Chapter 1

Canis Lupus Signatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys, I know some of you are new subscribers so I should warn you, I gave the main background of the story in this chapter, but THIS IS A SEQUEL TO THIS FIC here

If you want to better understand the characters and packs, you might want to give it a look ^^

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

The early morning air was cold and humid because it rained in the past night. It was very dark in the cave, but a white wolf turned into a young man and got to his feet swiftly.

He glanced around, observing his family. His little brother, Sehlu, was sleeping on their parent’s bed in his wolf form, so it would be easy for him to sneak out without waking anyone.

They weren’t real wolves, nor were they humans, but a hybrid of these. Some believed they were firstly humans that could change into wolves whenever they pleased, others claimed they were wolves that could become people, but the result was the same: they were both man and beast and they could change if they wanted to.

Jonghun believed a real wolf shouldn’t wear clothes, but since they were “special”, as his parents said, he did put some clothes on, then grabbed his slingshot from the shelf. He passed Luhan and then he passed Sehun, getting outside to the still dark day.

His only hyung in the village, a young man named Tao, told him that the most beautiful moment of the day was the sunrise, especially when they could see the reflection of the sun on the lake. Jonghun was curious and he wanted to go to the lake and watch the sunrise while sitting on the shore’s rocks.

The fire was put out before the wolves went to sleep and he chuckled as he passed the burnt fire wood, barely believing he was able to sneak out like that. He was almost reaching the forest trees now and he walked faster, though being careful not to make any loud noises.

-Jonghun? – A rough voice called and he stopped, slapping himself on the forehead.

He cared so much about not waking the parents he had in the den, that he forgot about his third parent. He turned around, giving his father the cutest smile he could convey.

-Good morning, daddy. – He said sweetly. – You are up early today.

-And so are you. – Kai smiled, approaching. – Mind telling me where you are going so early?

-I was just… going to the storage to get some water to drink…

-You mean the storage in that way? – The man pointed to the cave far behind Luhan and Sehun’s den.

Jonghun pressed his lips into a thin line. He didn’t think his lie through and his father could see right through him.

-Oh yeah, right… - He murmured and Kai nodded.

-You were going to the lake, weren’t you?

-I wanted to watch the sunrise and also I would like to bathe without all the other pups screaming and splashing water everywhere.

-I know, but it’s too dangerous for a pup to go alone.

-I’m not a pup anymore dad, I’m almost sixteen, I should be able to go to places by myself now.

-Alright, how about this, tomorrow we'll wake up really early and I'll talk to your dad and we'll go watch the sunrise together, just the two of us, no other parents, no other pups, how about that?

He asked and Jonghun pouted.

-All by ourselves?

-Yes, just the two of us. – Kai raised his hand as in an oath. 

Jonghun smiled.

-Alright, thank you daddy.

-Everything for my little guy. – Kai smiled, patting the young on the head. -Now go home before you give Luhan a heart attack.

Jonghun rolled his eyes, but turned around anyways, walking back to the den.

He had been kidnapped as a cub and ever since that time his father developed an overprotective behavior towards him and Sehlu. Luhan never allowed the pups to go to and from any places in the land unaccompanied, or even to speak with foreigners, too afraid of Jonghun being kidnapped again or Sehlu being taken for a first time.

Sehun, Luhan’s mate, wasn’t really that much protective of his cubs, but if being so careful calmed Luhan down and made his mate happy, he agreed with it.

His third father, Kai, was exactly the opposite. The man was adventurous and he went to the most scary and dangerous places in the land already. He promised to take Jonghun to some of those places when he was old enough, but so far Luhan hadn’t allowed him to. Kai was, in reality, his second real father, since he was the one to mate with Luhan before the man got together with Sehun, but even so the blonde man was the one to make the rules for the pup.

Kai was also mated with Kyungsoo, which made the man his fourth and last parent and the one that gave Jonghun a little less freedom than Kai, but a lot more than Luhan and Sehun did.

-Oh, there you are. – Sehun smiled as Jonghun entered the den. – Went to get some water?

-Yeah… - Jonghun said unsurely. – Something like that.

-Ok, now get a towel so we can go to the lake. – Sehun said, poking Sehlu in the belly.

-We are going to the lake? – Jonghun frowned, thinking Sehun maybe heard his talk with Kai, but when the man answered him he realized it was just a coincidence.

-Yes, we have to get ready to the fraternization party.

-Oh yeah, that begins today! – Jonghun yelped happily. – I completely forgot about it.

-What begins today? – A sleepy voice asked and Jonghun knelt beside his brother.

-The fraternization party, Sehlu. – Jonghun told him, messing his hair with his fingers.

-Hm, warm bread…! - The boy stretched his arms and legs with a dreamy expression on his face. He loved the freshly baked bread the West Wolves usually made in the party.

-Yes, so get up. – He told the pup before nearly jumping on Luhan. - Come on daddy, we’ll be late for the party!

Luhan got up quick, but lazily and he got to his feet, also stretching his arms. Sehun came to give him a kiss and Luhan smiled at the man before petting both his sons on the head.

They grabbed clothes and towels and when they got out of the den they found the rest of the pack either walking towards the lake or preparing bags and barrels with their share of the food for the party.

Jonghun looked around blissfully. He simply loved the festivities.

Almost sixteen years ago there was a war caused by the leader of the Red Wolves, who wanted to take control of all the lands. Those wolves became the “Dark Wolves” later and they kidnapped the puppies from all packs, training them so they would fight against their own parents.

After the war was over, all the packs turned their backs on the Red Wolves, except for the East pack, whose leader claimed he understood the Red Wolves’ situation and that it wasn’t their fault because their leader, Leeteuk, was possessed by an evil spirit.

The leaders of the East supported the Red Wolves and, for that, all the other packs decided to banish the East pack as well.

One of the good consequences of the war was that the other packs decided to put their differences aside and share their culture and lands with each other. For that reason every year on the date of the big war, they all made a huge party to commemorate their victory and the peace that was restored that day.

They decided the party would last three days and would be held each year at a different land, then each of the packs would bring their clothes, art objects or food to share with each other.

The Silver Wolves, for instance, were masters in war and their leader, G-dragon, was proud to show all kinds of nice weapons they de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter