Slapped

It's Just A Crush

Eunji’s POV

I sat down on my seat, utterly exhausted.

 

 

How in the world did that douche manage to convince the entire school he’s this nice dude? Oh right, he has his face.

 

 

Want to know why I’m so exhausted?

 

 

Cuz pretty boy over there decided that he didn’t need to help in the project. Naturally, I ended up doing it. Yep, I slept at like 4 yesterd-

 

 

Wait. I slept at 4 this morning. Yep, got that right, 2 freaking hours of sleep and I had to get up. Was that even sleep? More like a damned nap.

 

 

I’m about 99% sure my hair is in a total mess and my eyes are like, half-closed.  My mind drifted back to the near kiss we had the other day, but heck, seriously, I’m too tired to even freaking blush.

 

 

“Woah, Eunji, you look like a zombie. What in the world happened?” Sooyoung gasped from her seat in front of me. I only recognized her from her voice, because my eyes were not even fully opened. I shook my head sleepily at her, too tired to talk.

 

 

Just then, the door slammed open. And lo and behold, it’s the prince of the entire freaking universe. Should I bother to glare at him? Nah, I’ll just take a nice ten-minute nap.

 

 

I lowered my head down, ready to knock out on my desk, but of course, my teacher has great timing.

 

 

“Good morning class, hope you had an eventful weekend! I’m sure all of you have finished the project as well?” He smiled.

 

 

I nearly sobbed.

 

 

Kill me now.

 

 

BREAK TIME

Honestly, I have no idea how I managed to get through class, my mind felt like little disfigured butterflies that were crawling on the ground covered in glue or something.

 

 

Sooyoung had to go meet the Literature teacher, because, um…how do I put this. She…um…got caught making out in the corridor during lesson time with some guy and got caught.

 

 

I just decided to stay in class, because I couldn’t give a single for anything, really. I just wanted to get some well-needed sleep.

 

 

Of course, I had no luck. This really familiar girl strutted in the class and yanked my hair so that I was sitting up again. What the fu-

 

 

I gazed up sleepily at her. She looked utterly pissed.

 

 

“, you dared to ask Myungsoo oppa to go to your house? Do you have no sense of shame? Stop around with him!” She spat at me.

 

 

Hold up. What? Did I hear her right?

 

 

“Huh, what are you-“ I mumbled, mind clearly still in dreamland.

 

 

“Oh, you know what I’m talking about, I’m warning you , stay away from him, don’t even talk to him during class!”

 

 

One thing in my mind right now: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

 

 

Oh wait. Oh wait. She’s Park Borong. That girl in the canteen. Is she even serious. Did she just call me a . What did I even do?

 

 

I looked up at her, a little more awake now. “Okay, look, I don’t know what’s your problem, but seriously? It was for a project, isn’t that a perfectly fine reason to meet up for?” I stated, really getting annoyed from this girl’s attitude.

 

 

She glared at me. And guess what she did next.

 

 

She raised her hand and brought it down right next to my left cheek, leaving a red palm print and making a loud ‘smack’ sound.

 

 

“WHAT THE FU-“ I was interrupted by a figure looming over the freakingannoyingandireallydon’tgetwhat’sherproblem .

 

 

Isn’t that the L dude?

 

 

Holy , it is.

 

 

I half-expected him to tell Borong off. But no, he just went to sit down. I couldn’t help but feel slightly disappointed, although it was really none of his business.

 

 

Borong, seeing that he acted like he didn’t give two s for me, smirked victoriously at my direction and walked over to him.

 

 

“Oppa, how are you? I really missed not talking to you, you know? Did you miss me too?” She said in this disgusting aegyo voice.

 

 

Is she trying to act cute?

 

 

Hearing her words caused this twinge in me that I couldn’t recognize. It just…didn’t feel good. Seeing L not even caring about her slapping me simply added on to the uncomfortable feeling.

 

 

Swallowing hard, I stormed out of the classroom to the toilet and washing my face repeatedly, trying to clear the thoughts in my head. Get a grip, Eunji, don’t let her get to you.

 

 

Sighing, I went back to the classroom, sitting down on my seat next to L, right as the teacher walked in.

 

 

Halfway through class, a crushed up ball of paper landed right on top of my notes. I glanced to my left, at L, giving him a puzzled look. He ignored me, so I opened up the paper.

 

 

Three words.

 

 

Did it hurt?

 

 

Huh. What hurt.

 

 

Then it hit me. The slap.

 

 

He did see it. And he only asked me like, thirty minutes later.

 

 

Seriously?

 

 

I could feel my blood boiling and I scoffed inwardly.

 

 

Don’t try to pretend you care when you obviously don’t. I scribbled the words messily on the paper.

 

 

When the bell rang, I tossed it back to him, before grabbing my bag and books and leaving the classroom.

 

 

[Author’s Note]

Hello guys! New chapter is uuuuuup :D Thank you to all who have commented and subscribed ^^ Also, special thanks to rebeyoum who upvoted this story! Thank you <3 To all new readers, please please pleaaaaaase comment on what you think and subscribe!!!! Would really appreciate it ^^ Love y’all, peace out! <3