Staring Game

It's Just A Crush

[A/N: I had lots of fun writing this chapter hehheuehuehuehueheueh, have fun readinggggg]

 

 

 “Mum! I’m home! I’ll be in my room with my friend doing my project!” I yelled at the kitchen before smiling at L, who had his signature blank stare on his face again, and going to the stairs to go up to my room. Thank god she doesn’t know it’s a guy or she’ll completely flip out at me.

 

 

I started to climb up the stairs, half-sprinting up as I really didn’t want to see my sister or my mother right now. I still remember the other time I brought over a guy for a project last year and my mother and sister completely freaked the dude out…

 

 

ONE YEAR AGO

I swear we were just conversing in my room like normal people and my sister just barged in like nobody’s business.

 

 

“Eunji! Did you see m-oh my god.” My sister’s jaw dropped. “Holy Eunji is he your boyfriend? I knew my sister was going to get in a relationship soon! What’s your name? Do you like Eunji? How long have you two been dating?” was literally like a machinegun, I have to say that the guy’s face didn’t look too pleased at all.

 

 

I still remember the burn in my cheeks and the dude’s face had ‘HORROR’ written all over it. As if things couldn’t get any worse, my mother had to walk past my room at that perfect timing. “EUNJI! YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND! I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW YOU HAVE GUY FRIENDS! I’M SO GLAD YOU’RE SOCIALISING HONEY! WHY, DO YOU LIKE EUNJI VERY MUCH? SHE CAN BE TALKATIVE AT TIMES BUT REALLY, SHE’S SWEET ON THE INSIDE! SO GIVE HER A CHANCE!” I swear, my mom’s lips couldn’t have had stretched into a wider smile.

 

 

Needless to say, the guy wasn’t very impressed and I can sort of vaguely remember him never talking to me again the entire of last year after that incident.

 

 

NOW

I think I was too caught up in my memories of something, because the next thing I knew, my right foot slipped on the next step, and I completely just lost my balance and FREAKING FELL BACKWARDS.

 

 

Okay, so this is how I die. I have to say, I love you mom and dad. And as annoying and boy-crazy as you are, my dear sister, I love you a lot. Shoutout to all my previous friends back at Busan and Sooyoung, you very nice and friendly people, I really appreciate y’all being my friends. I would like to thank-

 

 

My thought process was interrupted by L, who had caught me in his arms and was staring at my face with wide eyes. He had caught me when I was falling and there I lay, in his arms, looking awkwardly up at him. Our faces were only inches apart, and our lips were this close to touching.

 

 

Holy crap, he is one good-looking boy.

 

 

Ba-dump. Ba-dump. My heart was just beating, like it would never stop in a million years.

 

 

I gazed up at his eyes again, and they were still exactly the same, dark coloured, mysterious and so intriguing. And his lips, which were so freaking close. Oh god.

 

 

I swallowed slowly, not knowing what to do. It was as if my legs were like jelly! For goodness sakes, my mind couldn’t process a single oh my gosh!

 

 

“Eunji, you know I saw another g-“My sister was cut off when she saw me in his arms, both of us standing on the steps gazing at each other. “Am I dreaming? Holy did I interrupt something? Oh gosh nonononononononononono I DIDN’T WALK PAST OKAY! CONTINUE WHAT YOU WERE DOING! SIS IM SORRY I INTERRUPTED I’M PROUD OF YOU!” Her eyes widened and she walked off, as if nothing happened.

 

 

My cheeks had turned really red by now and I regained my balance, standing up straight on the steps, blushing madly. Did that just happen?

 

 

“Um…my room’s on the second…second floor! Let’s…um…let’s go up!” I stuttered awkwardly and cleared my throat.

 

 

Oh my god I swear we were about to kiss.

 

 

He nodded his head furiously, and did I detect a blush on his cheeks? Nah I must be dreaming, he’s too cold to be blushing.

 

 

When we reached my room, I dumped my bag on the floor and we got started on our project.

 

 

Oh, wait, did I say we? Nope, I meant ME. He just sat on my bed, and I didn’t even tell him he could sit on it! Dude, did you not even bring a freaking laptop?

 

 

Staring at him, he simply stood up and started looking around my room. Oh well I’ll let him be. So I took out my laptop and opened a new document so I could start on the report.

 

“Is this you?” He suddenly asked, making me startled. And my CHILDHOOD PHOTOGRAPH was in his hands!

 

 

“Oh my god NOOOOOOOO! GIVE IT BACK TO ME RIGHT NOW!”  I shrieked, utterly horrified that he was staring at my impossibly huge cheeks I had when I was a baby. Holy I don’t even know what I ate last time, I was so bloody fat. Oh god he’s gonna make fun of me for the rest of my life.

 

 

He chuckled, raising the photo in the air as if teasing me to get it. His face had this grin on it that I’ve never seen on him, ever before. And hey, he looked pretty cute. Wait, he still has the bloody photo. hOh hell no, one does not simply mess with Queen Eunji.

 

 

I jumped up, hands outstretched to try to reach the photograph and we sort of pranced around the room, with me trying to get the photo and him trying to avoid me. He laughed.

 

 

I’ve never heard him laugh before.

 

 

His face had this adorably cute smile plastered on it, and his eyes curled up in such a cute way when he smiled. Wait, did I just describe him as adorable oh my god.

 

 

Part of me was shocked too, that the supposed ice prince L was joking around with me in my room when we were supposed to do a project. Maybe he does have a heart.

 

 

At that moment, my fingers gripped onto the photograph, and I was determined not to let it go, so I used all my strength to yank it down. I think I might have used too much strength, because he suddenly toppled down and well, I kind of fell backwards. Again.

 

 

We fell onto my bed, with him right on top of me. Our faces were yes, once again, inches apart and I could feel his cool, minty breath. I stared at his eyes and he stared into mine, both of us not making a single move.

 

 

My mind seemed to be frozen. I couldn’t think. It just went blank. It was like a truck hit me and I didn’t even know I was on the road.

 

 

Why must his eyes be so…cute?

 

 

Suddenly, something snapped inside of me and I used my palms to push him off of me. I could see that slight smirk on his face as he got off me and his eyes formed those cute little crescents again.

 

 

No exaggeration, my heart melted.

 

 

“Why, couldn’t stand my handsome face?” He smirked again at me.

 

 

I blushed. AGAIN. DO EUNJI GET A GRIP STAPH BLUSHING.

 

 

Clearing my throat, I blurted, “Well, you were staring at me, so maybe it’s you who couldn’t stand my face!” Ah, . Did I just say that?

 

 

I stared at his shocked expression, as if no one had ever stood up to him before.

 

 

Yep, I bet he hates me.

 

 

Author’s Note

Next chapter’s gonna have some of L’s POV heh. Hope it isn’t too bad hehe. Peace out, love y’all! Don’t forget to susbribe!! 

tumblr_n5zaeheMFB1sx5lxbo1_r3_500.gif