02

When Love Come

It was a very good morning. It was the day where Kris will meet his management company of their basketball team to discuss about next year salary and contract. Suddenly, he was stopped by a truck driver, asking for a direction which he gladly told him. It seems that the driver is asking a direction to the apartment near the basketball court he in his area. After telling the right direction, he then leaves.

“I’m sorry, it’s seems that we’re in a wrong direction.” The truck driver told Eunji and Bomi after asking some people. Eunji smile and answered.

“It’s okay ahjusshi.” The truck driver smile as a sign of relief, he was worried if he’ll be scolded before.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“Eh? It’s lower than this year?” 

Kris asks when he saw the agreement in front of him which state that his salary is getting lower. The head management and his couch nodded and one of them answers.

“It’s slightly lower than this year. As you know, the company is not doing very well either. We’ll understand if you’re going to look to another company offer. You could go somewhere else if you’re not satisfied.”

Kris looks at the contract with a heavy heart. He love the team, plus Naeun is there in the company and team too. However, the salary is lower than he usually got. After thinking for a little while, he then agrees with it. Its look like he’ll have to reconsider his thought of getting married with Naeun for now.

He sighs as he left the room. As he walks, he saw Naeun waiting for him at the lobby.

“Hey, are you okay?” She asked him while holding his hand. He then told her everything. At the end, they sit at some bench at the park near the company.

“It’s alright. It’s not like we can’t get married after all.” Naeun tried to console Kris.

“I’m sorry. I’ll make sure I got my financial stable and after I reach my dream to be the best player, I’ll marry you.” Kris put his hand on top of Naeun hands. She smiles as she nodded.

After Kris left, she head back to the office when she suddenly bump into a guy. It was cold guy and he was eyeing her up and down after they bump. She bow a little and leave the guy.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“Naeun ah, thank you for being considerate. I’m currently heading home. I hope you’ll have a wonderful day. Love you. - Kris”

Naeun put back her phone after she read the message.

‘He could just said it before, why need to send a message?’ Naeun sighs and sit down at the chair in the office.

To be honest, she was a little disappointed when he said she’ll have to wait a little bit longer for him. It was not only that. She actually kind of tired with all his dreams. He wants to be a best player but she never seen it coming in any time soon.

He was too naïve for her. Why should he have a dream that he might not be able to get anyway? He should just be happy with what he has right now. Right. It must be because he was the so-called good guy in the team. She sigh again for the second time.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“Our team had won this season. I hope we can meet again soon. – Suho”

“Aww..Eunji ah, you should be happy when someone likes him trying to hit on you.” Bomi giggled when she read the message on Eunji’s phone.

“Yoon Bomi, he is not trying to hit on me. And please help me here. It’s heavy.” Eunji was struggling to move the table into the kitchen and trying to get Bomi’s help. Bomi came and help her after showing her interest in Eunji and Suho growing relationship.

After a few hours, they finished cleaning their new house and unpack all of their stuff. They only need to rearrange the table and, finish!

“Wow, that was so fast. We managed to clean up before night.” Eunji rest herself at the couch. Luckily they don’t have too much stuff to unpack.

“Eunji ah, don’t you think Suho is trying to hit on you?” Bomi asked her again the same question which she was already tired of hearing. She shot her a glare and Bomi pretended she doesn’t see it while taking a seat next to her.

“For god sake Bomi, please stop asking me that question. Why? You like him?”

“Yah. I don’t like guys who like my best friend okay?” Eunji laugh at her expression.

“Arasso. So stop questioning about him.”

“I can’t help but ask. He clearly is showing interest on you. Why don’t you seduce him?”

“No, no and no.” Bomi chuckled when she heard Eunji’s answer.

“It’s been like forever you haven’t date any guys, Eunji.”

“Said the one who doesn’t have any boyfriend since kids.” Bomi grin when Eunji .

“It’s because I have a condition in dating. Not because no one is interested on me.” She pouted and Eunji pinch her cheek.

“Aigu, my cute best friend. Yeah, I’ll pretend that I believe what you have said, okay? Keke.” Bomi laugh and hit Eunji’s shoulder playfully.

“I can’t win you.” Eunji laugh. Yeah, Bomi would never stand her tease. Keke

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“Never mind I’ll find, someone like you~ I wish nothing but the best for you~ huuu”

She was singing with all her heart at the court near her apartment. It feels good to sing under the moonlight and at open space area. It feels like she was standing on the stage.

Suddenly, she heard a clap. She turns and saw a guy standing at the entrance to the basketball court. She slightly bows and then she saw the guy was holding a basketball. She then realize that the guy come to use the court.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize. Go on, I’m going back anyway.” She smiles as she moved to the bench to get her bags.

“It’s alright.” He smile and put his bag down then start playing with the ball. She was about to leave but then she stop again to watch him playing for a while. She was amaze at how good he was playing and the way he shoot the ball. Without realizing it, she clapped when he shoot the ball. He turns to her and she smile awkwardly.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t realize I was clapping. You’re so good with that. You play with a very beautiful form and rhythm. This is the first time I’ve ever looked at a guy and found him beautiful. Somehow I’ve respect for you.” She smiles as she said it. It was sincerely from her heart. He bows a little, showing his thank.

After looking at his face clearly, she feels like she had seen him somewhere before.

“Have we met somewhere before?” The guys look carefully at him then finally answer.

“Nope. I don’t think we’ve meet before.”

“Oh..I see.” She nodded.

“Ah.. I’m sorry for saying so much even I don’t know anything about basketball. I’m sorry for interrupting.” She smile and started to leave.

“Hey..Thank you for praising me.. I’m happy. Well, rather than saying I’m happy, I gain courage, thank you.” The guy smile sincerely at her.

“Don’t mention it. I was happy too.” She smile at him.

“Eh?”

“You applause just now when I sang. Hey, are you a basketball player?” She walks towards him and stand in front of him.

“Yeah, I guess, but it’s terrible. The pay is low, and I don’t have any fan.” He smile gently as he explain.

“Really?”

“Things just don’t go well all the time.”

“I see.” Eunji nod. After a silent moment, suddenly she step forward and put her right hand on his shoulder. The guys seem taken aback but let her.

“Well, it’s not easy. But let’s work hard. I’ll become your first fan. Your number one fan.” She smiled, showing her eye smile.

“Hwaiting!” She cheers then leave the guys dumbfounded.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“What’s this fans thing about?” Kris looks as the girls leave. He then chuckled when he remember what she said. Anyway, she gives him a new spirit to success with her compliment. He smile and continue playing.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“I’m home.”

“Welcome home.”

“Eunji ah, don’t tell me you went out without makeup?” Bomi ask her when she came into their house.

“Yeah.”

“Yah. the air outside is bad for your skin at night.” Eunji who just open her bedroom door stop when she heard Bomi’s word.

“Ah, is that right? Oh, by the way, I talked to a guy without any make up on.” After saying it, she closed the bedroom door. Bomi look at her bedroom door with a confused look.

“Ah, molla.”