Chapter 2

Canis Lupus Signatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:  The original author of this fic left,

After a long time, I decided I would take this fic and finish it in her place,

I hope you enjoy it.

 

Chapter 2

 

Jonghun walked around the tents unworriedly, glancing at everything with the calm and respite the lack of his brothers allowed him to feel. It felt good to be alone, sometimes.

He brushed his fingers against silky pieces of clothing hanging from a stall to his right and the smell resulting from the mix of earth and water caught his attention. Checking the tent by his left, Jonghun stopped to watch a man from the north craft an intricate mud jar, sitting on a bench by a wooden table. The man worked swiftly, using a wooden spatula to help him shape the jar.

Just a few feet away, another young man observed the exact same scene, standing by the edge of the forest, hidden from viewers by a tree and a large shrub. The young watched the northern man finish the edge’s details and add the jar to the pretty collection already displayed on the tent. He didn’t even notice the other youngster watching the craftsman until both raised their gaze from the jar and their eyes met.

Jonghun tilted his head at him, and the young man behind the shrub seemed surprised by that. Within a blink of Jonghun’s eyes, the other was gone.

Intrigued, Jonghun complimented the northern man on his job and approached the margin of the forest his parents forbade him to cross. He looked one way and the other, pulled on the leaves of the shrub and, realizing the other was gone, he walked away, shrugging it off.

It was probably just some weird guy from the further west, he thought, skipping lightly not to stumble on a root. The young wolves of the silver pack were always lurking around, because they thought it made them look cool.

After a while the band stopped playing, but Jonghun still hummed the last song he heard while looking for novelties in the tents. He was again by the side of the thicket and the creaking of a twig did not catch him off guard.

Snarling, he turned into a wolf and jumped inside the thicket, falling on the startled young man that had been following him.

The young swallowed in dry, looking the clothed white wolf on top of him with surprise in his eyes.

Jonghun turned back into a human and the clothes he had on fell weirdly back on his body. Frowning, Jonghun poked the young man on the chest.

-Why were you following me? – He asked incisively and, as the other didn’t reply, he continued. – Did my father tell you to? I knew he wouldn’t allow me to be alone so easily…

-No. – The other finally gasped out, suffocating under Jonghun’s weight. - I don’t even know your father!

Jonghun made a face.

-Well, then wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter