Hana's Question and the fateful night

The Bond of Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye's POV (Present Time)

 

They say that being a mother is one of the toughest job on earth. And I agree, being a mom is not something I expected but I never regret being one. It is really challenging for me to raise my child as a single mom though Yong Hwa never fails to be a 'Father' to Hana. There are times I wonder how will it be if we have a complete family. But its almost a long time ago that I accept that some things and relationships are not meant to be and Hana feels the consequences of the so-called 'broken family'. It is easy for other people to judge me but as long as I have my family beside me, I am strong or I must say, I have to be strong for my daughter who always look at me like I am the best woman in the world. I don't want to disappoint her but there are instances that I cannot avoid. She constantly asking me and Yong Hwa if we love her. She's still in her cheerful and lovely self but she's an observant when it comes to people around her. 

One time her teacher asked me to come to school because Hana refused to eat her snack and she's just crying in the corner. Something is wrong with my child by just looking at her. When I approached Hana, she sobbed uncontrollably in my arms and hugged me as if she doesn't want to let go.

 

 

"My classmates told me that my Daddy Yong Hwa is not my real Daddy because we are not together with him in the big house. Mommy is that true? Daddy Yong Hwa is not my daddy?"

"Hana, listen to me... You are our darling baby and your Daddy Yong Hwa is your real Daddy. Don't listen to them when they tell you something bad about your daddy."

 

Seeing her crying in front of me makes me feel guilty. That time, all I want to do is to take away the pain and tears in her eyes. She doesn't deserve to feel that way.She's very young and innocent. I know my love for her as a Mother is not enough. I feel inadequate. Is it my fault? Am I too selfish in my decision? What if that fateful night didn't happened four and a half years ago? But all of these are part of the past. After the incident, Hana became a little distant to her daddy. At first Yong Hwa interpret it as one of Hana's bad mood days but later on, he's very worried. One friday afternoon when Yong Hwa fetched her in school, he noticed that Hana is quiet and sad. The moment they arrived at his office, he was about to carry Hana but she refused and when his daddy reached for her hand, she doesn't want either. She pleaded that she wanted to go home. By the word 'home', it means the place where Hana and I lived.

 

"Hana, your mommy is not yet there. And uncle Min Hyuk have some toys for you. I promise that when your Mommy call me, I will send you home. Baby, don't you miss daddy?"

"I want Mommy!"

"Hana what's wrong? Are you not feeling well? Isn't it that today is friday? Do you want to visit Auntie Chae Won in her restaurant and we can eat ice cream together."

"I don't want."

"Baby, you are making me worried. Why are you crying? Are you mad at Daddy? Did something happened between you and your mommy?"

"Is my name Jung Hana or Park Hana? My classmates told me that you are not my daddy."

"Baby, you are my one and only Jung Hana. And to assure you, I am your one and only Daddy."

"Mommy say the same too. But I am scared that if I am not your baby, you will not love me anymore."

"Hana, right now there are things you cannot understand but I want to tell you that your Mommy and I love you so much. You are our little princess, right?"

"I... I love you Daddy. Sorry if I am always bad to you. I make you cry now."

"I love you too Hana. Always remember that. Stop crying now. I don't want to see my little princess crying."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter