Puzzle 3 - UNFIX

Skeleton In The Closet

Seoul, 2016

“Chaerin-ah, you are here?” that was the first question I heard from Hyuksoo oppa when he opened his apartment for me. He looked in shock and I enjoy it. Now that he let me come inside his apartment and have a couple of mocktails.

 

                “Spill it!” he says after I drink the mocktails he prepared for me.

 

                “Spill what?” I turn into laugh. Actually I have no idea why the heck I am here. It’s just I am bored and that I need to talk to someone. Bom unnie was so busy with her new boy trainees, Dara unnie was in Philipines for a photo shot, and I cannot share my problems with Minzy since she is still busy preparing for her solo comeback.

               

                “I just want to meet you. That’s all..” I say and look into his eyes. He doubts me. I know.

 

                “You lied, Chae. I have been friend with you for so long and now that you tell me you just want to meet me so sudden, without telling me first, and even without mailing me about your comeback to Seoul…”

 

                “It’s not a comeback…” I cut his words. “It’s just a single trip. Probably I will be back to France before Jiyong oppa comeback from his army…”

 

                “I am disappointed that it’s not for good but hey, it’s been two years and you still want to run away?”

 

                “I am not running away..”

 

                “Yes, you’re Chae. Look at you now. My bright Chaerin turns into a dark one. Why you still keep silent?”

 

                “It’s just.. I never come into the right time..”

 

                “Even to me? Your friend?” He doesn’t believe me .. what? If only he knows that he is one of my trustworthy friend.

 

                “Because you are also Jiyong oppa’s friend. That’s why… you know…”

 

                “Chae-ah..” I am glad that he is laughing. “This is the first time I hate for befriend Jiyong…”

 

                Ah.. no one can’t hate for being close with him, oppa. No one. Including me.

 

***

 

“This is the latest collection from Versace arrive in Seoul, miss Lee…”

 

                Only a thing can make women happy after they being bored all a day. Shopping. Hyuksoo oppa knows me well and ask me shopping in Gangnam. Versace is the first name ring a bell in my brain as I put my feet into the Gangnam ground. Last time I bought Versace was three months ago and I met Donatella Versace herself in France when she was on her trip there.

 

                I buy one of the jumpsuit I found so unique.

 

                “That is so you,” the only comment from Hyuksoo oppa when he saw me bought the clothes.

 

                “You know what, Chae? I remember Jiyong being jealous to you when you got a present from Donatella Versace and he kept complaining around the gank about how he spent a lot of money for Versace but you were the one who got the present from them…”

 

                How can I forget that. I remember it too, Hyuksoo oppa. Even the story after he mocked around complaining something unnecessary. The more interesting story that you don’t know Hyuksoo oppa.

 

                “Chae? Chae? Are you still with me?”

 

                “Ne?” oh – “Yeah.. I remember it, oppa..”

 

                “What happened, Chae? You look like lost when I mentioned Jiyong…”

 

                “Just stop talking about him, can we?”

 

***

 

Studio, Apgujeong, 2014

 

“Chae-ah…”

 

                “Hmph…”

 

                Jiyong oppa and I finally back to the earth after flying as high as the highway. We are lying on the couch, he is covering me with all of him. I feel so warm and comfortable near him. When the distance between us near to zero, I feel like I want to stop the time. If only I could.

 

                “I saw you uploaded a photo of thank letter from Versace…”

 

                I am playing with his fingers that covering my body. “And.. what do you think, oppa?”

 

                “I think about how rude you are. I am the one who suggested you to buy those Versace clothes and she only thanked you? Didn’t you tell her that I am your personal advisor?”

 

                “Should I?” I laugh and I can feel he is laughing too because his body behind me is moving.

 

                “I think about bring you to Italy and meet her so that you can personally introduce me as the reason behind your high taste…”

 

                “I have a high taste even before I meet you, oppa…”

 

                “Even higher after you meet me…”

 

                “Oppa…”

 

                “Chaerin-ah…”

 

                GOD.

 

                “You know what oppa, let’s get up now because I want to finish my arrangement for those songs first. It won’t be good if tomorrow morning Yang Sajangnim want to hear it and I have nothing to be presented…”

 

                By that I wake up from the couch, try to look for my clothes which has been spread here and there. Damn! How can I forget about all tiddy things when he is around me, making me.

 

                “Chaerin-ah…” Jiyong oppa calls my name, realizing me that he is still here.

 

                “What’s that oppa?”

 

                “Did you ever love me?”

 

                His sight is blank. I don’t know what’s his purpose by asking a question like that. Do I ever love him? Or should I the one who asking the question?

 

                “Did you ever love me, oppa?”

 

***