Chapter 10

Gifted Time

She closed her book account and put it on her lap.  The digits on it were a little bit relieving but they were not enough.  Yixing absolutely needed further operations and medical treatments so she had to work for it. Lu Fei An threw this problem away, at least for a moment. She then continued put Yixing’s clothes into the bag. She folded them nicely and neatly.

Yixing was wide awake. He was eating while watching the television. Luhan accompanied him but he was far from smiling.  Yixing had no clue about what was going on in the house; he was very oblivious and insensitive toward the surrounding. Lu Fei An could not hide the fact that she knew Yixing was badly sick, but she also did not want to make Yixing felt bad about it. Well, he should be but now that was not the matter.

“Yixing.” Lu Fei An called out and smiled weakly; she came out from her sons’ shared room. ‘Yes, mom?” he answered.

Fei An did not reply back. She came closer toward the later and  switched off the television. Effortlessly, their home was quiet again.

“Dear…” Lu Fei An sat in front of Yixing and cared his black hair. A dimple painted on Yixing’s right cheek and his eyes were very…alive.

“Let’s go.”

“Where are we going?” Yixing questioned.

“To the hospital.” Lu Fei An said staunchly. Her heart ached, Lu Fei An could not hold her tears from falling. The words just bluntly came out between her teeth.

“Mom…” Yixing’s eyes started b . “H-How did…”

“Yixing, please… “ Fei An burst into tears  and she put her forehead on Yixing’s shoulder. Luhan lowered his head, he could not face it anymore.

“You can’t do this to me!  I’m your mother…” Fei An was grieving badly.

It was not easy to make Yixing went to the hospital and accepted the fact that his disease was already at another level. Fei An knew Yixing could face it alone so she comforted him that she was his mother and she would always be there for him.

Even though Luhan was told that he did not need to stop from studying, he decided to devote himself toward the kind of slavery works. He took part times and brought back his real forte to life. He followed Chanyeol’s band to the universities’ street in few districts and drew some portraits. While Chanyeol performed with the band, he would stay beside and displayed some of his works to attract the customers.

It was not enough. He went to the construction field and did some kinds of dangerous works. He knew he could not bear with the dust and polluted area, but he still forced himself to lift the bricks and cements on his body. Sometimes he would suffer asthma and unable to move. Once, Luhan ended up faint and was sent to the emergency room as his heart stopped beating.

Lu Fei An never knew this. Chanyeol would not even dare to spit any of Luhan’s illegal activities.

It was frightening how the time flied.

Xiumin was here in the ward. He accompanied Yixing who could not sleep. Baekhyun was sleeping on the sofa but Xiumin still awake. He played with the rubik cube and had some chat with Yixing.

“You know…”

“Hm.” Xiumin simply answered.

“I… really don’t want to die even though I have to.”

There were gaps between the  time that Xiumin finally spoke.

“Just mention; you can’t die.”

Yixing turned to look the latter,”why?’

“I’m going to punish you for hide everything from me.” Xiumin’s eyes fixed on the rubic. “You are so mean.” He mumbled. But, Yixing still could hear it.

“I’m sorry…”

“Sorry it’s not enough, I really want to punch your face. I’ll be waiting for the right time so… Don’t die.” Xiumin’s voice trembled as the last words came out from his mouth.

**

Today, Yixing mentioned again about the money. He said that these things were just wasting the money.

“I don’t need this.” He whispered. “I don’t think I could survive and-“

“I need you so you need to survive. You told me once that I’m your guardian angel so here I am… Did I waiting for you now?” Lu Fei An ‘s voice level was a little bit higher. She needed to make her son to stop talking nonsense and just kept holding on.

“Why so hard for you to believe that you are so important for me, my precious son?” Lu Fei An almost lost of her words. She did not get the reason why Yixing did not want to undergo the operation?

**

A day before Yixing’s operation.

Luhan looked so skinny in his jean and his sweater looked bigger than usual. Yixing asked if he lost weight or he was on diet or something. Luhan was just laughing. He said to Yixing that he was planning to gain weight and be a polar bear.

‘Why polar bear?” Yixing frowned. A small laugh bubbled in his throat.

“It’s because I have pale skin or white? I guess…” Luhan looked at his own skin on his arms. “I’ll be like this…” Luhan collected all the air particles in his mouth and his face turned into the golden fish.  There was big collected air inside the mouth and the lips turned wrinkled and curled into small.

‘Hahah!!! That’s not bear! You look like a golden fish with a big cheeks!” Yixing laughed.  Luhan laughed together so his voice sounded like he was echoing every giggles that Yixing made.

Luhan thought that he was successful enough to distract Yixing from worrying about tomorrow event. His operation must be successfully done.  Yixing deserved another chance to live his life and furthermore, the tumor was not that bad, was it?

Was it?