Rejection

The Bond of Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye’s POV


 

They say that marriage should happen between a man and a woman who are truly in love with each other. When I was just a child, I dreamed of getting married to man of my life. My ideal wedding is one of those that are celebrated in spring time. A beach wedding in Jeju. But those remain as a dream. In this present time the ‘Cinderella’ that I used to be vanish the moment reality strikes almost five years ago. The one who tainted my ideas and visions of a perfect wedding and marriage is the man named Jung Yong Hwa.

Right here, right now in the four corners of the hospital room where our daughter lays soundly with IV drip in her left hand, he had the courage to ask me a heart wrenching question “Will you marry me this time around?” I wouldn’t be delusional; he told me that it’s a form of ‘help’ that I can do to save him from the heiress that his family arranged for him. He might be the wealthiest businessman in Seoul but his common sense is a bit impaired. How can he ask me such question?


 

“Yong Hwa, it’s not the time for you to say nonsense. Hana is sick right now.”

“But I am not kidding you. I am serious. I really need your help in this matter. It wouldn’t be that hard because we have Hana between us.”

“You asked me the same question years ago. My answer is still the same.”


 

She clearly heard me and his face turned sad and worried. Despite being busy and stressed, Jung Yong Hwa is a sight to behold. With his neat and perfect Armani suit plus his manly Chanel no. 28 scent, who wouldn’t fall for a man like him. Maybe I am really a fool or just plain stupid.


 

“I am sorry Shin Hye. I shouldn’t ask anyway.”


 

The awkward silence lingers in the air as we stare at our sick daughter. Seeing Hana like this makes me think if I am doing the right thing. He asked me again but I refused. Am I being selfish? I know that Hana will be overly glad if ever I will agree to Yong Hwa’s proposal.


 

“I can notice that Hana loses weight. I hope she will be okay soon.”

“The doctor told me that she needs to stay for a while here. I know she will be fine soon because my Hana is a strong girl. Thank you for immediately coming here, Yong. I am so nervous when Hana and I arrived at the emergency room. I thought I will lose her…”

“I won’t happen Shin Hye. Hana will always be healthy. Remember when she was just two months old, he had pneumonia that time and among the babies in the infant section, she recovered the fastest.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter