Sweet Goodbye

The Long Freight
Author's note: Starting off with a cute family scene... Then the action will pick up on the next chapter. Happy read ^.^
 
_____________________________________________
 
 
The members arrived together at the airport, all dressed casually, well, Minwoo had his fashionista touch on his look of course, with a blue cap, blue navy tank top underneath a blue opened up shirt, white skinny jeans and blue sneakers. The others on the contrary, just had on what they first grabbed from their closet, refusing to even be dressed by their stylists. Their reason for it, as they would say it, is that they were not on stage or TV. The stylists would just laugh at that, already used to this kind of response.
 
 
 
All were at the waiting room of their gate. Their flight was already being displayed on the flight board.
 
 
 
"Everything is packed together guys. We'll leave in 20 minutes." Minwoo's manager said.
 
 
 
The members were saying their goodbyes to their parents who also were in the room with them.
 
 
 
"Appa, please take care. Make sure not to skip meals and sleep well. Be by Eomma's side for me. I'll try my best to come in-between dates to visit." Minwoo said as he held on his father's hands.
 
"Don't worry son, your Eomma is in good hands. We'll be fine. Travel safely."
 
"I love you, Appa."
 
"Me too, son. Good luck on the tour and you guys make sure also not to skip your meals. Last year's tour, you all came back very skinny."
 
"Yes, Mr. Lee, we will." Dongwan said as he along with his mother approached Minwoo and his father.
 
"Mr. Lee is right." Ms. Kim said as she looked at Dongwan and fixed his collar. "And you, mister, better keep your medicine close and well organized. Don't want you telling me you lost your bag again over the phone."
 
"No need to worry about that, Ms. Kim. Medicine for him is veeeeeery important. He may loose his bag, but not his meds." Minwoo replied back.
 
 
 
Dongwan just blushed. "Yeah right..." He looked around and spotted Junjin's father coming in the room out of breath from running. "Ooh Mr. Park. You arrived right on time. We are about to leave."
 
 
 
Junjin sighed relieved his father came. He was already feeling worried. Mr. Park came closer and patted Junjin's back.
 
 
 
"I had something scheduled for this hour but couldn't skip saying goodbye to you guys as we always do when you go on tour." Then he looked at Junjin. "Jin-ah, I'm so proud of you. I'm proud of you all. Keep that bond together like this."
 
"Thank you, Mr. Park." Dongwan said as he bowed to him.
 
 
 
Right next to them, Hyesung was talking to his mother.
 
 
 
"Please slow down on the sesame oil. No need to force it on anyone, okay? I love you Pilkyo-ah! Fighting!" Then they both went for a warm hug.
 
"Okay, Eomma. I'll try." Hyesung said as he rolled his eyes and smiled, enjoying the hug. Then his mother started tickling him.
 
"Eommaaaa~ stop, heehe! You know how I blush when you do that~" Hyesung couldn't hold his laughter.
 
 
 
Nearby, Eric was admiring the love Hyesung had for his mother. He wished he could often be that close with his parents like that. So did Andy.
 
 
 
They both had no choice but to call their parents since they were currently in the US.
 
 
 
Eric was the one who called first. Their conversation was really comforting. He was smiling all the time.
 
 
 
"We might pass by there to visit. We have some tour dates for L.A. and New York. By the way, how is my niece?"
 
"She is behaving. She will be so happy to see you again. She's always doing the samba dance everytime she sees you on TV. So cute!"
 
"I know, Mom. My phone is running out of space of some many videos she keeps sending me of her dancing...."
 
"Hyung, I want to talk to my mom too. Hurry!" Andy interrupted as he nudged Eric's shoulder.
 
"Ooh, is Andy's mother awake?" Eric asked.
 
"Yes, I'm right next to her. She is recovering well. I missed her so I came to visit. Hold on."
 
 
 
Eric hands over the phone to Andy. "Here."
 
 
 
"Andy-ya...." Ms. Lee said on the phone.
 
 
 
As Andy heard his mother's voice, his tears started coming out. He then breathed deeply trying to recompose himself.
 
 
 
Junjin was still talking with his dad when he spotted Andy cry. 
 
 
 
"Appa, I'll be right back." He said as he walked near Eric and Andy. 
 
"Hyung, what's wrong?"
 
"He's talking to Ms. Lee. You know our maknae how he gets emotional easily." 
 
 
 
Junjin came close to Andy and hugged him by his shoulder for comfort. Andy looked at him and couldn't help smiling. 
 
 
 
"I'm here." Junjin whispered. Andy just nodded as he held the phone.
 
"Hello?" Ms. Lee said worriedly thinking that no one was at the other end of the line.
 
Andy replied right back. "Oooh Mommy. How are you?" Another tear came down.
 
"I'm okay today, Andy. You care so much about me. Make sure to care for yourself too. I heard you are about to go on a tour."
 
"Yes, Mommy. In few minutes. My manager is already showing his frustrating look. We're about to go inside the plane. I just needed to call you before we left."
 
"Have a safe trip dear. I love you."
 
"Love you too mom!" And he handed the phone back to Eric as he softly sobbed.
 
"Ms. Lee will be okay." Junjin said as he comforted Andy, hugging him. 
 
"I wish I could be by her side though." Andy lamented.
 
"And you are." Eric intervened as he interrupted his phone call with his mother, putting his hand on Andy's shoulder. "Don't cry, okay? The make up stylist will scream at you soon saying that your face is too rough to put any make up on."
 
 
 
They laughed and went joining the others. Eric was finally pleased seeing his maknae smiling again. He went back to the phone.
 
 
 
"Bye, we'll call when we arrive. Saranghae!"
 
"Kiss kiss!" Eric's mother replied back.
 
 
 
Minwoo was jumping up and down all happy, which got Eric's interest after hanging up the phone. "Thanks for the panda ears, Eomma! Daebak!!!"
 
 
 
Eric's eyes went wide as he smiled staring at what Minwoo was holding. He ran straight to Minwoo's direction. "Panda!!!! I want those too!!!"
 
 
 
"I got plenty of animals ears in this bag. You can choose from here." Minwoo replied back.
 
"But I want yours." Eric whined.
 
"Ooh those kids never grow old." Minwoo's mother said, smiling at the scene in front of her.
 
"That's their charisma." Mr. Park said.