The Unknown Feeling

30 Days Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘What on earth am I doing here?’ Hyoyeon muttered under her breath.

Somehow, they ended at Luhan’s house for dinner that evening. Luhan’s house was not far different from Kris’ house. Evidence of their wealth was everywhere in the living room, from the porcelain vases piled with colourful flowers on the timber tables to the walls hung with various paintings which some she recognized from famous artists. The interior design was filled with unnecessarily luxurious furniture, that Hyoyeon felt like she had to be careful so as not to knock over even a tiny vase for fear of its price.

‘Damn you, rich people!’ Hyoyeon slightly cussed.

A couple walked into the living room whom Hyoyeon immediately recognized as Kris’ aunt and uncle, meaning they were Luhan’s parents. Now, when she looked closely, Luhan resembled his mother a lot. But he seemed to inherit his father’s smile. When they smiled, the shape of their mouth curled into a pretty outline.

“Oh, Lulu! You’re back!” Hyoyeon’s head turned ninety degrees to the man that was just called Lulu just to see Luhan’s cheeks were becoming red.

“Mom! I told you not to call me Lulu anymore!” He pouted.

“But Lulu will always be Lulu!” Mrs Xi exclaimed.

Hyoyeon did not remember the aunt to be such a tease when they met during the dinner last night. She was staying quiet all through the dinner. And, they could not talk much during the ceremony too. So, it was a rare sight to see her teasing Luhan. Now, she saw her in a new light.

“Yeah, Lulu. What’s wrong with Lulu being called Lulu?” Kris joined in the fun.

Luhan narrowed his eyes. “Could you please not sound like my mother? Really, why do you have to be so much in sync all the time?” He said in whiny tone.

“And could you please not sound like a whiny 5-years-old?”

“Not funny, Kris,” Luhan stopped his whiny act and glared at Kris.

Kris seemed unfazed. Here was another person whom Hyoyeon saw in a new light today. Calm and collected. Can be sarcastic at times. Kris was turning more and more into a guy she barely knew.

 A low laugh sounded beside Mrs Xi. All focuses turned towards Mr Xi. Seeing all eyes on him, Mr Xi covered his mouth and stifled his laughter. He cleared his throat before making his point. “Well, it has been a long time since Xi family gathered together. Not to mention we have a newlywed here. Let’s have dinner together.”

“Oh, I just invited them for dinner too. I’m cooking!” It looked like Luhan found his composure back.

“Oh, you want to cook for dinner?” Mrs Xi laughed. Though it was faint, Hyoyeon could hear the nervousness in her laughter. “But, we already book a dinner at a hotel tonight. Right, hubby?” Hyoyeon saw her nudging her elbow into her husband’s ribs.

“Yeah, right! It’s true.” Mr Xi agreed with his wife. His smile looked obviously awkward.

They secretly exchanged look, wearing the same expression of tension.

“But, I already promise to cook for this new couple tonight.” Luhan protested.

“Actually, I prefer to have dinner at the hotel.” Kris said but Luhan did not seem to hear it. He seemed to already set his mind to cooking no matter what.

“What about both of you just go and have your date while we are going to eat here,” Luhan suggested. He was grinning crookedly.

Hyoyeon spotted a slight sigh of relief from the old couple. ‘This is not a good sign.’

The couple did not take long to get ready for their dinner out of the house. In fact, they were so much in a hurried that Hyoyeon wondered if they were ever intended to hide their unwillingness to eat Luhan’s cooking.

Now, they were gone and Luhan turned to face Hyoyeon and Kris and smiled.

“Then, let’s start cooking!” He announced and Hyoyeon noticed his doe eyes were way too bright of excitement.

Kris stood up. Hyoyeon saw he was heading up the stairs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter