Love Me, Hate Me

Lastly

It felt like years ago.

Back then the first thing Tiffany would see every time she woke up in the morning was Jessica. Sleeping soundly beside her, with hung open and lightly snoring, Tiffany always found her cute. Jessica was a sleepyhead. Tiffany almost always woke up first. And it needed lots, lots of effort to wake the older woman.

They had lived together, once. They struggled to save money, and finally they were able to buy a not-too-big apartment, which Tiffany doesn’t really know who lives there by now. It was a great time. Their relationship was on another level. Jessica would always give everything Tiffany asked, and vice versa. They completed each other. They were one.

And feeling it again after years surely made Tiffany’s heart blooming.

Now, Jessica was there when she opened her eyes. She was right beside her. And just like the past times, Tiffany woke up first. She could see Jessica’s opened mouth, she could hear her steady heartbeat, she could sniff her scent and tangle around her like a koala. It really felt familiar. Tiffany realized she hadn’t been this happy for quite some time.

The night before was memorable. Tiffany rested her chin on her palm as she eyed the sleeping Jessica, her mind reminiscing what happened before they slept. Their kissing would’ve led to more intimate if only Tiffany didn’t accidentally kicked Jessica’s leg. When she wanted to flip their position, with herself on top, she kicked Jessica’s left leg with quite force. She could still hear Jessica’s high pitched scream and her burning red face, holding the pain which wasn’t easy.

The memory made her cringe.

Jessica ended burying her head on the pillow with a muffled scream, meanwhile Tiffany endlessly said sorry, didn’t exactly know what to do. She kept caressing Jessica’s arm until the latter said she was okay. But, still. It must’ve been hurt. After that Tiffany made a mental note to herself not to move her feet carelessly. Damn, that broken leg.

But it was somehow cute, though. Tiffany didn’t know why, but lust had never taken over her when it comes to Jessica. The older woman wasn’t the type of lover who makes love like, every single night. She was careful, cautious, and extremely patience. Jessica has high desire, but she puts Tiffany first. And slowly, it goes on Tiffany too.

Smiling, Tiffany lifted her head and pushed Jessica’s chin to close . This made Jessica groaned and rolled over to the side, throwing her arm around Tiffany and continued her sleep. The younger giggled. See, it’d take some time to wake this woman.

Resting her head on the crook of Jessica’s neck, Tiffany sighed. They still needed to talk. Yes, they missed each other. But then again, what does that make them? None of them confessed. If this was years ago, confession was unnecessary because both of them could read each other’s mind easily. But this was now, and they weren’t the old them.

She took a deep breath and whispered, “Jessica…”

No answer.

“Hey?”

Again, no answer.

“Earth to Jessica?” She lifted her head and kissed Jessica’s jaw, “Wakey, wakey~”

“Hmm?” Jessica lowly hummed, her eyes were still shut closed.

“I want to talk, sleepyhead. Wake up, come on.” Tiffany brushed Jessica’s messy bangs off of her face, “Come on~”

Jessica rolled to her side with a tired groan, still didn’t open her eyes.

“Jessi?”

Suddenly Jessica’s eyes opened. She jerked her head to Tiffany with a questioning look.

Tiffany frowned, “What?”

“You called me Jessi.”

Ah, right. Tiffany pursed her lips, muffling her giggle. Jessi was how Tiffany used to call Jessica back then. Jessica didn’t like it at first, because no one ever called her that. But then again, it made Tiffany special because the nickname’s right belonged to her only. It was way back then. Tiffany didn’t know how it could slip her tongue without herself realizing it.

“I-I mean--”

“Good morning, Fany.” Jessica brought a hand to ruffle Tiffany’s bed hair, “Now please let me go back to sleep.”

And with that Jessica instantly closed her eyes again. Tiffany sighed. Jessica’s love for sleep hadn’t changed at all.

“Oh come on, Jessi. Wake up~” She lightly shook Jessica’s shoulder.

Jessica let out an annoyed grunt, “You know I’m not a morning person.”

“I know. But, still…” She ran her hand through Jessica’s dark brown hair, massaging the scalp gently and whispered, “we need to talk.”

“This early?” Jessica opened her eyes, peeked through her tousled bangs.

“The faster the better.”

Jessica lazily nodded and as Tiffany pulled her hand back, she fixed her position, facing Tiffany.

“So, err…” Tiffany took a deep breath, her fingers tugging Jessica’s shirt’s collar, “I’ve heard from Sooyoung. I understand it all.”

“Heard… what?”

Tiffany bit her lip. Okay, Jessica was playing the clueless her.

“About you, us, and… Kim Taeyeon.”

The older one paused. She didn’t know how to respond. She blinked a few times, eyeing Tiffany who was avoiding her gaze. So, Tiffany already knew? She didn’t expect it, not at all. She took a quite long time to comprehend it.

“We were so stupid back then.” Tiffany continued, “Both of us. It shouldn’t have happened. And you should stop blaming yourself now. I’m at fault too. I’m really sorry… for you, for us, and… for Kim Taeyeon…”

Jessica was undeniably amazed. She had slightly opened. She never imagined Tiffany talking about Taeyeon, her Taengoo, because she knew how much Tiffany hated her. She even assumed Tiffany had forgotten about Taeyeon. Now, hearing Tiffany saying sorry for her and Taeyeon, she couldn’t help but feel guilty all over again. It was, no doubt, her fault and she was completely aware of that.

“Well, say something!” Tiffany slapped Jessica’s shoulder, “Do you even know how sorry I am now?!”

“Hey,” Jessica cracked a smile, “don’t be sorry. It wasn’t your fault, it was mine. It was because of me, you left, Taeyeon got involved, everything became miserable, all because of me. I don’t even know how to say sorry anymore. To you, Taeyeon… and I admit I’m a coward and shameless because I beg you, please, don’t hate on Taeyeon.”

Tiffany finally lifted her head and saw how bitter Jessica’s smile was.

“I deserve the hate, not her.”

“No.” Tiffany quickly shook her head, “Don’t say that. Don’t tell me to do things I can’t do.”

Jessica was about to argue but silenced as Tiffany wrapped her arms around her neck, pulling her closer.

“I wanted to hate you, but I can’t. I wanted to forget you, but you never once left my mind. Believe me, I tried. But now here I am, can’t you see? I can never hate you, Jessica. Never.”

“Uh… is that a good or bad thing?”

A shrug, “Depends on how you see it.”

Jessica smiled, much less bitter this time, “So… rather than hating me,” she circled Tiffany’s waist and linked their foreheads, “love me instead?”

Tiffany giggled, “That sounds better.”

“Good.” Jessica nodded, “Because I, too, never stopped loving you.”

With that she devoured Tiffany’s lips with another longing kiss, which the latter gladly kissed back. Her heart swelled at the replayed memories. Just when she had lost her hope, there she was, being with Tiffany, and nothing else mattered. Regrets would always remain, but she couldn’t care less. With Tiffany by her side, she was sure those regrets would fade away.

Jessica pulled back for a mere second before she tilted her head and attacked Tiffany’s lips again, slowly pushing the younger to lie on her back. This would take some time before they could get off the bed.

-

“I still have work to do, Jessi.”

Jessica pouted and shook her head. Her arms were tightened around Tiffany as she rested her chin on the latter’s shoulder. After they ate breakfast, Tiffany got a sudden call and she said she’d immediately come to the office. Jessica eavesdropped, and became upset. She didn’t want Tiffany to leave. It was childish, but it was okay sometimes.

“But you have me here. Don’t go anywhere.”

Tiffany sighed, “I can’t leave work.”

“No, you can’t leave me. Work can wait.”

“Seriously…”

The younger one pried Jessica’s arms off of her and turned around, looked annoyed at Jessica’s childish behaviour. Meanwhile the latter only shrugged with a raised eyebrow. Tiffany crossed her arms.

“I really can’t leave work this time.”

“Come on.” Jessica insisted, “You often kept me from going to work back then and I obeyed. Now why can’t you do the same?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. It was back then. The lazy Tiffany sometimes would tug on Jessica’s arm and forcefully pulled her onto the bed once more even though the older was already fully clothed, ready for work, meanwhile Tiffany had none on. They would cuddle again, and if Jessica was patient enough, she’d let Tiffany undress her once more.

“But it was long time ago! And I’m not that lazy bum anymore, Jessi. Now, please let me go to work. There’s enough food in the fridge and I know you can cook.”

“Ah, really?” Jessica faked a desperate sigh as she took a seat to a nearest chair, “My leg is broken and you expect me to walk back and forth in your house, alone? Ah… how tiring. How can I heal quickly, then…”

“Don’t use that as a reason. You said you came here not for me, so it’s basically your fault.” Tiffany scolded before she walked away, ignored Jessica.

“Hey, why are you blaming me?”

“Because it is on you, duh?”

“But you said you missed me.”

“I did, but--”

“Ah, I’m so hurt.” Jessica brought a palm to her chest, “I think I’m going to cry.”

“Jessi,” Tiffany groaned, her hands on her hips, “what do you want, exactly?”

Jessica showed her puppy eyes, “Your girlfriend is sick so you shouldn’t leave her alone.”

Tiffany felt her cheeks heated at the word, ‘girlfriend’ but she pretended nothing happened.

“Take this day off. Pretty please?”

If only the person who was begging her wasn’t Jessica, Tiffany would completely ignore her and make her way to her office. She still had some unfinished business. Remember the incident the day before because of her stupid colleague? She still needed to give that dumb a lesson, even though it wasn’t too necessary. But after seeing Jessica practically begging her to stay, Tiffany finally gave up.

“Fine.” She forced a smile, “I’m not going to work. So, what would we do today? You’re sick, Jessi, you can’t go anywhere.”

“We still have a lot of things to do at home.” Jessica smiled.

“Oh yeah? Cuddling all day long?”

“No, nope.” Jessica shook her head and stood up, “I’d love to, but no. There are still more useful things rather than that.”

“Like what?”

Jessica didn’t answer. She walked past through Tiffany to the front door, then peeked to outside through the window beside it. Tiffany loosened her arms and walked closer to Jessica, still somehow hoping Jessica would change her mind.

Just then Jessica jerked her head to Tiffany with a grin.

“Let’s water your plants!”

-

“Are we seriously doing this?”

With a pair of raised eyebrows, Tiffany stared at Jessica. And the latter only gave her a nod before she re-focused to what she was doing. Like she said earlier, she wanted them to water Tiffany’s plants in front of her house.

Jessica knew Tiffany probably thought she was weird, but watering the plants was the first thing that crossed her mind. And again, they never did something like this before. It was simple, but they didn’t need complicated things to make their memorable times. Jessica would appreciate every single second she spent with Tiffany. And watering the plants wasn’t a bad idea, either.

So she tightened her hold onto the hose in her hand, sprouting water to each of the plants.

“Come on, Fany. Don’t just stand there! Water it!” She ordered.

Tiffany puffed a breath and it flew her bangs, “Really, you…”

Half-heartedly, she rolled her sleeves upward until her elbows and took the other hose. It was different from the one Jessica was holding. She then walked to the unused faucet in the corner of her small garden to connect it with the hose. Jessica saw what Tiffany was doing. She suddenly had another brilliant idea.

Jessica silently stepped on Tiffany’s hose on purpose. She held her laugh. Meanwhile Tiffany was confused because after she the faucet, the water didn’t come out through the hose. She frowned and shook the hose violently. Was that the hose, or the faucet’s fault that the water didn’t come out?

And as Jessica moved her foot away, the water sprouted right on Tiffany’s face.

“What the heck!”

Jessica let out a satisfied laughter with widely opened, “Got you!”

Tiffany hissed. Her face and hair were all wet, also her shirt. She gritted her teeth seeing the laughing Jessica and aimed her hose on the latter.

“Jung Sooyeon, you’re so dead!”

“Whoa, wait!” Jessica tried to run from the water but of course she couldn’t, “Fany, wait!”

They ended sprouting water to each other, instantly forgot that they had plants to water. It was basically Tiffany attacking Jessica because the older couldn’t move much. They laughed, they shrieked, they made each other soaked wet just like little kids do. When Jessica was about to revenge, Tiffany would aim her hose right to the latter’s face, and Jessica could do nothing but feel the harsh water hitting her face.

“Stop, I’m all wet! Stop now, you!”

Tiffany didn’t stop, “No way! You’re not going to survive!”

“Hwang Miyoung, stop!”

Jessica then boldly slapped Tiffany’s hose away before she caught the younger by her arms. Tiffany tried to move away, but Jessica’s grip was strong so she ended back-hugging the former. Tiffany kept laughing, kept attacking Jessica, until suddenly their hoses fell down onto the grass.

“It fell down! Jessi, it fell down!” Tiffany tried to free herself from Jessica’s hold, between her laughs, but Jessica was undeniably strong.

“No, I said stop! We’re not doing this any longer! We’re wet already!”

“The hoses fell! We’re going to waste the water! Let go! We’re going to flood the whole house!”

After Jessica gave in, she soon realized it was a mistake because as soon as Tiffany grabbed one of the hoses, she attacked Jessica again with no mercy. When Jessica reached for the other hose to retaliate, their water suddenly stopped flowing.

Wait, what?

Both of them stared at each hoses with a frown before their eyes landed on the faucets, and found out that someone had turned those off. Tiffany and Jessica stared open mouthed at the person, realizing how awkward their position was at the moment, sitting down on the grass, all wet from head to toe, each of them was holding a hose. Things didn’t get better when another unexpected guest appeared from nowhere.

“Tiffany,” The person had his eyes on Tiffany before he turned to Jessica, “and Miss Jung.”

Jessica gulped.

Okay, this wasn’t on the plan.

****

Today's my grandma's 60th birthday!! Happy birthday grandma <3