05

When Love Come

“Welcome Naeun ah. Come in” Kris mother and little sister greets Naeun.

“This is from Naeun” Kris handed the present that Naeun bought for his family. Naeun bow and step inside the house. She was welcomed by his family as his mother looks happy when she came for dinner.

While they were eating, they talk about several topics until Kris’s little sister suddenly brought up the topic about Kris being worried about him.

“Unni, oppa must love you so much. I remember about two days ago when he could not reach you for entire night. He was so worried that day.” Naeun face expression suddenly changes. She clearly remembers the reason why he couldn’t reach her. Myungsoo.

“Ah..I’m sorry for making all of you worried. I slept very early that night as I have to be out stationed the next day. I didn’t realize the battery had gone dead. I’m really sorry for that day.” She turns to Kris and apologizes. Kris smile and nodded.

“It’s fine.” He said and slowly pats on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s already pass anyway. Let’s continue eating.” Kris’s mother said and pours her a drink. Suddenly, her phone ring and she saw that it was from Myungsoo. She let it ring and put it inside her bag.

“It’s fine, you can answer.” Kris said and ask her to answer.

“It’s my ex-classmate from universities. I can call her later.” She forces a smile.

“It’s alright, go ahead.” His mother assures her and she don’t have another choice but to answer the call.

“Please excuse me then.” She smile as she excuse herself to the outside to answer the call.

“Hello.”

“It’s me. Where are you now?” She heard his voice.

“I’m at my boyfriend’s place.” She answered it coldly.

“I see. A good day huh?”

“Yes, it’s a good day. So please don’t get the wrong idea just because we’ve slept together once.” She hung up after she said what she wanted to say. She then return to the kitchen to continue having dinner with Kris’s family.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Eunji and Suho were walking side by side to Eunji’s apartment after they finish their dinner. Today, it was just the two of them as Suho insist that he wanted to try to have a date with her.

“Suho-shi, you can just see me off here. Thank you for today.” Eunji said as they were only a few blocks away from her house.

“Whenever I heard that –shi in the end of my name, I feel like I’m meeting someone from work. I don’t really like that.”

“Is that so? Then, what should I call you?”

“Just call me Suho. No need to add the shi. You should drop the formalities. Or maybe oppa as I’m older than you.” She chuckled when she heard him.

“Suho oppa?” She said it and he laugh a little.

“It sounds nice.”

“I feel shy saying it.” Eunji said it and it was her true feeling.

“You’ll get used to it after a while. Can you say it again?” He asked her to repeat it again.

“Suho oppa, Suho oppa, Suho op..” Her word was cut by Suho’s sudden kiss. Her eyes widen and she had the surprised expression on her face even after he pull away from the kiss.

“You said you won’t kiss someone on the first date. You lied.” She smile as she remember what he said to her earlier today. He smiles as he answered.

“I lie sometimes. To be honest, the day when we first met, the words ‘this is fate’ suddenly pops up in my mind.” He took her hand and holds it as he continue talking.

“I’m speaking the truth right now. I like you, Eunji.” He kissed her again.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“Bomi ah, faster. We don’t want to be late for the game.” Eunji said as she run quickly into the basketball court where Suho team will play. After running for a while, they arrived when the game had already started.

“It’s already started.” Bomi said as they walk past Naeun and her friends at the second floor. Eunji bows a little as they pass them and they exchange smile.

“Is she with the team?” Eunji whispered to Bomi.

“Maybe she’s one of the player’s girlfriends? I don’t like her type.” Bomi said it while looking at the game.

“Why?’ Eunji turn to her, feeling a little confused with her answer.

“Just don’t like something about her.” She answers as she gasped.

“I found it! It was number 5, black uniform.” She point and Eunji saw that it was Kyungsoo.

“I should take a picture of him.” Bomi quickly search for her phone in the bag. Eunji laugh as she look around at the player. Suddenly, she saw a familiar figure.

“It’s that guy! Bomi ah, that’s the guy I always meet at the park.” Bomi ignore her as she found out that her battery dead. She constantly scolds herself for not charging it before.

“I can’t believe I’m meeting him here. That guy is really cool.” She said as they continue watching the game. After few minutes, Kris was given two free shots as the other team commit foul. The first shoot didn’t go well and Eunji feels frustrated as she knows he can do better.

As Kris nervously getting ready at to do the second shoot, suddenly he heard a girl shouting to him when the court fill with silence. It was Eunji. She was standing and shouting at him.

“Yah, number 7! What the hell are you doing? Hesitating and dilly-dallying! Are you stupid or something? I’m sure you can do better than that!”

“Excuse me, you’re disrupting the match.” Naeun walk towards Eunji to remind her.

“What are you scared of when you’re so good and talented? If you’re angry then show me what you can do! You’re definitely good at it! You’re good! You’re great! Do it properly you idiot!” All the audience and the player eyes look at Eunji.  Suho smile at her action as he looks from outside the court. She is surely a brave girl.

“I’m sorry. She doesn’t know the rules of being a supporter. I’m sorry.” Bomi apologize and bow to the other audience for Eunji’s action.

Kris who look at her finally turns and ready to shoot. And he did it!

Eunji smile as he did it. Suddenly what she did before come to her. She looks around and feels embarrassed with what she just did. She quickly excuses herself outside.

“Aish, I must be crazy for doing that. Aish, so embarrassing! Why did I say all that? Paboya!” She said it as she knocks her own head.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

The game ended and Kris’s team finally won the game. After the game finish, he look around at the second floor, searching for the girl who shout at her. He only saw the girl’s friend but the girl wasn’t there.

He went outside to search for the girl but she wasn’t there too. Suddenly, his girlfriend greets him.

“Congratulation. Great work” She smile and praised him.

“Naeun ah, have you seen that person around?” Naeun look at him with a confused face.

“The girl who was yelling.”

“Oh..I think she left in the middle of the match.”

“She left?”

“Do you know her?” Kris shook his head.

“No but it seems like Suho hyung know her. I’ll go look for her for a while.” She look as he leaves her alone.

On the other hand, Eunji was standing at the park near the match were held. Her phone rings and it was Suho.

“Hello.”

“Hello. I heard you left.”

“Yeah, sorry about that.” She apologizes as she didn’t even meet him.

“Thank you for giving my player a good scolding.”

“I’m sorry.” She didn’t get to finish what she wanted to say as he cut it with his words.

“No. I mean it. If you didn’t do it, we would be in trouble.”

“Somehow, I just got frustrated.”

“Do you know him?”

“No, I don’t exactly know him. I guess he lives in my neighbourhood. We see each other sometimes.” She explained and then they continue talking about other things.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Eunji was picking the laundry in her room when she heard a familiar sound outside. It was the sound of basketball being played. She looks outside her room and saw Kris was playing at the court. She then makes up her mind and went to the park.

“I’m sorry I yelled at you just now.” She said it while bowing when Kris turns to look at her.

‘But I meant what I sai..” Her words cut by Kris’s question.

‘Why did you leave halfway?”

“I couldn’t stand the looks that people were giving me.”

“I was having a harder time.” Kris said as he walks nearing her.

“That’s true. I’m sorry.” Kris look at her for a while then answered it.

“But, I have to thank you. I’m grateful to you. It gave me courage.” She smiles when she heard his words.

“And you should at least finish watching the match after yelling at me. I even scored many point.” He said as he shoots the ball. He then turns to her and tell her to come again.

“Come and watch when the regular season starts. Since I feel that I’m stronger when you’re watching. And because I’ll be called idiot if I don’t do well.” She laugh a little when she heard it.

“I won’t do that again.” He chuckled at her answer.

“Okay. I’ll go and support you since I’m your fan.” She smile and her eye smiling was showing.

“A scary fan though.” Kris smiles as he .

“That’s the love of a fan.” She laughs and sits at the bench. Kris sits at the bench next to her. They chat about the match for almost half an hour.

“Not practising your singing today?” He asked her while look at the big board in front of the court.

“No. I’ll practice tomorrow.” She smiles as she looks at her watch. Bomi should be home now.

“I’m off first then.” She stands up and smiles as she walks to leave. She then stop and turn to him again.

“Hey, tell me your name, so I can use it when I yell at you next time.” Kris laughed before he answered.

“Wu Yifan. You can just called me Kris.”

“Ah..I’m Jung Eunji. How old are you?”

“I’m 25.”

“So we’re the same age. I’ll see you again soon, Kris-shi” Kris smile and nod.

“Bye, Eunji-shi.” Eunji smile and start to walks again, leaving Kris behind. Kris looks as she leave and wave at her when she turns to wave. 

 

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Updated! Hope you like it. :)

Let's just pretend Suho is older than them in this story. :)

Don't forget to leave a comment. ^^

Thanks for reading and subscribing!