Ch 8 ||

Cheating and the results.

Ch 8 ||

Joonmyun and Taeyeon joined the circle after recruiting everyone into the dance room, “Okay, we have the forms to enter the contests and we need you all to sign the papers. They’re on the desk over there, it’s fine if some of you guys don’t want to join,” Taeyeon paused and looked towards the five boys before continuing, “But we would love for you to join, it’ll be fun!” she finished and stood up to join the ones that had already ran to the table. “Hurry up, we still have things to discuss.” Joonmyun shooed the lazy ones and smiled gently at the five boys before joining the others too. “Are you guys going to join?” Kris asked while rotating his head, trying to find a comfortably spot on Tao’s shoulder. “Jongin, Sehun and Hyoyeon noona said I should join their dancing competition. I should probably go and get the papers now.” Yixing replied and stretched his body as he stood up. Tao nudged his boyfriend’s ribs and sent a knowing look, “Aren’t you going to sign up?” he asked. “If I sign up, you have to sign up.” He replied and inspected his nails. He sighed and agreed he knew Kris was as stubborn as a rock; it was he was talking to brick wall. Within a few minutes Luhan and Kyungsoo were left, “I heard you sing, you should join.” Kyungsoo looked over to the older, seeing his cheeks flush.

“I’m not as good as them.” Luhan said, pointing towards Baekhyun, Jongdae and Joonmyun. “Well I’m sure if you practice you’ll do fine.” He tried to encourage the other, finally receiving a hesitant nod.

“Aren’t you going to sign up?”

Kyungsoo scrambled away from the voice and placed a hand over his beating heart, “D-Don’t do that.”

“You didn’t answer me, aren’t you going to enter?” Jongin asked again, watching the other carefully. “M-Maybe next year.” He replied in a hushed tone, avoiding the other’s gaze. “I-I mean if I come back again. I-I probably not going to come back, it’s just my mom forced me a-and-” he blabbered on until he heard Jongin let out an amused scowl with a smirk on his lips. “Hey Kyung! Come over here!” Chanyeol hollered and ran over to drag the owl boy away. ‘When did Chanyeol hyung call him Kyung?’ he thought but the thought quickly went away as he spotted Minseok and Tiffany in the corner, happily chatting.

“So, which contest did you enter this year? Last year you entered for dancing.” Tiffany asked the Baozi, earning a chuckle, “I’m entering with singing this year.” He replied.

“Of course, our Minseok can do everything huh? You can probably even rap next year.” She flung and arm around him and gestured him to head towards the door, “Let’s leave these monkeys and eat some ice-cream.” With that they both headed out the door and blocked out all the noise.

Jongdae was seated beside Kyungsoo when they both watched Minseok and Tiffany leave the room, arm in arm. Kyungsoo looked to his side, chewing his bottom lip when he noticed Jongdae was staring at his fingers. “So I’m guessing Tiffany Noona is who he likes huh?” Jongdae put on a pained smile, looking everywhere but Kyungsoo. “It doesn’t matter, I’ll forget him. It’ll be back to normal by the end of… all this.” He never experienced this kind of feeling before, feeling neglected, feeling as if he had no hope. “That’s not true Jongdae and you know it. You can’t simply-” the other began but quickly snapped his mouth shut as Baekhyun scooted over. “Jongdae, why the long face?” he asked cheerfully, unaware that the troll was in no mood to joke. “I’ll be back, I-I’ll go get some snacks.” He avoided everyone’s curious eyes as he exited the doorway, heading the opposite way of the kitchen. “Does that boy know he’s not going to the kitchen?” Baekhyun mumbled but and shrugged as a reply to himself. “He’s probably not used to the house yet.” Kyungsoo tried to act as normal as possible. “Anyways, are you going to sign up?”

The other quickly shook his head and mumbled something inaudible. “Come on Kyung, you can’t be shy forever.” He pouted and laid down. “But I’m not shy.” Kyungsoo tried to reason, receiving a eye roll in return. It was true, he’s not shy. He’s just not as talkative as others nor does he like the center of attention, so he often stands at the back. His small slouched figure and big eyes doesn’t help either. “Whatever, just don’t regret not signing up, this year there’s awesome songs you can sing to. Your choice.” Baekhyun shrugged and waddled over to his giant best friend. Kyungsoo inspected the room and the people within. He felt so… so not in place, yet he felt so safe. Luhan had found his singing buddies, Yixing had found his dancing chows, Tao and Kris –They just somehow fit in. Yet here Kyungsoo sat, alone –by himself.

Jongin had already finished writing down everything he needed to, so stood there watching. He took this time to look around, watching his noonas and Hyungs interacting. Then he came across a lonesome boy on the floor, staring at everyone dreamily. The gaze in his eyes were dull and dark, something about Kyungsoo’s face made him a little irritated and sorry. He watched and watched, watching the owl boy stare at the others around the room. He also watched as the other stood up slowly, stayed standing there for a second. His expression was unreadable which made Jongin even more furious, ‘What’s he thinking?’ he thought, it frustrates him that he doesn’t know what the other was thinking about. It hit him when Kyungsoo began to head towards the door, head hung low. It hit him so suddenly –He must’ve felt left out. He was a new addition and Jongin couldn’t quite point out why he felt such a weird twirling gut-feeling inside of him. Jongin could’ve went after the other, talk to him, try to include him or something –anything. But no, he stood there watching the other vanish into the low dimmed hall, it wasn’t him to be so distant from people. Honestly, Jongin was a good kid, he looks threatening at first, but once you get to speak to him he’s possibly the most gullible kid you’ve ever met.

“What are you staring at?” Jongdae blew into Jongin’s ear, making him screech. “Don’t do that!” he exclaimed, rubbing his ears furiously while the other pouted, “It’s hyung by the way.” After the other finally left he exhaled a breath, happy that he avoided the question successfully.

The next day came by rather quickly, after breakfast they rushed downstairs to begin, but only Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Yixing took their sweet time. Kyungsoo frowned and swallowed his spoonful of cereal while watching the also frowning two. After finishing his egg Yixing got out of his seat and walked towards the sink with heavy footsteps. Kyungsoo’s head snapped towards the door when Sehun stepped. They stared at each other for a second before adverting their eyes towards Jongdae’s slouched figure and the tired arm movements of Yixing. ‘What happened?’ Sehun mouthed towards the owl boy, receiving a shrug. ‘Did someone die or something?’ Sehun mouthed again. He strolled towards his Hyung’s side and started to massage his shoulders, “What’s wrong hyung?” he asked, peaking at other’s reactions. When he received no response he sat down at stared at his hyung, letting a few minutes pass before turning to the other hyung. “Yixing hyung, what happened to you?” he asked and jumped back, hitting Jongdae’s side –not that the other reacted nor cared. There revealed a crying Yixing, “H-Hyung!” Kyungsoo panicked, “W-What happened?” he asked. The depressed Jongdae also lifted his head and rubbing circles on the other’s back.

“Just let it out hyung, let it out.”

After a few minutes Yixing finally calmed down, “Hyung, tell us what happened.” Jongin pleaded, worry written in his face. The three of them watched as he took a deep breath, “My leg hurts.”

Huh?” the three of them chimed in sync. “I said, my leg hurts.” He repeated, tears dwelling in his eyes again. Kyungsoo blinked rapidly, a little flustered and stuttered out, “Y-You’re leg hurts?” he asked, receiving a nod. “My leg hurts and I can’t dance!” Yixing exclaimed, throwing his legs and arms angrily around. “Is that why you were crying?” Jongin asked, half wanting to cry and laugh when the other nodded violently. Jongdae was the first to crack a smile and dived in for a hug, “Hyung, you scared me!” he admitted. The other two joined in on ruffling his hair and patting his back, when Yixing began to burst in tears again, “You’re putting so much pressure on my leg! It hurts!” he wailed. This time all three burst in laughter. They felt kind of sorry for laughing at someone who was in pain, but they were also relieved that it wasn’t a major problem. 

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae were outside in the sand while the others were eating lunch. Of course there were conversations going around the table but it was much much quieter without those hooligans (as Joonmyun calls them). Even though Minseok was usually quiet most of the time, he was quite observant, just like how he noticed how Jongin would always try to get Sehun’s attention, while the other was too busy stealing food from Joonmyun’s plate.  On the other side of the table Luhan and Kyungsoo would be chatting quietly and the three Chinese mates would join their conversation once in a while. “Sehun-ah.” Jongin called repeatedly, kicked his friend’s leg after each call. “What.” Sehun said absently. “Hyung, are we allowed to go outside? It’s so hot in here.” Sehun protested and rubbed his cheeks against Joonmyun’s shoulder. “Sorry.” Jongin joked and fanned himself, earning a few eye-rolls and slaps on his back and head.

“Hyung, let me go outside!” he whined again, making Jongin want to wrap his arms around his shoulders and pamper him. He quickly decided against it and took his hand instead, dragging him out of the kitchen, “Hyung, we’re going to go outside and play.” He called behind him before shutting the doors close.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel a little restless and Luhan had seemed to notice the dark aura around him.

 “What’s up buddy?”

Both boys had gotten closer in a matter of a few minutes, they had so many things in common. Kyungsoo looked up and shrugged, giving the best smile he could before his eyes landed on the two goofs on the couch, trying to tickle each other.

“Yeol! Get off of me!” Baekhyun burst out in a fit of giggles, squirming under the giant. For a second Chanyeol had stopped his movements and looked down at the vulnerable white puppy beneath him, by the size difference he was practically covering the other with his body, blocking him away from the light. But the moment had vanished quickly as Chanyeol proceeded to tickle his best friend. “Where’s Tao and Kris?” Luhan asked to no one in particular as he glanced around, only spotting Joonmyun and Yixing sitting at the dining table. After a few minutes of walking around the house he decided to head outside, maybe they’re having their ‘alone’ time, it wasn’t hard to figure out both males had something more than friendship.  As he turned the corner he stopped brutally as familiar voices were heard in the distance.

“Jongin-ah, let’s go get bubble tea!” he heard Sehun nag.

“No.” came the short reply.

“Why? Just once, I haven’t drunk bubble tea in such a long time!”

“Long time? Last week was a long time? Sehun, you’re unbelievable.”

Voices had stopped talking and Luhan snapped out of his gaze, he pouted unconsciously as the thought of bubble tea made his stomach growl. He took a step forward with his hand clamped around his growling stomach when he came in contact with something –someone, more like two someones. “Oh sorry!” he exclaimed immediately when he realized who they were and looked down, trying to hide his blushing cheeks. “Oh! There, Luhan Hyung will go with you to get bubble tea!” Jongin moved aside and pushed Luhan towards the poker-faced maknae, making him trip over his own feet and ended up falling into Sehun’s body. “W-Wait what?” Luhan stuttered and he pushed himself away trying to grasp onto the tan man’s arm but his grip was too loose, letting Jongin escape. “I’ll see you guys later, have fun!” Jongin waved goodbye and shuffled away behind the corner. He shuffled his feet around and he avoided eye-contact. He jumped in surprise as Sehun spoke, more or less willingly, “Let’s get going, we don’t have the whole day.” Before Luhan could reply with a smarty answer like, ‘Logically, we do.’ Sehun had already walked off, leaving the dumbfounded deer behind.

 


 

 

Hey everyone ^^ Im really really sorry for not updating !

But I was kinda like... too busy spazzing over exo's comeback

but just when I was like so pumped about their MV ... news about the ship that sank in South Korea

was just too much. I watched exo-m perform 'Overdose' live and Tao looks so pale and tired,

poor panda, he's still performing with a high fever.

During the interview with exo-m, Chen didn't speak at all and he looked so sad,

he didn't even smile one bit and it was sad to see that for most fans.

I think maybe he's homesick and he's worried about the ship.

Although I don't know much about what happened with the ship, correct me if I'm wrong,

just tell me in the comments below...

Well till next time!

(REALLY REALLY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! As a gift for forgiveness... here !)

 

^( me trying to pick a bias)

Cr: Owners.