Kris’ Tale Part 2

30 Days Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris remembered how happy he was when she finally agreed to pretend to be his girlfriend. It also meant she took the bait. His plan worked at last. The mere thought of Hyoyeon and him in the same office made him happier.

He would also forever remember that day when he felt as if he saw an angel descending upon the earth. He always wondered how she would look like in beautiful dress, doll herself up. And when he saw her step out of the mall, it was then he knew, how jealous he could be. How he would never allow her to prettify herself again for he was afraid some men would see the beautiful Hyoyeon, realize how pretty she was and take her away from him. When he said she look weird in that dress, he was hoping she would be discouraged and never again wear like that. Only he should have the privilege of seeing her prettified self. Only him.

So, off to the dinner at his house they went. Along the drive, his heart was continuously thumping crazily. He also found himself constantly stealing glances to his side, where she sat quietly. He also had a sudden urge to make a U-turn and brought her to a hotel instead. Damn! The temptation was too much. It was almost a miracle they could safely arrive at his house.

But, he never would have thought his grandma would drop the bomb that set his heart on the edge of ravine. Marriage? He never even considered of confessing his love to her. So, how could there would be talk of marriage? His grandma must be joking. That was what he thought. So, when he mentioned constipation, he was joking too.

‘Take that, grandma. I can joke around too.’

It was hard not to laugh seeing her face. If only look could kill, he would of course be dead from her continuous death glare. He knew she was contemplating telling the truth, that they were in fact not a couple, and he knew how to stop her from confessing. But, what he did not know, his grandma collapsed before he could say anything.

He remembered how horrified he was that time. He loved his grandma. After all, grandma was the one who raised him up since his parents died. Flashbacks of the time when his parents died came to mind. Would he lose someone he loved again? Did his life would forever be doomed to love and to lose? No. He did not want to face that again. It would be a trauma he could never ever recover from.

What happened next almost did not register in his head. He just remembered of Hyoyeon nodding and being led to someplace else. Then, BAM! The door was opened and a pretty man entered. Just then he realized he was wearing a tuxedo, a different tuxedo than what he was wearing earlier. A tuxedo that he swore he saw someone who was about to get married would wear. And he realized, he was about to get married!

When the man who introduced himself as her brother and Jessica left, he mustered up the courage to approach her. He knew she must be boiling with rage. It was never his plan to get married too. Marriage, it was something he could not afford of. Not today, not in the future.

As he recalled his grandma’s wish, that was to see them to get married, he had two choice. To run away from the hall and let his grandma down or to walk down the aisle and make Hyoyeon further hate him. He had to admit, the latter was most tempting. Hyoyeon could hate him but one way or another, he could keep her beside him with the marriage. Wasn’t that always his silent wish?

So, the wedding song was played. And, he did not regret his choice as he saw her walking down the aisle in her white gown. She would be the most beautiful bride in his eyes and he would be the happiest groom alive.

He thought he had her on his grasp at last. He was ready to give all the happiness in this world to her after the marriage. He had hope they would be living happily ever after, like in those fairytale. But, when she suggested that his grandma was faking the illness, his hope crumbled down.

 

“Because,” Hyoyeon said impatiently, “Can’t you see how well and healthy she was during the ceremony? She could even stand up on her own two feet while greeting the other guests!” Her voice raised an octave.

“Wait a second,” Kris stood up from the bed and stepped closer to Hyoyeon who was standing at the end of the bed. “You are not suggesting this whole wedding was just a façade, are you?” He demanded in disbelief.

Hyoyeon shook her head. “I can’t believe you. All of these seemingly smooth flow, all of those carefully prepared ceremony... Do you think a normal wedding would be as easy as this?” She started to turn away. “Your grandma planned this. That’s exactly what I am suggesting right now.”

Kris caught her arm, spin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter