Locked in

It's Just A Crush

Eunji’s POV

“Ayeee Eun!! Welc-OHMYGOD WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ANKLE?” Sae Ji shrieked, seeing the bandage around my ankle. Her face contorted and she ran towards me, fussing over me like I was some kid.

 

 

Not that I was complaining though, Sae Ji’s only 3 years older than me, but sometimes she acts like she’s my mother and she always looks out for me. I chuckled softly as Sae Ji clucked her tongue and chewed me out for not being careful during camp.

 

 

“It’s fine sis, it doesn’t even hurt!” I tell her, nudging her back. Sae Ji frowned at me, before continuing her lecture about how I shouldn’t break all of my bones before I even reach 21 and how my future boyfriend wouldn’t like it if he had to take care of me everyday.

 

 

Pffffft.

 

 

Then my mind drifted off to L and how my heart always did flips around him.

 

 

What if he were my boyfriend? He would certainly make a very nice-

 

 

Oh my god. I did not just think that.

 

 

Nah. It’s just a simple crush. I’m not that smitten into him.

 

 

While I had an internal battle with myself, my sister had finished her rambling and helped me to bring my suitcase back to my room.

 

 

I sat on my bed, thinking hard. Nah, I can’t possibly experience love so quickly. I barely know him.

 

-

 

Seeing Borong’s ultra pissed-off face back at school was great. Not being mean but, that witch twisted my ankle and left me alone in the woods. Needless to say, I really hate her.

 

 

“Do Eun Ji.” She spat at me, glaring with those menacing eyes of hers. “How many times do I have to freaking tell you? Stay away from him!” She shrieked, throwing her arms up in the air.

 

 

What a dramaqueen.

 

 

I really couldn’t be bothered by this point, so I just rolled my eyes and walked to my classroom. I could almost feel Borong’s glare digging into my back.

 

 

When I plonked down onto my seat, Myungsoo and I shared a small smile. Gosh, his messy hair is so cute- DO EUNJI SHUT UP.

 

-

 

It was a long day, definitely. By the time school ended, I was utterly exhausted. Mid year exams were coming up soon, so I decided to stay back in school to do some extra studying. Sooyoung left first and Myungsoo went off somewhere as well with the Infinite gang, so I was left in the empty classroom.

 

 

I was listening to my plugged in earphones and doing some math when suddenly there was a loud bang outside. I jumped up in shock, nearly falling over my chair.

 

 

I was really curious by this point, so naturally, I went to see what was it.

 

 

Big mistake.

 

 

I didn’t even get to think for a second when I stepped out of the classroom and somebody clamped down shut on my mouth using their hands. I was knocked off my feet and the person dragged me away.

 

 

Oh what the heck is this.

 

 

I tried to regain my balance but the person muttered, “,” before I smelled something horrible and then it was all black.

 

 

-

 

When I woke up, I was in this really dark and musty place that smelled absolutely horrible. I tried hard not to gag as I adjusted to my surroundings.

 

 

Mops, brooms, cleaning agents- OH.

 

 

Janitor’s closet.

 

 

Why the heck would I be- then I saw Park Borong, that witch, right in front of me. She was just calmly playing with her phone when she saw me and she smirked.

 

 

That was when I realized my hands were tied and I was practically lying on the floor. I tried to adjust my position but it was still uncomfortable so I ended up just glaring at Borong.

 

 

“Oh, honey, you’re awake. I’m glad.” She drawled, lazily placing her phone down. “Now, tell me, did you learn your lesson?” Then she paused and cackled, “Of course not! That’s why you’re here.”

 

 

I glared at her and simply said, “Stop being childish and let me go.” She seemed enraged at my composed answer and in that second, she shot forward and brought her hand across my right cheek, hard.

 

 

My head whipped to the left and I tried hard not to let my fury show.

 

 

I was about to retort back with a witty answer but she suddenly lashed out at me with a bucket in her hands and I couldn’t do anything as cold liquid poured on me.

 

 

She gave me a victorious look and smirked, “Now you’re all clean.”

 

 

That WITCH. She poured DETERGENT on me? I clenched my fists  tightly and tried not to let tears fall.

 

 

Never in my life had I been bullied. Never. I always stayed in the shadows and was considered average in everything, so I didn’t have a reason to be singled out by the popular bunch and whatnot.

 

 

“Remember this day and I’ll say it one last time. Stay AWAY from Kim Myungsoo. He’s mine.” She whispered in my ear, before she brushed past me and walked out, before I heard a resounding click.

 

 

I’m stuck.

 

 

I tried to sit up as I felt the sticky liquid drip down my face, soaking my entire uniform. I shivered as the cold liquid made my uniform cling onto my skin and I wiggled my way out of the ropes that held my hands together at my back.

 

 

I stood up shakily, stumbling my way towards the door and tried to turn the knob. Of course, it didn’t work. I tried to knock against the door but no one seemed to hear me. I slid down onto the floor, defeated.

 

 

Then I couldn’t handle it and I started sobbing, tears running down my face like there’s no tomorrow.

 

 

What did I do to deserve this?

 

 

I felt sick as I tried to wrap my arms around myself, shivering from the cold. My throat felt sore from crying and I felt sick in my stomach. My head was light and I couldn’t seem to stop shaking.

 

 

I rummaged through my bag for my phone and pulled it out, scrolling through my contacts and pressing a number that I had wished do fervently would come.

 

 

“Hello? Can you…can you come to the janitor’s-janitor’s room?” I say hesitantly, my voice breaking halfway.

 

 

Then my mind completely blanked out and my hand with my phone hovered in the air for a few moments before it dropped to the ground, along with my head and body.

 

 

I don’t remember anything else.