Mission

Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a week after New Year. Means the baby would be born soon.

But there’s a very important event that Haneul couldn’t let it slip just like that.

Something to do with Kyungsoo; her husband, and perhaps the word ‘birth’ and 'day'?

Birthday. Kyungsoo’s birthday. Her husband’s birthday.

Haneul pouted, of all things, she dislike thinking way too much and too hard.

The thing is, yes of course her husband eat sweet things. But he doesn’t really prefer cakes.

That’s why.

Birthday, it’s always about celebration, presents and cake! So what would she make to substitute the cake? She thought on making cupcakes, but there’s still the word cake in it.

Rubbing her protruding stomach (which she prays so hard not to come out when her appa is not around), she lean back on her seat as she watch Myungsoo finishing his breakfast.

“Myungsoo, what should I make for your appa, hmm?”

Myungsoo grins and went back to his breakfast. Food can easily distract Myungsoo.

Haneul reach for a toast and get strawberry jams to spread on it.

“Myungie, tell umma, what should we make for appa?”

The boys laugh, pointing his breakfast happily, “Pujing!” (Pudding)

“Aww, so sweet of you. But it can’t be just pudding, honey.”

As she about to bite her toast, her eyes travel back and forth to her and Myungsoo’s breakfast.

Grinning widely, she went to kiss Myungsoo’s cheek.

“Myungsoo, you’re a genius!”

 

~~~

 

“But, Haneul, we just bought groceries 2 days ago.”

“I know oppa. I just need to buy something. It wouldn’t take long, I promise!”

She heard him sighing on the other line.

“You’re aware that your pregnancy is on the 9th month, right?”

“Yes, I know but my due date about 2 weeks away. Please? I’m going to the nearest mall. I’ll call you as soon as I reach there and as soon as I get back.”

“…Haneul... Fine, but if anything happen, unlocks your phone and gives it to Myungsoo; I taught him how to call me using your phone before and hopefully he’ll know how to do when it’s emergency or something.”

Haneul’s lips curve upwards, nodding at every word Kyungsoo said.

“I will. Thank you, hubby! I love you!”

Kyungsoo chuckles a bit, “You’re welcome, wifey. Be careful and please do as you promise; call me as soon as you get there and as soon as you get home. I got to go. I love you too.”

“Okay, see you later.”

When she confirmed that Kyungsoo had finally hung up, she almost, almost jumps out of happiness.

“Myungsoo, we’re going to shopping!”

“Eung? Wae?”

Haneul pick him up to get to his room. “Because we have a mission. Myungie and umma.”

~~~

“…what is left there to buy?”

She glance at her cart; milk, eggs, bread…and Myungsoo playing a small plushy (that a group of worker insist to give him because he’s cute and all).

“Mix fruits! Well, cherries…raisins…we’re not a fan of raisins so…”

"Bewwies!"

Myungsoo shout it out, he flail his arm with right hand tightly hold the small plushy and point to the strawberries that he saw.

"Right, strawberries for you."

Picking up a medium container of the strawberries, she then strolls for another round, picking a few things and some healthy snacks for Myungsoo before heading to the cashier to pay.

~~~

Haneul make sure she got home first before her husband did and hide the extra groceries away.

She doesn’t mean to lie but in any event, like their anniversary or her birthday, Kyungsoo would always pull something out and swipe her off her feet.

Of course she did celebrate his birthday now and then, giving him presents but sometimes, she feels like she didn’t do hard enough like her husband did.

Hearing the door open, Haneul wipe the tiny tears that was about to fall from her eyes.

“Hey babe.”

Haneul smiles at the nickname. She still remembers the day they were officially dating each other.

He would call her sweet names when there’s no one around. He’d be as red as tomato when the rest of EXO caught him calling her sweet names.

People would always say things like, D.O and Kyungsoo are two different people.

D.O is an idol, the one who control the stage with his voice. Kyungsoo is a person, a squishy one, shy, manly and all.

But to her, there’s no such thing as D.O and Kyungsoo. He is Do Kyungsoo; a singer, a husband and a father.

The entire struggle, the heartache, and the pain they had to fight in order to keep the relationship works for them were still fresh in her mind.

“What’s wrong?”

Haneul shook her head and smiles. He’s still Do Kyungsoo I knew, my Do Kyungsoo.

“So, what did you bought on the mall?”

“Oh, just stuff.”

“Haneul.”

The wife pout, she really didn’t want to lie to her husband.

“Something. Which you’ll find out later but, let’s just time decide that, okay?”

Kyungsoo decides to drop it off and nods.

“Sorry that I got home late, we’ll go out for dinner, okay?”

She nods, “It’s okay, I understand. Where are we going for dinner?”

The husband smiles, “Somewhere, which you’ll find out later but, let’s just time decide that, okay?”

Haneul pout, “No using my words against me.”

“Excuse me, but you’re mine.”

“Which means?”

“Your words are mine too,”

Kyungsoo smiles, hand tracing her lips, “And so does this lips.”

 

~~~

 

12 January, finally.

Haneul woke up extra early to make waffle for her husband.

Waffle and pancakes are his favorites, and since they had this tradition of Sunday Pancake, she decide to go with waffle for the special day.

A scoop of vanilla ice-cream with chopped kiwis and strawberries on top, she serves the plate on the dining table.

As soon as the husband step into the dining room, she wish him happy birthday.

“Happy birthday to my lovely husband~ Thank you for always being wonderful and the Do Kyungsoo you are. And sorry, this is all I can do to start your wonderful day.”

The said birthday boy widens his eyes.

“T-Thank you.”

He went to hug her tight, “Thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter