Kris’ Tale Part 1

30 Days Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Now, when Kris looked back, their meeting was totally unexpected. He just lost his parents in a tragic car accident. Then, suddenly, he was named the heir of the mega company. He had always been receiving strict education to prepare him to inherit the company. But, since then, it became stricter. He couldn’t breathe. He felt choked. He wanted to puke. He was so young, so immature. All he had ever wanted was to be freed of the obligation to be the perfect heir.

Maybe that was the reason he found comfort in flirting with women and fighting with some thugs. He was handsome. He always knew it. And he was rich. Girls would be attracted to him for those reasons. Girls loved men like that. Love? He neither wanted to hear nor believe in that word again. To love is to lose. And his parents were a good example of that. He had enough of losing people he loved. Never again he would fall in love for he knew it would only mean losing it someday. He left his old self behind and almost forgot what it was like to love someone.

But, he was being reckless. He made a slight mistake. He got involved with some gangsters. All of that was because he didn’t realize a girl who he flirted with the day before was actually a girlfriend of its gang leader. When he was cornered by some of its gang members on the very first day of high school entrance, he couldn’t ask for the better. See, he had this pent up anger from the burden of being Mr Perfect Guy. If fight they were asking for, then so be it. What’s the use of those years learning all type of martial arts if it was not put in action?

What he didn’t predict was, his fight made an innocent girl involved. She was just some random pedestrian on her way to the school. He noticed she was wearing the same uniform as his. That girl didn’t leave strong impression to him. And, when he received the notification of suspension from school for getting in a fight, he got to know that girl was suspended along with him for being suspected to be in the fight too. But, he had no intention of proving her innocence. He didn’t know her so why should he be bothered with her problem? He had had enough of his own problems to be dealt with.

When he came back to school after his suspension was over, his eyes were drawn to her. Kim Hyoyeon. A name that he got to know later. They were in the same year. Though they were not in the same class, he would always see her eating lunch in the courtyard during lunch break. Sometimes, he saw her going to the dance studio after school as he was on his way to the library to waste some time before going home. And sometimes, he found himself peeking inside the dance studio to get a glimpse of her dancing. She danced so beautifully. With every step that she took, he felt like his body being pulled forward by her grace. She looked so fantastic when she owned the floor with her dance. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. And she kept dancing through his mind.

When he looked up closer, he deduced she was a wasted beauty. Sure, she was pretty. Her dance was crazily enchanting. But, her tomboyish character ruined it all. She should be acting graceful, elegant and stylish. Then, maybe he would be a little interested in her. Maybe he would consider her as one of the candidates to be his girlfriend.

But, she was always talking roughly, not paying enough attention to her outfit or her face. No make-up, no jewellery, nothing at all. Her manners were also lacking. She would always in a group of males. She would be dancing, smiling and joking around with them. What a vulgar woman. So uncouth. Totally not his type. Not even close. Not ever. Not in this lifetime. That’s what he thought at that time.

But he was curious. Curious about that girl who liked to smile a lot. And he learned that she was from poor family. So annoying. They were totally the opposite type. He was handsome, clever, rich, by far the most popular boy in school. She was nothing. Neither rich nor brilliant, from an unremarkable country family. So, why did she always look happy? Why did she look so free? How could she still be smiling naturally around people? How did she achieve the happiness and freedom he had always been dreaming about? She was so relaxed; he was not. He could not smile brightly as hers.

He still remembered the one event that started their friendship. He was in this café, with his current girlfriend. She was going on and on about some boring stuffs. Maybe it was about time for them to break up and he could find a new girlfriend. This girl was not interesting anymore. He could always date a lot of girls at one time, but he saw no reason to do that. Plus, it was just troublesome. And it would be a true headache if they were to be the annoying type. That’s why he stuck to his principle to date one girl at a time. If he lost interest in her, he would ask for a clean break up and found a new interesting girl. That was the cycle.

And then he saw her, at the café, working as a waitress. Ahah! Chance! When she came to their table, smiling, he quickly grasped her wrist and lied that he was dating her to make up an excuse to break up. Angry, his soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend slapped her face. Ouch! It must hurt, he would say. Before he could do anything, Hyoyeon surpassed his expectation. She was a tough girl. She was the type who won’t back down in a fight. And he could only watch in awe when she answered the slap with a slap. As the saying said, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. That was the first time he saw a live fight between girls which was, of course, won by Hyoyeon.

From that point on, he decided. He wanted to keep that girl who liked to smile yet fought well when provoked by his side. But not as a girlfriend. Just someone enthralling to be kept in his dull life. She seemed interesting. She would never make his life boring. Whatever it took, he wanted to know her more.

To his despair, she was not interested in him. In fact, she seemed to hate him. Not just a bit, but a lot. But why? He was Kris. Kris Wu. Every girl loved him. Women would come swarming if they were asked to. So, why didn’t she? Whenever he came near, she would give him her death glare and show her disgusted face, as if he was something gross to be avoided. She didn’t even bother hiding her feeling to get away from him. It felt like she won’t waste even a single second with him. All of his life, that was the first time he experienced the feeling of dejected and learnt of the word rejection.

It was maddening. It was so frustrating. She would always be smiling in front of other men. But, why won’t she show the same smile to him? From that moment, he hated her smile. He hated her happy face. From that moment, he wanted so badly to make her life miserable. He wanted to see her angry face. He wanted to see her suffer. He wanted to see the expression she won’t show others. He decided. If smile was what she showed to others, then he will be the one to make her angry. He will make her annoyed face to be exclusively his. When he thought back, he was acting like an elementary brat, purposely trying to bully the girl he liked just to attract her attraction. So uncool. So not like him.

Since then, he would think of every trick to mess up with her plan and life. He would follow her around if she refused to hang out with him. The greater opportunity came when he was called out by some girl he used to hang out with to the broadcasting room. Tch, another confession. So troublesome, he thought. Soon, he realized what that girl was trying to do. It wasn't hard to figure it out. He wasn’t an idiot. If anything he could be proud of besides his handsome face, it was his genius brain. His principle to date one girl at a time was known and that girl expected him to be single at that time.

So, that girl was convinced he would accept her confession and later announce to the whole school that he was hers. But, sorry to say, girl. Not only he despised tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter