Chapter 7

Canis Lupus Signatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

Jonghun woke up a bit late the next day, since it felt cozy under the covers. He looked up, wondering why his parents let him sleep past time.

            It was raining a lot, a heavy rain with thunders, so there was no way they could do anything outside. Sehun was brushing Sehlu's fur, while Luhan fixed the wooden cabinet.

            When the weather was like this the pups couldn't go outside and play as well. In this case, they usually played inside their own homes or gathered at only one cave to do some recreational activity. Chen and Xiumin usually had fun indoor games to play, and Chanyeol would play instruments for Baekhyun and the kids to sing. Luhan and Sehun usually played word games or told them stories.

            Kai told them stories too, though his were more focused in haunting and wars and sometimes the cubs wanted something milder.

            Therefore Jongsoo and Kyung-ai appeared by the entrance, a cape over their heads, and Jonghun could hear them ask his father if he could entertain them for the evening.

            -Uncle Luhan, tell us a story? – Jongsoo asked as soon as they stepped into the cave.

            Luhan smiled at them and nodded.

            -Of course. Go call the others. – He said and the boys went out running.

            Jonghun stretched, then had an apple for breakfast. He waited until any of the children arrived to kick Sehlu softly and wake him up. The boy gave him an annoyed glance and hissed before dropping his head back to the pillow.

            Jongsoo had called his brothers, then the twins Daeryong and Soryong, and little Baekyeol. When they arrived at the den, they would shake their body to dry their fur and then turn into boys and sit on the floor. Some of them were and Sehun handed them covers so they wouldn’t catch a cold or anything.

            -Hyung! – Dai called and came running to the back, bumping into Sehlu in his way to Jonghun. – Here.

            He handed him a stick and the young whined, feeling even more remorseful.

            -Oh Dai, I’m sorry I went away after I told you to fetch this. You didn’t need to bring it back to me.

            -It’s ok, Kaisoo and I named it Twiggy and fed him leaves. – The boy said happily. – I took him to sleep with me, but I just don’t wanna play anymore. Taking care of a stick is hard.

            Jonghun chuckled.

            -Of course it is. – He said, waving Twiggy at his brother. – I’ll take care of this for you, and you go and listen to the story.

            He said and Dai nodded, sitting beside his friends and brothers.

            -I want to hear the one about the turtle again. – He asked Luhan, but Kyung-in shook his head.

            -No, tell us more about the tree of life.

            -There's no more to know about the tree of life, Kyung-in. – Daeryong told him. Kyung-in sulked.

            -I want a true story, not something made up.

            -Alright, I'll tell you a real story, it's about a little cub who found a treasure in the woods. – Luhan told the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter