The Grandma

30 Days Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Here is the investigation report of that girl.” A man wearing a black suit put the black file on the table.

The old lady sitting on the fluffy, luxurious red chair took the file and started reading the report. There was some superior aura eluded from her. A smile crooked upon her face as she read the report.

She put the file on the table back.

“Alright. Start the preparation.” With just one simple order, something big was about to change. The old lay smirked as the man wearing the black suit nodded.

“Now, Kris, you won’t have the chance to get away this time.” She whispered slowly.

 

“NO!” With a stern voice, Hyoyeon rejected.

“Oh, come on, Hyoyeon! We are meeting my grandma and you expected me to bring you wearing your normal tomboyish clothes?” Kris reasoned out.

It was not long ago that Hyoyeon finally agreed to go and meet his grandma and now Kris was dragging her to the dress selection in a large, expensive shopping mall. Being a normal woman born in a normal household, she had no reason to go to this type of places before. Now, she was asked to choose an elegant, luxurious evening dress to be worn to go and meet his grandma. She already knew that Kris is a grandson of a chaebol, but to imagine that just for a family dinner she had to wear something glorious, she started to doubt her decision again.

When they arrived at the dress rack, Kris asked her to make a choice from the huge selection of dresses in the shop. Not only that, Kris also mentioned that they were going to visit the shoes department and handbag department to buy a new shoes and handbag and then pick out some accessories later. After that, they were going to go to the hair salon to do her hair and make-up. That was how she started to break out.

“Now, I am starting to regret my decision.” She sighed, deep in regret.

“Oh, no, Hyo. I am not going to make you go back on your promise to help me out this time.” Kris started to get nervous seeing her reaction.

“Yeah yeah, I know. I will help you.” She grabbed a long, strapless, basic black dress nearby and went to the changing room. In just a few minutes, she went out, clothes changed. “Satisfied?” She asked in a mocking tone. She just wanted to make the whole day get over with.

“Nay, too simple. And, black? Are you going to mourning ceremony? Someone died?” Kris criticized. He then went around and later picked out a knee-length reddish dress with spaghetti straps. “Go and change into this.” He commanded.

“No way! Look y! And provocative! Are you trying to make me looks like a e?” Hyoyeon objected instantly.

Choosing a dress for formal family dinner was not as simple as she thought at first. The whole process was much longer and difficult than similar trips she had taken with her friends. She guessed there was something to be said for formal, high-ranking dinner.

It was already one hour and they were still arguing and fighting over the dress. At last, Hyoyeon sat on a low chair just inside the dressing room, by the three-way mirror, trying to control her fuming.

“Honestly, Kris, can’t we just choose a simple dress? I am so tired of this already.” Hyoyeon let out a heavy sigh.

“Fine, then.” Kris gestured one of the staffs that they previously dismissed on the reason they could make their own choice to come over. “Choose a suitable dress for her for a formal family dinner.” He ordered the staff.

“This way, miss.” The staff kindly led Hyoyeon.

“This better be fast,” She said but Kris was distracted by the sound of a phone ringing to hear her.

So, Hyoyeon left, following the staff. Meanwhile, Kris pulled his cell phone from a pocket inside his jacket, looking briefly at the caller ID before answering.

“Where are you? The dinner is almost starting now.” The caller hastily said as soon as he picked up the phone.

“Aish, I’m picking up my girlfriend now. I’ll be there in a moment.” Kris answered nonchalantly.

“Okay, just make sure you will be he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter