Chapter 9

Canis Lupus Signatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 9

 

 

Two weeks went by and so far Jonghun and Jungkook had been able to dodge their packs fairly well. Nobody seemed to know they had been meeting, although Luhan had been putting on extra effort to keep track of him, especially now that he became so evasive.

By now, the leaders of the packs had already met and it was arranged that in the second full moon night there would be an assembly. Every wolf who was interested in the negotiations could be a part of it, so the South Wolves knew they should prepare for a large crowd flooding their village at the assigned day.

Since then, Kai had been taking Jonghun hunting almost every day, mostly to teach him, but also for gathering food for the meeting. This was the third day they were doing this.

They had been in the woods in the morning and placed a couple of snares around, then after lunch they redid their steps and Kai nodded ahead.

-I'll cover this area and you cover the one to the right. - He said, and pulled away.

Jonghun agreed and almost skipped away happily. Kai couldn't know, but his son had a secret agenda on these hunting trips.

Jonghun pulled a robe out of his bag and covered his body before climbing up a huge rock, whose top was sided by a beautiful oak tree. The roots of the tree came out of the ground and Jonghun jumped over them, spying behind it.

Jungkook was there, leaning against the trunk and, as soon as he saw Jonghun, he smiled at his lover.

-Hi there. – He extended a hand to the younger, who beamed and took it.

Jungkook pulled the boy into a hug, kissing him tenderly on the lips. Jonghun surrounded the other’s neck with his arms, getting on the tip of his toes to reach Jungkook’s exact height.

-You grew last night. – Jungkook joked, patting the boy on his head.

-I ate some white meat.

-Oh, there you go again, I think you didn’t have enough last time.

Jonghun shook his head with a negative hum.

-Show me what else you can do.

By this time Jonghun had gotten tired and lowered to his normal height, so Jungkook took his chin and raised it.

It started as a slow, wet kiss, that didn't mean to be wet at all, but was good anyways. They slowly picked up the pace and the movements started to get faster.

-Jonghun? – They heard, coming from afar. – Jonghun?!

Unwillingly, Jonghun pulled away and swallowed lightly before answering.

-I’m here, dad! – He yelled. - I think I’ve spotted a bunny!

-It’s alright, there are some deer around, come and I’ll show you how to…

-I think I’ll stick with the bunny. – He said, lips forming a smile. – I prefer the bunny anyways.

Jungkook smiled back, eyes fixated on Jonghun's.

-Let me help you then. – They heard Kai approaching and there was panic in both Jonghun’s and Jungkook’s eyes, but the younger was able to think quickly.

-I’ll try it by myself this time, as you said I should. If I need, I’ll call you.

There was a pause where Jonghun closed his eyes, waiting for Kai’s answer and he breathed out in relief when the man agreed.

-Don’t go too far for it. – His father warned. – Bunnies can’t feed a village.

-I know. Thanks dad. – He yelled back and they heard steps moving away, getting further.

He let out a relieved sound and dropped his head to Jungkook’s shoulder. The older smiled and hugged him closer.

-We’ll have to hunt a bunny now. – He said.

-Nah, bunnies are fast, I’ll just tell him I wasn’t able to… - Jonghun raised his head. - He’ll be disappointed, but at least we’ll be together a little bit more.

Jungkook smiled, holding him tenderly and placing a kiss on his dark hair.

-Who would say you were this naughty? – He whispered, knowing it would make Jonghun protest.

-Hey, I’m a great boy, ok? I do my chores and always look after my brothers and…

A quick kiss from Jungkook made him stop and snuffle.

-I hate that I can’t be mad at you… - He frowned and Jungkook chuckled.

-I love that you can’t.

Jonghun smiled softly and kissed him one more time.

-I can't wait for Jimin to marry Tao. - He said honestly. - I hate sneaking out like this, and I hate lying. When our packs are united, this is going to be over.

Jungkook swallowed in dry. In truth, what should be over was their relationship. In those two past weeks, nothing was done and Jungkook was sure the packs wouldn't unite.

He would still have to meet Jonghun in secret, but at least he wouldn't have to mate anybody.

There were so many people hoping for this union though, the future peace was at stake, and he couldn't help feeling like the most inconsiderate, selfish wolf of the land, because that’s what he was, indeed.

-Jonghun there's a thing... I mean, I need to tell you something.

-Yes?

Jungkook inhaled deeply, held it for a second, then let the air out. He couldn't say it, not looking at those pure dark eyes. He couldn't erase that smile from Jonghun's beautiful face. He couldn't break the younger's heart.

-It's just... I think we should take a look at the snares… - He said, trying to pretend his intensity was a joke.

Jonghun was quiet, but he pulled him by the hand, as usual, and took him to the snares, noticing they had caught a satisfying amount of prey.

-Jonghun? - Kai called again, as the boys took down a fox imprisoned in one of their traps.

-I should get going… - Jonghun murmured, pulling slightly away. – It’s not going to take long for my father to come looking for me here.

-Will you come to my village tomorrow?

-Yes, after breakfast. – Jonghun answered. - West wolves are coming over, there’ll be so many people that no one will notice my absence. 

-I’ll be waiting for you then, by our tree. - Jungkook said, a knot on his throat.

-I’ll see you then.

With one last kiss they broke apart and Jonghun turned into a wolf and ran to his father.

 

><><><><><><><

 

Jungkook had met Tao in the morning and neither him or the other boy seemed very thrilled with that arrangement.

Tao wasn’t Jungkook’s type, neither mental or physically. His soon-to-be fiancée seemed to be a little naïve and childish yet for his age and, though he seemed strong and warm-hearted, Jungkook wasn’t exactly happy.

He didn’t know how Tao felt about him, but he was sure the young wasn’t all happy as well. Maybe, he thought, if both of them were unhappy, their parents would agree on not going through with that marriage. He had to get to know Tao better first, of course, but he was sure they could work on an arrangement.

Right now, his brothers and parents, the owners of the tent, were out, showing Tao the storage and God knows what else they found interesting back in their village.

He stayed at camp and was resting by the very entrance of the leaders’ tent, watching the rain falling when he saw Jonghun passing by, aiming for their tree. He instantly got to his feet and called the boy.

Jonghun turned around and ran to him.

-You are all wet! – He said when the boy stepped in.

-A little bit. – He agreed.

Jungkook grabbed a towel as Jonghun shivered coldly.

-The rain caught me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter