The Morning After

30 Days Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That morning when Hyoyeon opened her eyes, she still felt like she was dreaming.

She could feel Kris’ breath against the back of her neck, his arm around her waist. His skin against hers. It didn’t seem real, and yet she could remember everything they had done with perfect clarity.

Her face blushed as the images of last night flashed in her mind. Slowly, she moved away from him and got up to dress herself. Kris was still in a deep slumber and she had no intention to wake him up. Not yet.

 

 

After taking a bath, she went to the kitchen. Looking at the disarray state of the kitchen, she sighed. Kris must have been in a bad mood before she arrived yesterday. She cleaned up the kitchen and put everything into order again. At least it would take her mind off from wandering around.

Hyoyeon was cooking breakfast in the kitchen when she heard the chair moved behind her. She froze. Who else would be there but him!

She turned, and there he was, sitting on one of the chairs at the dining table, leaning on it, his face supported by his strong hands. He was wearing a casual shirt. His bed-hair didn’t make his attractiveness much lesser. He looked both amused and bewildered.

Hyoyeon flushed, then gathered herself and cleared , her knees weak at the sight of him.

“Are you hungry?” she asked.

“Very,” he answered with intense look, and she didn’t think he was referring to food.

“I made breakfast.” She tried desperately hard not to look flustered.

She set down the breakfast on the table without even looking at him.

Kris had a pleased look as he continued to stare at her reaction. “Why don’t you sit down so we can start with our breakfast?” he said when she continued to keep her distance from him and look anywhere but him.

“I’m not hungry,” she said, still avoiding his eyes.

Kris sat up and walk to approach her, but Hyoyeon moved away, almost like running from him.

He knitted his brows. He chased after her but she continued to run away.

“Hey, why are you running away from me?” Kris asked when Hyoyeon started to move out of the kitchen.

“I am not running!” Hyoyeon answered, still not looking at Kris.

“Then stop!”

“My brakes are not working.”

“It’s your brain that’s not working!”

He caught her at last when they were already at the living room. He held her at her waist but she continued to try to wriggle free of his grip.

“Hey, wait,” he struggled to choke out the words as she was still trying to push him away. “What are you doing?”

“I’m pushing you.”

“Of course I can see that!”

“Then stop asking the obvious and let me go!”

“Not until you tell me the reason you refuse to even look at me!”

They were still on pushing and pulling each other that they didn’t even realize the door of the apartment was opened and two figures entered.

“Look, an idiot and another idiot doing something idiotic,” Heechul commented as he saw them.

Hyoyeon and Kris stopped at doing whatever they were doing and looked towards where the voice came from. They saw Jessica and Heechul standing at the hallway to the living room.

“How do you enter here?” Kris gave an annoyed look at them.

“Luhan gave me the password the last time I came,” Jessica answered, simply, unfazed.

Kris made a mental note to change his password sometime soon. As soon as possible. Possibly in a few minutes later. And maybe killed Luhan after that.

Hyoyeon cleared . “What are you doing here?” she asked.

“You ran off just like that last night and never called me afterward. So, I come to check on you, whether you are still alive or not,” Jessica paused. “Though I can see now that you are alive. And very lively.” She didn’t even attempt to hide the bemused note in her voice.

Hyoyeon realized she was still in Kris’ arms. She pushed his body away from her. Kris reluctantly released her from his grasp but maintained his distance close to her.

Jessica smirked. There was a knowing look on her face. She turned to look at Heechul who was standing beside her and said, “It seems like we interrupt them at the wrong time.”

There

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter