5

December 24

4:00 P.M.


 

 After a peaceful prayer, I ignited the engine of my car to go to my desired destination. The place where the good times and the bad times are stored. The place that molded  me and made me who I am today. My parent’s house.

 

I stepped on the accelerator to speed up and reach there. It's important for me to meet my parents during this time of the year. After all, December is the only month that I am vacant. All work-related things are set aside to celebrate the annual holiday. And this is the only time I have to see my parents, friends, and girlfriend.

 

Roof covered with a white sheet of snow, Christmas lights hanging and twinkling various colors in various patterns, a miniature Christmas tree outside the house. Yup. It's our house. Our old yet grandeur house. And standing near the door are my parents and my older brother.

 

We went inside the house and drank hot chocolate. My mom's drinks and desserts are to die for.

 

We reminisced the fun times we had. The snowball fight, making snow men, creating snow angels. Haha. We were talking about a lot of the past that we didn't keep track of the present. Oh well. Time to say goodbye.

 


 

Mom and dad live far away from me. After I left for the big city, they promised to renovate the old house, I don't know if they really reno...WOW!! It's our house! It is our house! Mom sent me a photo before but I didn't know that it was this gorgeous and beautiful. The old gray theme was replaced by gold and crimson. Fruit-bearing trees were planted on each corner of the house. A big swimming  pool was located nearby, and  look at that. A big Christmas tree decorated with lights and everything was near the house.

 

When I parked my car a couple of meters away from the front door of the house, my younger brother Jeno ran all the way to me and hugged me. This kid really loves skinship.

 

We both entered the house while chatting about christmas. "Hara! You're finally here". Mom shouted and we both hugged each other. Oh the warmth my mom emit when she smiles. "There she is. My little, I mean, my big girl." Oohh dad. I ran into him and enveloped him in a warm, toasty hug. Just being with them lets out the inner kid inside of me that can be seen exclusively by them.

 

Mom prepared dinner. Ham, fried chicken, steak, stew, salads. And for dessert, vanilla flavored ice cream with chocolate syrup, covered with rainbow colored sprinkles and a cherry on top.

 

I looked at the clock and my eye bulged. 5 o'clock. I have to go now.