Realization

Boy prince

DONGHO'S POV

     Soohyun ended up falling asleep and I didn't have the motivation to wake him up. I wanted to sleep next to him like a normal couple even though I new I was taking a risk with Kris living here as well. He wasn't aloud to be alone with me though we were on a few occasions. I felt comfortable around him even though he was practically a stranger to me but after yesterday when our hands interlaced together and the almost kiss we shared, the way he looked at me since has been diferent. He would stare at me as if he wanted to say something to me but then his brows would furrow like he was arguing with himself.

     I sigh out loud and cuddle closer to my boyfriend who was still soundly asleep. "I wish everyday could be like this Soohyunnie." I quietly whisper. I let us lay here for a while longer really not wanting to get up but I did anyways and open the curtains to let in some light. I heard Soohyun grumble and turn over to escape the light. "Wake up Oppa!" I say in an overly cheery voice. "Yah I can't tell if you are being sweet or mean to me?" He says in a sleepy voice. I laugh and jump onto the bed startling him. "You have to get up soon I'm surprised we haven't been caught yet." I tell him.

     He rolls over to look at me. "Lets die together." He says to me in a serious tone and I slap him hard on the head. "Yah, don't even think like that it's not funny!" I hit him again and he laughs at me. "Dongho-ah lets just tell your dad that we are in love, he likes me like a son, maybe if I promise him that I'll leave you alone when you're married he will let us be happy freely til then." I look at him as if he has gone mad. "Are you crazy? I can't tell my dad that I'm gay, then he will think I wont give him grandchildren and besides what about Kris? What if he tells his family? It'll cause a scandal!"

      Soohyun looks at me as if he had completely forgot about Kris and smashes his face into the pillow to scream into it. "Why does he have to be here really?" Soohyun says annoyed. "Well he's suppose to get to know me..." I start to say but Soohyun interupts. "Yeah I'm sure that's totally it.." He scoffs. I'm a little offended. "Why? Do you think he doesn't care about getting to know his future brother in law?" I say. "It's been what...three, four days since he's been here. How many questions has he asked you about your personal life?" Soohyun asks. "I don't know, not that much we mostly just hang out..." I say. "Which you're not suppose to do alone." Soohyun says. "I'm not a child anymore I can handle myself, besides I really think he likes me." I say and Soohyun snaps his attention to me. "What do you mean?"

      I think about what I'm going to say before I do say it so I don't upset Soohyun. "Well he's willing to try all the things I like and like to do and he laughs. He tells me stories and I tell him some which aren't many and he listens to me a lot." I start to say all this time Soohyun is looking at me weird. "What is it?" I finally ask him. "Do you feel something for him?" He asks flatly. "What?!" What kind of question is that? "HAS he tried anything with you?" He asks again sounding nervous. "Well..." I start to say but Soohyuns intense stare distracts me.

      "He...well we kind of almost kissed but it was an accident and he apologized!" I say to him waiting for his to erupt with questions and yelling. I close my eyes as I'm waiting but nothing happens instead I feel him leapt of the bed quickly. He's already swinging open the door, in only his pants, he rushes down the hallway I run after him but he's already going down the stairs. "Soohyun!" I yell for him but he doesn't turn around. I see Nan, "Where is father?" I asked frantically, "He's not here...why?" I ignore her and run after him. "Please don't do this!" I yell at Soohyun but he doesn't listen. He swings open a bedroom door which I guess is Kris'. I'm too late.

KRIS' POV

      My door swings open and a half , very angry Soohyun rushes in with Dongho screaming behind him. I'm completely caught off guard when he approaches me and his fist connects with my face. I fall back from the impact and start to taste blood. I get up with ease and stare back at him with integrity. I smirk at him thinking to myself that he just made a big mistake. "You!" He said to me. "You tried to kiss Dongho!" I laugh at the accusation, I didn't try to kiss Dongho it was an accident, but after it happen I realised that I really wanted to kiss him. "Ani it was an accident...but I see you've done more than just kiss Dongho." I point out both their half bodies. "Dongho is my boyfriend." Soohyun declares to me.

      "Yeah I figured as much. It didn't take me long to put the pieces together." I say. "His father loves me like a son go ahead and tell him." Soohyun says. "His father isn't the problem really...it's my family. I can tell them at any time but I won't." I say and Dongho is looking at me with hope filled eyes. "Why?" Soohyun demands. "Because I also like Dongho." They look at me with wide eyes, Donghos are scared but Soohyuns are angry and I expect to be punched again. "He's going to marry my sister and I'm going to watch over him for now on he won't need you anymore." I say. Dongho is just staring at me in shock.

     Last night after Dongho had gone to bed I thought about our almost kiss and the way my heart had acted strange. I looked at the pictures in my phone of me and my sister and then the picture of me and Dongho. I was torn between what I wanted to pursue and protecting my sister. How can I choose between her happiness and mine? It seemed so unfair that this was happening now. I have never been interested in anyone before. And now that I am I have so many obstacles in my way.

SOOHYUNS POV

     I couldn't believe all the things I was hearing. First he says he likes Dongho too and then he has the nerve to say Dongho wont need me anymore that he will watch over him. Who the hell does he think he is? "Are you crazy? Have you even thought about how Dongho feels about all this?" I spit out. He looks at Dongho with soft, yearning gaze and I want to punch him again for looking at my boyfriend that way. I wait for his response. "I know you don't have the same feelings for me but maybe in time you will. I can keep you from being lonely when my sister isn't enough. And also...I can protect you and Soohyun. I know you worry about what is going to happen to him now that I know but I promise to keep everything you love safe if you just give me a chance."

     I look over at Dongho scared of what his expression will look like. He's looking at me with conflicted feelings. "You can't seriously be considering this?" I say with painfull words that I almost choke on them. "But..I want to protect you too Soohyunssi." His voice cracks and I can tell he's trying not to cry. "No, defintely don't even think about that!" I say sternly. "So Dongho..." Kris interupts. "Leave him alone." I turn back around saying to Kris. "How can you put soemone you like through this?" He looks down as if thinking about it himself. "I guess I'm a little selfish but I won't give up on Dongho easily." He says. "And you think I will? I don't care how much you threaten me you will have to kill me if you ever want Dongho for yourself."

      "Soohyun!" Dongho whines and grabs my arm, "Please don't say stupid things." He pleads with me. "What do you want me to do just give you up so easily? Well?" I wait for his response but he instead starts to cry. I go to reach over and comfort him but he slaps my hand away. "Dongho!" Kris and I both say in unison. "No! Just leave me alone I can't handle this right now!" He yells and runs off in the direction of his room and I see Nan following behind him, she gives me a look of disappointment and continues after Dongho. I look at Kris and say "This isn't over." and leave to go home not even bothering to collect my things.

DONGHO'S POV

      In my room now I've been laying in bed wrapped up in the shirt Soohyun had abandon. I felt like my world was collapsing around me, it was hard to breath and my chest was in so much pain. Was my heart really breaking? How could this happen, why couldn't Soohyun listen to me? If he hadn't act that way maybe I could have handled Kris hyun diferently and he wouldn't have forced us in this situation. I kind of understand Kris hyungs actions, if he really likes me, emotions can make you do ridiculous things without thinking. I suddenly hear two voices arguing outside my door and I recognize them as Nan and Kris hyung. I'm too weak to get up and tune them out.

      But then my door opens and someone quietly walks in, even though its daylight it's dark in my room with the curtains pulled and I try to pretend to be asleep. The person sits at my bed side and reaches a hand out to caress my forehead. "I'm sorry." Kris says. His voice sounds really upset. "What I'm doing is wrong, everything I do is wrong if it's not about business. I wish I could take back how I confessed to you and make it something special. I never meant to make you cry." He says to me and I start to cry because I really liked Kris hyun but I was in love with Soohyun and nothing could change that, I didn't want to to hurt him or Soohyun.

      "Dongho?" He calls out and I try to be quiet. "I know you're awake now, please look at me?" He says and turns my body so that my back is flat on the bed. He's looking at me like I'm something fragile he doesn't want to break. It's such a tender look that it almost breaks my hear even more. How do these two beautiful people happen to both fall in love with me? How cruel is this to happen to a boy who has never been out in the world. Then I thought about what the fortune teller said about Soohyun all those years ago, that he would be the reason that I die. I don't understand how Soohyun, who loves me would be responsible for my death.

     Am I making the wrong choice and am really suppose to be with Kris will he really protect me? I look at the man who is still staring contently at me while brushing the hair away from my face. But I love Soohyun that I know more than anything...does that mean I'm willing to die to stay with him? But what is even more scarey is that deep down inside, I've considered giving Kris hyung a chance if it meant I'd be protecting someone I love more than myself. Maybe instead of dying to be with Soohyun I can live to protect him.

     "Dongho..." Kris hyung calls out to me. "Ne hyung." I whisper. "Do you think you can have feelings for me?" I know my answer but I can't bring myself to tell him that I will never love him like I do Soohyun. Instead I say, "I don't know." He looks at me as if he's making a hard decision. "Maybe this will help you decide." He lowers his face to mine and I can't do nothing but be perfecttly still has his lips connect with mine, slightly open his teeth grazing my bottom lip causing me to let out an involuntary moan. Why can't I push him away? I'm sorry Soohyun.

authors note: im really sorry if this chapter so bad! I've just been really distracted, forgive me!