. I finally let out a tear when I’m by myself inside the car. This stupid fight with my dad was eating me up. I wiped my tears away and tried to call Sunny. He didn’t pick up. Maybe he’s still in class. We were going to meet up today. I started the engine and decided to pick him up.

          

 

Soonkyu’s

         “Class dismissed. Don’t forget to hand your assignment next week.” The professor went out from the room. People started to get up from their seat and went out also.

         I stretched a little bit. It was a boring lecture and I couldn’t wait for it to over because I’m meeting up with Hyomin after this. She told me about the cold war she’s having with her dad and I felt guilty. If it wasn’t because of me, she wouldn’t feel reluctant to go home and she wouldn’t have this stupid fight with her dad. But of course, being the stubborn girl she was, she told me I shouldn’t feel guilty. It was her dad’s fault for being an obstinate person. Like father, like daughter, huh?

         “That was boring, wasn’t it?” one of my friends asked me. He was also stretching while my other friend already stood up.

         “Very.” I answered shortly and got up from my seat also.

         “Soonkyu!” I looked to the doorway and Hyoyeon was there. I guessed she just finished with her class also.

         “Your girlfriend’s here~”

         My friends teased me a lot about my relationship with Hyoyeon. Well we practically spent our entire time together. She had different major, but we would hang out together on recess or whenever we have free time.

         “I’m not his girlfriend, Minjun-ah! Gosh, how many times should we tell you about it?”

         Hyoyeon and my friends knew each other. Sometimes she would also bring her friends to hang out with us.

         We started to exit the classroom.

         “You two should really date for real though.”

         “Eeeeww!”

          I would be very offended by that kind of response. But it was Hyoyeon. She’s like my own sister. So I also have the same disgusted reaction to it.  

         “That would be so weird.” I said.

         “Agreed! Dating him is like dating my own brother. Besides, he already has a girlfriend.”

         I nodded in agreement and took my cell phone from my bag.

         “Pffft! I don’t believe it.” Joowon, my other friend said. There was a missed call from Hyomin and a text saying she’s done her work earlier so she’s going to pick me up. I instantly smiled.

         “Me too! I need to see to believe.” Minjun chirped in and put his arm around Hyoyeon. She didn’t seem to mind his skin ship.

         “Well my friends, it’s your lucky day today! My girlfriend’s here.”

         “She’s here?” Hyoyeon asked.

         “Yep. She’s picking me up.”

         We’re already outside the building and I could see her car just in front of the gate of the campus. She spotted me and opened her window to wave cutely at me.

         I waved back, “There she is.” I swore there were still a lot of people here, but all I could see was her. Everything around me was a blur.

         I could hear Minjun whistled and that brought my senses back. Hyoyeon was waving at her also. 

         “Wow, she’s hot.” Joowon said and I smirked.

         “And she’s mine.” I said possessively.

         “No wonder he chose her over you, Hyoyeon-ah. She’s way hotter than you.” Minjun joked and Hyoyeon was pinching his arm. Joowon and me just laughed.

         “I gotta go, guys. See you tomorrow! And please take good care of my bestfriend here?”

         “Don’t worry about her. Bye!” Joowon said and shooed me away. Hyoyeon was still busy trying to pinch Minjun while the latter tried to dodge her. 

         “Send my hugs for her, Sunny-ah!” I could hear Hyoyeon’s voice as I half jogged toward Hyomin’s car. She could still tease me by calling my nickname made by Hyomin while trying to pinch other people.

         I put my hands on her open-window and crouched down a little so I was at eye level with her. She was smiling lovingly at me.

         “Hi there. Need a ride?” she said alluringly.

         I didn’t say anything, instead I leaned in and pecked her lips before running to the other side of the car to get inside the passenger seat.

         I buckled my seatbelt and she started the engine. It was a little bit weird that I was not the one who drive, but it’s her car and I could enjoy her side profile which just as stunning as her front, but she looked beautiful from every angle anyway. Being bias of your own girlfriend was not a crime, wasn’t it?

         As I look at her eyes, it seemed a little bit swollen. Had she been crying? Before I could say anything, she already beat me.

         “Wow, it’s been 2 years the last time I went there.” She had a smile on her face. That erased my curiosity over her swollen eyes.

         “You miss it?”

         “Yeah.” She smiled wider, probably reminiscing the old good memories.

         “You miss the boring lecture?” I snickered. 

         She chuckled, “I don’t miss the lecture or the assignments, but I do miss my friends. And also the carefree feelings. It’s like I can do anything I want to do without any burden at all.”

         “Is dating much younger guy was one of those things that you do with carefree feelings?”

         She smiled, “Yes.”

         “How about now?”

         She asked confused, “What about now?”

         “Do you regret it?” what if she did regret it? Argh I shouldn’t ask that!

         She turned to look at me for a moment before keeping her eyes on the road again and answer my question with a smile, “No. You’re the best decision I’ve ever made with carefree feelings.”

         I smiled like an idiot and continued to stare at her.       

 

 

 

Hyomin’s

       The next day, my dad’s mood changed entirely. He smiled at me and briefed me about the project that he would put me in charge of. It was like our fight never occurred in the first place. I was a little bit suspicious over it, but there’s a project I need to conquer! I pushed my curiosity aside and focus on what I needed to do instead.

         He told me we needed to partner up with another company for this project and we’re going to have a meeting with them tomorrow. I felt jittery because this would be my first ever project by myself. Dad said he wouldn’t meddle even a little bit. He trusted me fully that I could handle it.

         He also decided the moment I took this project, I was no longer his apprentice. I was the vice CEO of this company now. The title itself gave me goosebumps. I no longer work inside his office room since he gave me my own room with my own secretary. It felt really good and I was proud of myself~  

 

         Another day had passed and today was the day I’d have my first ever meeting without my dad. I was sitting in my chair, behind my desk, still couldn’t believe that I have my own room now. Suddenly there was a knock on my door.

         I cleared my throat, “Yes?”

         My secretary came in, “Ms. Park, it’s time for the meeting.” She said politely.

         “They’re here?” I stood up.

         “Yes. They’re already in the meeting room.”

         “Okay then. Let’s go.” I went outside my room and headed to the meeting room with my secretary in tow.

         When I arrived, I instantly knew the reason my dad’s sudden change of behavior.

         “Park Hyomin. Nice to meet you again.”

         It was Wooyoung. Jang Wooyoung. The guy my dad thought would be perfect as his son-in-law.  

 

         The meeting went very well. Wooyoung was really professional and I couldn’t be gladder for that. I went back to my office room after the meeting was done.

         I was not surprise when I saw my dad already inside my office. He sat on a chair opposite mine on my work desk. He was turning his body to look at me when I opened the door.

         He had a smile on his face.

         “How was your meeting?”

         “It went well, dad.”

         My dad hummed in response as I sat down. I began telling him what he needed to know about the meeting.

         “You handled it very well, Hyomin-ah.” He looked sincerely proud. I smiled.

         “Thank you, dad. But this is just the beginning.”

         “Yes. You still have a lot to prove before you can take my position.” He said solemnly. This company was a serious business for him. He wouldn’t give it away to an incompetent person. His daughter was no exception.

         “I still remember my promise, dad. I won’t let you down.”

         “I know.”

         We grew quiet.

         “Mmm... you need anything else, dad?”

         “Is that all you need to tell me about the meeting?” he was expecting something, didn’t he?

         I sighed inwardly, “Wooyoung is professional and he knows what he’s doing. His company is perfect for this project, dad.” I smiled and hoped it was enough to make him happy.

         Indeed it was enough. His face lit up, “Good to know. I let you back on your work then.” He stood up and left my room.          

         My dad surely was slick. But his plan was too predictable. I bet by arranging this circumstance he hoped that I would broke up with Sunny and dated Wooyoung instead.

         I shook my head in disbelief. That was not going to happen. I guessed my dad didn’t know yet that Wooyoung and I had decided to be friends. My dad’s little plan would fail miserably.