Bumping into people

The Choice

1. Bumping into people

 

                The bell was ringing. First years were rushing out to the board where names and classes were listed. Second years were waiting patiently behind, enjoying the adrenaline rush coming from the first years in finding their classrooms as quickly as possible in this huge college.

                Second years were finally approaching the board when whispers were heard. People turned their backs, and with wide eyes and their mouths agape they made room for the 6 handsome guys who were making their way through the crowd of students. Even though they were only second year students, they were the Kingkas of this school as nobody could be more good looking or clever than them.

                However a single student didn’t let them go as far as the board as he was standing in front of it, fully concentrated. A tall and slender man with gold hair and bronze skin was trying to decipher the board in another language that he was muttering. The 6 Kingkas were all looking at him, some with amusement and others with annoyance evident on their faces. The man’s face finally lit up, probably seeing his name in the list, and turned back with the same insouciance and adrenaline rush of a first year, only to run into the blonde man who was standing right behind him. A dead silence filled the hall. The look on the blonde’s face became frightening. His 5 other friends who stood next to him were having a hard time in holding back their laughter.

                “Who are you?” asked the blonde to the boy, in a harsh tone.

                The other took a few steps back and lifted his head before he responded.

                “I-I am Huang Zitao…” he said in a broken accent.                                                 

                ”Well listen here, first year Huang Zitao…” Zitao frowned “You and I aren’t on the same level. I hope you understand it and that you won’t bother us again.”

                The blonde one passed by, pushing Zitao on the side, and he and his friends went to the board.

                “It that I’m the only one of our group in my class…” the blonde said to his friends after they left the board for their classrooms.

                “I’m lucky, I’m with our Suho!” another one said, smiling and putting his arm around the latter.

                “I think I’ll stand for class representatives, what do you guys think?” said man asked.

                “Of course, you’ll be awesome!” a tanned man exclaimed.

                “It’s your vocation” added a boy with no expression.

                “Do better than Kris please!” the last one laughed.

                “Hey! I’ll be a fantastic class representative! And my class will be way better than yours!” Kris shouted a little offended.

                “Yeah sure, but you won’t be alone like you think…” the last one whispered to himself, smirking.

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

=> Back to when Zitao was pushed in the crowd

 

                “Hey, are you ok?” asked the boy who Zitao bumped into.

                “Oh? Yes I’m sorry…” responded Zitao and bowed.

                “You look too old for a first year, in which year are you?”

                “In second year”

                “I’ve never seen you around, are you new here?” the boy continued to ask, curious.

                “Yes, I’m transferred from China, I’m on scholarship” Zitao said.

                “Oh, you’re Chinese? Some of my friends are Chinese too! Follow me, I’ll introduce you to them” the boy smiled.

                “Well, okay” Zitao replied, thinking that this guy may become his first friend in this school.

                The boy led him away from the other students who started whispering again until they both were in an empty hallway. Only 4 boys were sitting on a bench, doing different activities. One with big eyes and plump lips was reading a book while 2 pretty boys were chatting and the last one was on his smartphone.

                “Hey guys, look who I found in the corridor!” The boy who took Zitao questioned his friends.

                The boy with big eyes raised his head and looked at Zitao.

                “Who is it Minseok?”

                “He’s new here, his name is Zitao!” he said happily.

                “Zitao?” A pretty boy with curly caramel-like hair quickly approached Zitao and studied him “It’s Chinese isn’t it?”

                “Yes it is” Zitao answered, confused by the sudden outburst of this boy.

                “That’s cool!” he shouted. “My name’s Luhan, I’m Chinese too! And this boy over here, Yixing, is too!” he said, pointing to the boy with light brown hair who was on his phone.

                “Hi!” the latter greeted, showing a dimple.

                “Hi!” Zitao waved to the boy.

                “Nice to meet you, I’m Kyungsoo” the one with his book said.

                “Hey, I’m Baekhyun” the other pretty male who was talking to Luhan spoke.

                “Nice to meet you all! In which classes are you guys in?” Zitao asked.

                “Oh yeah, I guess we can go see the board, they shouldn’t be here anymore!” Luhan exclaimed.

                “Who are “they”?” Zitao inquired.

                “Nobody, let’s go!” Minseok answered, cutting short the conversation.

                As they were walking down the hallway, Baekhyun started a conversation.

                “Zitao, did you know that our Minseok here can speak Chinese?”

                “No, really?!” Zitao turned to him, surprised.

                “Well, it’s just that part of my family is in China so I learned… You can call me Xiumin if you want. It became my nickname as Yixing only calls me Xiumin, he finds it easier to pronounce” Minseok chuckled.

                “Okay Xiumin, thanks” Zitao smiled.

                “Look guys, we’re here already” Kyungsoo informed them, pointing to the board.

                The guys took a look at the board.

 

                Class 2-A: Huang Zitao, Kim Minseok, Wu Yifan, Xi Luhan, …

                Class 2-B: Byun Baekhyun, Kim Junmyeon, Park Chanyeol, Zhang Yixing, …

                Class 2-C: Do Kyungsoo, Kim Jongdae, Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun, …

 

                “Well, well, well… Yes! I’m with Minseok and Zitao!” Luhan exclaimed and had a huge smile.

                “Come here Yixing!” Baekhyun said happily, hugging the smiling Yixing.

                “Oh no…” Kyungsoo sighed and dropped his head.

                Minseok turned to look at Kyungsoo, then back at the list and understood the situation he was in.

                “Don’t worry, we’ll still see each other at lunch and after school!” Minseok tried to comfort the sad boy.

                “You don’t get it right! Not only I’m alone but did you see the other names?” asked Kyungsoo with big round eyes, on the verge of panicking.

                “Calm down Kyungsoo, maybe they won’t acknowledge you and you’ll be okay” said Baekhyun trying to calm him down by posing his hands on his shoulders and rubbing a little.

                “What’s happening?” piped up Zitao.

                “He has 3 Kingkas of this school in his class…” Yixing explained, empathizing for Kyungsoo.

                “And? Aren’t they kind?” Zitao questioned.

                “Kind? You must be kidding right? They’ll never be kind. They’re always making fun of our Kyungsoo because he had done his coming out… I hope you aren’t an homophobe” Luhan said, his eyes hardening at the end of his speech.

                “What? No, of course not…” ‘So they are making fun of Kyungsoo… And I thought they were kind…’ Zitao thought to himself. ”Wait, how many Kingkas are there?”

                “There are 6. Be careful when you see them, your first encounter with them wasn’t one of the best…” Minseok informed.

                “So they are those who spoke to me earlier?” Zitao asked, realizing by now that yes, he should take precautions with the Kingkas.

                “They’re jerks, don’t go near them” warned Baekhyun with a grimace.

                “Okay well let’s go it’s time!” said Zitao, troubled by what he had just heard.

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

               In the meanwhile, Kris was walking alone to his classroom when he heard some girls whispering. He slowed his pace to listen to their discussion. Nevertheless he was surprised that they weren’t talking about him like any other girl any other day. He hid behind a wall as soon as he saw one to overhear their conversation.

                “Did you saw the new kid?” the first girl asked “I heard he was transferred from China that must be why he didn’t budge when the Kingkas were here! He doesn’t know them! He’s so cute!”

                “He’s in his second year. Did you saw his eye bags? It makes him look fierce and cute at the same time! I already love him!” the second one added.

                “He’s also handsome! He practices wushu from what I’ve heard, I guess he has a nice body! He has the potential to be a Kingka!” the third giggled.

                “Almost as gorgeous as Kris!” the first spoke up.

                “Almost? I think with his cuteness and his gorgeousness he’s way better than Kris! He could be the new boss of the Kingkas!” the second girl argued.

                Kris froze. Nobody should be the boss excepted him. He must think of a plan, now, before Zitao realizes that he can take his place of leading the whole school. Kris resumed walking to his classroom, letting the girls arguing over who has the nicest abs, thinking deeply. He stopped in front of the door and smirked, a scheme forming in his mind.

                “You’ll stay in my shadow, Huang Zitao…” he muttered just before opening the door separating him from his classroom.

 

--

 

A/N : Hi guys! Here's the first chapter! I'm so happy right now!

I would like to thanks my beta, and the people who commented and/or suscribed and this upvote from chayok! *-*

I hope you aren't disappointed with this chapter, this is my first fic and I will do better on the next chapters! Give some credit to this story please, this isn't the only plot! ^^

Anyways, the second chapter will be out probably (90% of chance?) during January.

One more time, I love you guys! Thanks for suscribing, commenting and upvoting~!