Ch 9 ||

Cheating and the results.

Ch 9 ||

“No! I already told you, the lyrics aren’t ‘gutoru mida watdeon geu saran’ it’s ‘geutorok mideo watdeon geu saram’!” Baekhyun exclaimed and tugged at his blonde locks.

“Aigoo, Baekhyunnie, you’re going to rip your hair out.” Jongdae snickered as Baekhyun sent him another deadly glare. “Whatever, let’s just sing this again. And this time, get it right.” Both of them straightened up and began the song again. 

Geutorok mideo watdeon geu saram

Dora seol juriya
yejeoneneun mollasseonne
jinjeong nan mollanne.

Although it was just the intro of the song Kyungsoo was so impressed, where did they learn to sing like that? “Finally!” the two of them said in unison making Joonmyun chuckle in amusement. “I’m hungry so I’m going to get some snacks.” Jongdae confessed as he headed towards the doors. Using this opportunity, both Joonmyun and Baekhyun shifted towards Kyungsoo and grinned widely, “Did you like it? Was it bad?” Kyungsoo shook his head eagerly and complimented them instead, “It was really good, and where did you learn to sing like that?”

“Jongdae took singing lessons, but I was too busy.” Baekhyun confessed and continued, “Jongdae sings the best out of all of us.”

Kyungsoo nodded, but he couldn’t help but ask, “Who raps?”

Something flickered inside Baekhyun’s brown orgs and he beamed brightly, as if a sun was hovering over him, “Yeollie, he raps and sings!” for a moment Baekhyun reminisced how they both used to sing and play the guitar together out on the field. He quickly snapped out of his daydream and continued to brag about his best friend’s abilities, “Yeollie’s so good at rapping! Sehun and Jongin rap too, the three of them would make up random raps during breakfast or something. Yeol would also-” the door opened and there stood the giant. “Hey Baek!” he exclaimed and ran in for a bone crushing hug, but Baekhyun didn’t seem to mind.

“What are you doing here Yeol?”

“To see what you guys are up to, where’s Jongdae?” he asked while looking around.

“He went to get some food, what song are you doing this year?”

Suddenly Chanyeol pulled out a piece of paper –which looked like a music sheet, and handed it to Baekhyun, “I’m actually here to see if anyone would be willing to sing with me.” Baekhyun was basically screaming, ‘I’LL DO IT! I’LL DO IT!’ but he knew he wouldn’t be able to. The song he’s doing is hard enough; he doesn’t need any more stress. Chanyeol seemed to have read the other’s expression when he quickly added, “If only you I could do it with you, next year we’ll sing together on stage for sure!” Although Baekhyun wasn’t completely convinced he let Chanyeol continue. “I’ll be performing twice, I’m doing the intro for the competition so it’ll be a short one. Then the second one is the one I’m competing with.” He explained, keeping his eyes on the owl boy. In the middle of his explanation Jongdae came back with a plate of food, and now he was seated beside Joonmyun. “What about Joonmyun hyung? You guys can sing together.” Jongdae suggested but Joonmyun just groaned, “Please, No. We-” he pointed at Chanyeol then himself, “-Can’t work together.” They sighed and continued to list people, “Hey, Kyungsoo! You could sing with Chanyeol.” Jongdae exclaimed happily as if he won a lottery or something. Despite the jealous feeling at the bottom of Baekhyun’s stomach, it is a good idea; after all, he’s the only one available. “W-What?” Kyungsoo stuttered, looking even more innocent, Baekhyun can’t help but love the guy for his innocence, but he also had that bubbling twisted gut twirling inside him, making him want to puke. “What about L-Luhan hyung?” he asked but Jongdae said that the two were already singing a Chinese song together. “It’s not long! I promise, and I really need someone to sing with me. I’m begging you.” Chanyeol asked with his big eyes pleaded in silence, it was as if Kyungsoo was being in; that wasn’t a good thing. “I-I don’t know.” He choked out as he felt his throat clogging up. “Think about it, it’s only a minute or so. It won’t be longer than two minutes.” His mind was blank and he couldn’t seem to focus on anything, in result, making his eyes cross. “Y-You okay?” Joonmyun asked, shooting a glance at the three younger ones.

“Huh? Oh, y-ya.”  Came out his stuttering reply.

“Well anyways, I hope you think about it! You seem like a singer, I can see it in your eyes.” Chanyeol exclaimed dramatically and waved goodbye before exiting out the door. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at the owl boy in envy, ‘You see like a singer, I can see it in your eyes.’ Those words had never been said to Baekhyun, let alone his best friend. Chanyeol would just say his voice was good, good.

“We should continue our song now Jongdae.” Baekhyun suggested with his head hung low and began to flip the papers.

 

On the other side of the hall, Sehun was teaching Yixing some cool dance moves. “Hyung, you’re supposed to rotate your feet to the right.”

“Oh, sorry.”

“Let’s go again. 1, 2 , and a-”

“You guys are so boring.” Hyoyeol exclaimed and rested her hand on her forehead, “Let’s do something fun. Dancing can’t be the only thing you do, right?”

“I only want to dance.” Jongin replied sitting down beside his noona. “Well, you can’t everything you want. Now, how about making some songs!” The three of them gave her a look and shook their heads, “What are you talking about? We’re not singers here, we’re dancers.” Jongin casted a look to Sehun and Yixing before continuing, “Partly rappers.”

“You guys are so not exciting! Boo!” She stood up and fixed her shirt while waving them over towards the door, signaling to follow her lead.  “Joonmyun-ah!” she called and banged on the vocal room continuously. “What now.” Joonmyun said as he stumbled out. “Call everyone into the dance room. Except for my Unnies, they have nothing to do with this.”

Conversations had begun quickly and everyone was in some kind of circle, talking with each other. “Aigoo, these un-sociable picky kids.” Hyoyeol ticked while pointing at Sehun and Jongin who were talking with each other in a corner.

“Listen up!” she shouted and grinned in satisfactory when everyone had turned their gaze onto her. “I decided we should spice things up, shall we?”

“Noona, we already have the competition, what more do you want from us.” Chanyeol complained beside her making her a little agitated. “Aish, you lazy brat.” She teased and smacked the back of his head. “As I was saying, an idea randomly popped up in my head while my juniors were dancing.” Jongin and Sehun rolled their eyes while Yixing nodded viscously. “I think we should…” she stopped dramatically and bounced up when she yelled out the next words,

“MAKE A SONG!”

She stood there awkwardly when everyone blinked back at her in silence. “What?” Joonmyun asked, “We’re busy enough with the competition coming up, and you’re asking us to make a song. Especially when you know none of us has any experience what-so-ever.” His gaze as dead and dull, shooting right through her. “Yah, don’t talk to your noona like that.

“Er…” Yixing slowly raised his hand, as if he had a question to ask. “I wrote a few songs.”

“Oh ya! Yixing hyung used to sing them to Kris and I!” Tao reminisced of the time they used to sit on the rooftop of their neighbor’s dog house, while Kris and him were looking for stars Yixing would be singing songs to them. “See? This is perfect! Yixing can help you guys and all will be swell.” Hyoyeon clapped her hands together with a large grin. “Now that everything’s set, get to work. Chop Chop!” she clapped her hands again and marched out of the room, giggling a little. “What’s wrong with her?” Kyungsoo teased in a whisper, but Luhan heard, which made him giggle. “I know right?”

“I guess we’re going to make a song…” Joonmyun trailed off, observing his kids from afar. Some simply shrugged but three others seemed to be pumped about it. The two best friends were busy chatting with Yixing about the new song that they completely forgot their main goal: the Competition.

“Yah, Chanyeol. Get your but over here.” Kris called his friend over. “Neh Oppa!” he replied childishly, earning a few slaps from his other friends. He ran over to the room and shut the door excitedly, “Let’s get this show started!”

“Baekhyunnie! Come over here!” Jongdae called and hit his palm on the door several times before Baekhyun finally arrived. “Now let’s continue this song.”

When the two began to sing, with Joonmyun monitoring them, Kyungsoo slipped out of the rooms and went upstairs to his bedroom. He stared at the ceiling above him and sighed before wondering out loud, “Should I sing with Chanyeol? What if I mess up and everyone will think I’m a loser. Of course, if I don’t try, I won’t know that. Maybe I should give it a shot… maybe not. I haven’t sang in such a long time, what if I lose my touch, it’s not like I even had a touch to start with. What if I mess up on stage? What if they laugh at me, like what happened last time? What if Jong-”

“There you are.” A voice called from the door, startling Kyungsoo. “W-What are you doing here?”

“Well I was done with my rapping part, so I went to find you. I’m still wondering if you want to do the duet with me.” Chanyeol said and sat on Jongin’s bed, facing the smaller boy. “I see you’ve been thinking about it too.” He said while pointing at the sheets of papers in Kyungsoo’s hand, while bouncing up and down. “I-I mean-”

“Come on Soo, you have to do it with me. You might not come next year, and since you’re not singing in the competition, it’s only once.”

Those words somehow sounded convincing to Kyungsoo’s ears, and his next words surprised Chanyeol, and him, himself. “Okay, I’ll do it.” There was no hesitant in his voice but there was a slight tremble. “YES!” the giant yelped in joy and pulled Kyungsoo into a deadly hug. “Y-you’re welcome.” He mumbled into Chanyeol’s shirt. At the end he was carried down by Chanyeol, who had flung him over his shoulders as if he was a backpack. “KYUNGSOO’S SINGING WITH ME!” he screamed with his loud voice. “What?” Baekhyun called from the kitchen, shock written all over his face when Chanyeol and Kyungsoo walked in, arm in arm. “He’s singing with me Baek. It’s a dream come true!”

His best friend cast a frown towards the petite boy standing by Chanyeol’s side, “You’re singing with him?” he asked, receiving a hesitant nod. Chanyeol was his best friend, so shouldn’t he be happy for him? He rolled his eyes again when Chanyeol picked Kyungsoo up and flung him over his shoulders, “Let’s go!”

Baekhyun was never liked his best friend being all touchy with some other than him, but with Kyungsoo, it seemed like a whole different story. “What are you frowning about? You’re best friend finally got someone to sing a duet with, you should be happy.” Jongdae commented quickly, before power-walking towards the kitchen.

“Put Kyungsoo down Chanyeol, you’re scaring that boy.” Joonmyun demanded, Chanyeol complied. When he was placed down he noticed everyone had their attention on them, something Kyungsoo hated. “What? You, are singing with that thing?” Sehun asked Kyungsoo, while pointing at the giant. “Yea.” He trailed off, he was starting to had second thoughts about accepting his request. “Shut up Sehun, you’re just jealous because I get along with everyone so quickly, while you can’t even handle your deer neighbor.” Chanyeol teased before picking the owl boy up –once again, (also ignoring Joonmyun’s protests) and headed towards the vocal room, waving Kris to follow.

Once they entered the vocal room Chanyeol placed Kyungsoo down gently before shutting the door behind him.

“Okay, I already chose the songs. Kyungsoo and I are going to sing two gigs, one with Kris-”

“W-Wait, t-two?” Kyungsoo stuttered, eyes going wider.

“Yea… but don’t worry, it won’t be that bad!”

Kyungsoo gave up and sighed in return, he couldn’t possibly turn away, after seeing how happy Chanyeol was.

“So, the first one would be our duet.” He pointed at himself and Kyungsoo. “The second one would be us three. Kris and I talked it out, we’ll be singing –rapping for us, ‘Guilty’. You don’t mind do you?”

“No, it’s a good song.”

“And I’ve been thinking, for our own gig, we should sing a English song. Kris can help us with our pronunciation. Something like, Bruno Mar’s Nothing on you.”

“O-oh, are we going to sing raw?” Kyungsoo asked, eyeing the guitar inside the open guitar case.

“Oh yea! That reminds me, I’ll be playing the guitar and singing, so there’ll be a guitar too.”

Ten minutes have passed and they decided to start on the duet first, “Soo-ah, can you go get the sheets on the table over there? I’ll start tuning my guitar.”

No matter how frantic Kyungsoo searched, he still couldn’t find the music. “What’s taking you so long, I’ve already tuned.” Chanyeol teased and got up, towering over the smaller one from behind. He reached forward, their chest and back touching. “I can’t seem to find it…” Chanyeol mumbled, and reached forwards once again. Kyungsoo take notice of their lack of personal-space because he was so focused to find the music, he was excited to step on stage again. Chanyeol’s hand naturally rested on Kyungsoo’s waist.

Kris was about to call them over when the door opened and Baekhyun stood there with papers in his hand, “Yeol, you left your-” he paused for a moment, staring at his best friend’s position. “-music.” He finished in a hushed tone. “Thanks Baek! I thought I was missing something when I came down.” He let go of Kyungsoo and walked over, taking the papers out of the other’s grasp.

“You’re welcome.” He replied in a flat tone, still staring at where Chanyeol was earlier. “Look over here Baek! We-”

“I-I have to go, Yeol. I-I’ll see you guys later.” He stuttered, eyes going a little unfocused before running out the door. “Wait-” he was cut off by the door slam.

“What’ wrong with him?” Chanyeol asked to no one in particular, while Kris was just observing everything. “I-I don’t think Baekhyun likes me very much.” Kyungsoo whispered nervously.

“Of course not! He likes everyone. Plus, he likes everyone I like.”


 

Hehe, Hello ^^

Yea... you guys kind of get where I'm getting at.

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo singing Nothing On You ( Sukira )

Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Kris singing Guilty ( Sukira )

whle Jongdae and Baekhyun are singing ' I really didn't know' ( Immortal songs 2 )

I'm sorry if this chapter isn't that good, but I just had to introduce the songs they were singing.

Just incase no one get's confused,

Baekhyun was just a little -teenie weenie- jealous about the skinship

going around Chanyeol and Kyungsoo ^^

Till next time ^^ <3 <3

 

 

 

 

Poor Jealous Baek :/