Chapter 3

Canis Lupus Signatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

First Meeting [part 2]

 

After walking for minutes straight, Jonghun and his newly met friend went by a group of jugglers and Jonghun pointed to a tent surrounded by cubs. The boys were gathered in front of a stage attentively watching a puppet show performed by west wolves.

Jonghun pulled the eastern wolf by the hand again, leading him to the shadow of a tree where they could sit and enjoy the show, while resting from the walk.

For almost an hour, Jonghun had showed the east wolf everything he thought was worth seeing, and the east wolf found the items of the fair to be interesting because he had never seen things like that before.

In particular, he found the lean white wolf who accompanied him to be even more amazing, because among all novelties Jonghun, in some way, was able to draw more attention to himself than everything he had seen that day. The boy was smart, kind, and had a unique sense of humor that surprised the other.

Averting his eyes from the puppeteers, he risked a glance at Jonghun, who didn't seem to notice him. Instead, since he noticed Jongsoo in the first line of the spectators, Jonghun started locating and counting his brothers, without realizing he was doing it out loud, a finger close to his chin moving to count the children.

The young chuckled.

-What are you doing? - He asked, humorous.

Jonghun looked at him, seeming just a bit lost.

-I was... ãhn... - He coughed, then chuckled. - Just counting the children from my pack.

He justified, then looked away again, noticing he couldn't find Sehlu there.

-Are you ready to tell me your name now? - He asked in a sharp manner, still looking at the stage. 

-I think so. -  The other laughed. - I'm Jungkook.

-Nice knowing. - Jonghun said, and his bright smile enchanted the other.

-So, Jonghun. - Jungkook cleaned his throat, trying to look away. - How old are you?

Slowly, the white wolf averted his eyes from the show and looked at his interlocutor.

-I'm fifteen, but I have a birthday coming in a month. - The young answered. - How about you?

-I just became seventeen, not even a month ago. - Jungkook admitted, sighing sadly.

-What? - Jonghun noticed how gloomy the other became. - Aren't you happy about your birthday?

-Not really.

-How come?

-It's my pack, they are... they don't... - He began, then sighed sadly.

Jonghun tilted his head.

-People didn't care about your birthday? - He guessed.

Jungkook shrugged.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter