Chapter 2

Gifted Time

 It had been 6 hours after Yixing left the hall. He curled into ball on his bed, while Luhan was doing his work on the desk. He watched Luhan’s right arm moved as he wrote something on the paper.  He was illuminated by the lamp on the desk. Luhan focused on his work. Yixing somehow enjoyed this scene and somehow, this view tickled his memory. What a familiar event, he thought. Totally, but what it was about?

Yixing and his strong memory.

“Oh, no! ” He sighed. The bed cracked as he made a move.

“Yixing?” Luhan called out,he was aware that Yixing already gained his consciousness so he stopped doing his assignment. He rose from the chair and went to Yixing who was shackled by messy bed sheets. “Are you okay?” he approached.

“Luhan hyung.” Yixing faintly summoned his name. The digital clock on the nightstand beeped twice when the number 8 showed up on the screen.

It was time to have their dinner.

In her average household, Lu Fei An still able to provide enough and nutritious food on the table. Luhan set his left palm on Yixing’s shoulder while the latter kept his head down and bite his thumb. His headache was not that hurt anymore, but the food brought a pain of yearning to the top of his stomach. His favourite chicken soup was right in front of him, and it was mouth-watering. Besides that, the sweet and sour chicken stood out the most, it was very tempting. Looked at the steamed broccoli! His taste buds already cried a river for that.

“I heard someone skipped his breakfast today.” Sarcastically, Lu Fei An uttered. “May I know who he is?” Yixing bite his thumb even harder, guilt built up within him. Silence took a place for a while as Yixing decided to say nothing.

“Xingxing?!” his mother exclaimed. He was shocked and closed his eyes tightly. Lu Fei An was scary sometimes.

“Hey, apologize now.” Luhan pulled Yixing’s ear. “Ouch! Hyung!” Yixing shouted.

“Now! Mom’s waiting.”

“I’m sorry.” With hesitation and half-whispered, Yixing apologized.

“Sorry for what?”

“Sorry for skipping my breakfast.”

 “The result?”

“I lost my consciousness during examination.”

Yixing received a strict lecture from his mother at that night and had a day break from attending the class the next day. Acknowledged that Yixing was not a robust boy, Lu Fei An gave more attention to him. Even though sometimes it was only a small problem, even though Yixing told that he was treated like a kid and Luhan said that she was being too protective. What was the use of being health consultant when she could not manage her family well?

**

Xiumin is Yixing's best friend.

He came over today and he bought the book that Yixing requested. Lu Fei An was not around, so Yixing just served a glass of watermelon juice and a banana for Xiumin.

“Just these?” Xiumin frowned, his stomach asked for more than a banana. Yixing pouted and his Donald duck shaped- mouth was priceless. “My mom will back any soon, so stay longer if you want to eat something delicious.”

“Nevermind, here! Your book.”

“Thank you, here’s the money.”

“No need, it's not that expensive.” Xiumin put the money into Yixing’s little bank on his desk. “Oh! No wonder, you Xiumin! You are the real man, my friend!” His words did not make Xiumin flattered at all. He was just smirked on that stupid praise whilst Yixing sheepishly giggled.

“Are you okay? You took me by surprise, Xing ah. How could you passed out during important day like that?” Xiumin teased.

“I just can’t help it, can I?” Yixing opened his drawer and put the book into it. Xiumin eyed every movement he made. “Are you writing diary?” he asked.

“Well...” Yixing hesitated.

“You still have time for that, Yixing? Study hard, study hard, won’t you?” Xiumin pulled his hair caused Yixing to yelp. “It’s hurt! Stop it. I’m studying, can’t you see? And I should write it… when I still have time.” The last words seemed sort of disappeared.

“When what?” Xiumin asked.

“It- It’s nothing.” Yixing stammered, “Ya! Drink the juice, I bought it just for you.” He changed the topic.

 

March 12, 2010.

Yesterday, I passed out during the examination.

 

Yixing did not continue, he was just there and sitting on the floor. He was watching Luhan sleeping and he thought a lot. Xiumin called three hours ago and said he had done his check-up tonight at the hospital. Soccer tournament was around the corner and Xiumin was the team capten. He was well-prepared.

You’ve done it before, isn’t it? Is it last year?” Xiumin spoke through the phone and Yixing was not replying. “Xing ah?”

“Hm.”