Chapter 8

Canis Lupus Signatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

 

-Jungkook? – Came a faint calling and the young looked around, startled.

He had been helping his brothers gathering wood to heat lunch and as soon as he approached the thicket, he thought he heard Jonghun's voice.

He followed the calling and found the white wolf behind a bush.

-Jonghun, what are you doing here? - He checked over his shoulders to see if there was no one looking, then sat close to him.

-I wanted to see you. - Jonghun answered.

-Oh, I think I’m getting a déjà-vu - Jungkook joked and Jonghun chuckled.

-Did you arrive well yesterday? - He asked.

-I did. Did you get in trouble with your parents?

-A little. - Jonghun admitted with a shrug. - But it was worth it.

He blushed after saying that. Jungkook gulped. Jonghun probably would want to kiss him again today, and he pulled away a little.

-Won’t your parents be worried? - He said. - You should go back...

-It was raining a lot, so they have things to do before they care about me. - Jonghun answered matter-of-factly. - I have to be home after lunch time though.

-Well, we still have a moment. - Jungkook couldn't help feeling happy, even if troubled. Jonghun came closer and he ended up embracing him with an arm. It would just be for a moment, that should be fine.

Jonghun rested his head against the older and they started chatting. Jungkook completely forgot his task and stayed there until people started looking for him. They didn't know that though, so they were tranquil, leaning against each other in the cool thicket and listening to the noises the birds did.

-Jungkook? - They finally heard one of his brother’s call. - Come eat.

-Oh, that's Taehyun. - Jungkook jolted, pulling away.

Just now he realized how cozy he and Jonghun were, and he had promised himself it wouldn't be that way.

-I should go, or he might come here... - He said in an apologetic way, already getting to his feet.

-Oh yes, of course.

He could hear a note of longing, or even disappointment in Jonghun's voice as the goy got up, so he sighed.

-Are you hungry? - He asked and Jonghun thought about it.

-I could eat. – He nodded.

-Alright, wait here.

Jonghun sat down again, holding his legs and rocking his body softly. There was something weird in Jungkook's manner today, something different from the two other days they met. He felt uneasy and skittish, and Jonghun wondered if Jungkook regretted kissing him the day before. 

The smile the boy gave him when he came back warmed his heart, though.

-My brothers were all over the plate, so I could only grab this, I'm sorry... - He said, handing Jonghun a pot with roasted chicken drums.

-Chicken! My favorite. - Jonghun took the pot gladly.

-Really? - Jungkook scowled. - I prefer red meat. Like bull, for instance.

Jonghun twitched his nose.

-Why would you? I mean, why would anyone?

-Because it’s the best kind of meat there is. - Jungkook answered surely.

-No, it’s not.

-Oh, you want to fight me over this? – Jungkook got to his feet, straightening his back.

-Let’s do this. – Jonghun also stood up, smiling because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter