Chapter 9

Star 별

"Foooood!" Eunkwang yelled as he entered the dressing room with the managers, each with a huge crate of food in their hands. The members all gathered around the crates, eager to see what's inside. Sungjae was the first one to get there, but he wasn't interested in what's for him, he was interested in what's for Peniel.

 
"Hyunsikie hyung, a Melody sent you a whole bag of ketchup!" Sungjae watched as Peniel picked out a large plastic bag with Hyunsik's name on it. He handed it to Hyunsik, and followed as Hyunsik clapped his hands excitedly and laughed. Hyunsik then took Peniel under his arm and Peniel's shoulder lovingly. Sungjae turned away and pretended he didn't see that, and dug through the crates again.
 
"Wah our Sungjae is so popular." Sungjae felt Ilhoon nudge his side, and he turned to see Ilhoon's arms full, holding lots of snacks and goodies. Sungjae wasn't surprised, he was always the most popular member and he often received the most presents from Melodies. He muttered a thanks and took the present from Ilhoon. 
 
"Ilhoon-ah, this whole crate is for you! Thanks to your cutie player!" Eunkwang came over and handed Ilhoon his crate of presents, and watched as he went through the presents one by one. Sungjae looked around, completely uninterested. Then he saw a nicely wrapped pink box with Peniel's name on it. He picked it up and there was a small card attached. His heart felt heavy and his eyebrows furrowed. He knew he shouldn't, but he wanted to read it. Then he looked up and saw Peniel munching on a BTOB cookie sent by the fans. Sungjae bit his lip, and flipped the card open.
 
'Dear Peniel oppa, Anyeong! Oppa is really handsome on stage!' Sungjae sighed deeply and the corner of his mouth twitched a little as he went on reading.
 
'Every time I look at oppa I feel like I'm going crazy because oppa looks so cool on stage.' Oh please, Sungjae rolled his eyes and thought. This Melody didn't even know Peniel. 
 
'Maybe one day I'll get to meet oppa and -' That was all Sungjae could read before the box was taken out of his hands. He looked up in surprise, and saw Peniel holding the box. Sungjae panicked inside. Peniel had a neutral facial expression on his face, and Sungjae wasn't sure if he was angry or upset. Then to his surprise, Peniel ripped the packaging off the box along with the card.
 
"Chocolate! Does anyone want some?" Peniel smiled and held the box out to the other members. Sungjae watched Peniel shove the box into Changsub's hands before grabbing him. He stuck his head out and checked that there was no one outside, then led Sungjae into a storage room and locked them both in.
 
"Baby..." Peniel had his neutral facial expression on again. He glanced at Sungjae, and the way he looked at him was so sharp Sungjae felt scared. He was dreading what Peniel had to say, and he was so scared he felt like crying.
 
"When I said I only ever wanted you to be happy I meant it. It's inevitable that the fans will send me fan letters. If reading them makes you unhappy, please don't do it. Because it kills me inside to see you anything but happy okay?" Sungjae had never felt so relieved before in his life as Peniel his face and said softly.
 
"I'm sorry Donggeunie hyung..." Sungjae could feel his face color with shame, and looked down at his shoes. Then his view was blocked by Peniel's shoulder as he took him into his arms.
 
"It's okay baby, I'm not angry or anything. Just promise me you won't do it again okay? Not because I feel offended, because it upsets you." Sungjae nodded while Peniel the back of his head slowly. He felt relieved and grateful that his boyfriend was so understanding and caring. With a warm feeling spreading in his chest, Sungjae pulled his arms around Peniel's shoulders and breathed in deeply. Peniel's cologne was such a comforting smell to Sungjae. He used it so much it seemed to linger on his skin even when he didn't have any on. To Sungjae that scent belonged to Peniel and it made him feel safe. Sungjae smiled and pushed himself away slightly so he could look at Peniel. He was the face of perfection, and he felt glad that he belonged to him. Sungjae closed in and pecked Peniel on the lips.
 
"I love you." Sungjae threw his arms around Peniel's neck and smiled happily.
 
"I love you too baby." Sungjae felt Peniel run his hand up and down his back. The urge to make out with Peniel was so strong, but the fact that they were both wearing make up stopped him. Sungjae pulled away again and pouted at Peniel.
 
 
 
"Hyung... I can't kiss you like normal because we're wearing make up..." Omigosh, can this boy be any cuter? Peniel thought as Sungjae pouted. Well, he had to do something to make up for that, and Peniel had a great idea in his brilliant mind.
 
"Close your eyes." The maknae obeyed, and Peniel carefully lifted his chin up. He kissed Sungjae's soft warm lips once, then twice, then three times. He kissed him a total of twenty times before pulling him into an embrace.
 
"Good enough?" Peniel whispered into Sungjae's ear. He smiled contentedly when the boy nodded. He stood on his tiptoes and kissed the crown of Sungjae's head. 
 
"Good. Let's go." Peniel opened the door and led Sungjae out. When they got back into the dressing room, Minhyuk was holding out his phone with the rest of the members standing behind him.
 
"Where were you two? Come here so you can be in my selca too~" Minhyuk waved at them, and the rest of the members pulled them both into the shot. Peniel smiled and took a very quick peek at Sungjae. He was making bunny ears on Hyunsik's head and doing his piranha imitation. Peniel giggled very quietly. The silliest boy he knew was the love of his life, and he loved that.
 
 
 
 
 
Anyeoooong (wave)
Did everyone like jealous baby Sungjae? Hehe
I'll try and put more drama in, although I feel cute and cheesy is best XD
Lemme know if you have any suggestions in the comments!
RTOTD: Today my 5 year old cousin sang the Christmas carol PenJae sang and I got TOO excited lol. MY PENJAE FEELS.
KThxBai