He Thinks About Mothers

Before 6:00

Age 5

Young In likes wearing pink dresses and red shoes that buckle and pretty hair clips that sparkle.

Jongin likes running in the grass and playing soccer with other kids and getting his hands dirty.

Young In likes watching Jongin play soccer.  She likes watching him laugh out loud when he kicks the ball into the net.

Jongin likes watching Young In skip around in her red shoes and flowery dresses.  He likes watching her smile like nothing else in the world matters.

__

Young In's mother tells them to come take a picture together, so one day they can look back and see how big they've gotten.

Jongin and Young In stand next to each other. Jongin is  little taller because he is a boy and older, too.  Young In's mother tells them to smile, so Jongin smiles and the camera flashes.  He has to blink a few times because there are blue spots flying in front of his eyes.

This is the first time Jongin has seen a mother who likes to take pictures of her kids.  He can't remember the last time he took a picture with his mother.  Maybe Jongin's memory is bad, or he really has never done much with his own mother.

He's sure he'll like this picture very much.

 

10:00 am