II - Boys night out + The great Kim Heechul’s journey to Divisoria ft. Sungmin

Kings of Anything

Title: Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OC
No. of Chapters: 2/?

 

(Chapter focus: Donghae and the others)

II

Boys night out + The great Kim Heechul’s journey to Divisoria ft. Sungmin

 

September 6, 20xx, Friday

DONGHAE

 

“Seatbelt?”

“Check!”

 

“Cap?”

“Check!” Aiden grinned as he wore his cap.

“Daddy?”

“Check!” Aiden giggled as he poked my arm.

“What about Aiden?” I grinned as he looked at Aiden.

“Present!” Aiden grinned as he raised both of his arms. I smiled then pinched his cheek gently, to which he gave me a soft giggle. The engine roared to life as I twisted the keys, and then I started driving slowly and carefully through the highways of Malolos. Aiden and I are on our way to bother Siwon in his Christian bookstore in The Cabanas. He’s the one that I always come to whenever I am bored. It’s fun to bother him. He’s funny.

“Dada, dada, call!” Aiden stopped playing with my cell phone as soon as it started vibrating and ringing.

“Press the red one baby.” I took my Bluetooth earpiece from the dashboard and wore it as Aiden pressed the answer button. “Hello? Who’s this?”

“Now you don’t even know your own friend.” Leeteuk laughed.

“Oh, hey Teukie. Sorry, my phone’s with Aiden.”

“Say hi to Aiden for me.”

“Aiden,” I smiled as I took a glance at Aiden who is busy eating the biscuits from before. He looked at me as I handed him the other earpiece. He blinked and wore it. “Uncle Teukie said hi. Say hi to him, too.”

“Hi Uncle Teukie!” Aiden said cutely, my phone resting on his lap. He held an elephant-shaped biscuit and showed it to me with a wide grin on his face. “Oh, look, dada! An elephant!”

“What sound does it make, Aiden?” I asked with a smile. Aiden imitated the sound that it makes, based from what he watched on television. I chuckled softly, feeling proud that Aiden is so smart. I can already feel that he’ll do well in school a year from now.

“Aigoo,” Leeteuk hyung said from the other line. “I suddenly want to have a son like yours, Hae.”

“Go get married first. You’re getting old.” I laughed.

“You’re mean. I’m just twenty-seven years old.”

“You’re almost thirty but you still don’t have a girlfriend. On what age will you get married? Fifty?”

“I still have lots of time to date.” Leeteuk chuckled. “As of now, I am busy with work.” Leeteuk works as the branch manager of Shakey’s in Tikay. He’s too busy and engrossed with his job that he doesn’t even have time to go out with girls and have fun. He’s been single for five years already, I don’t know why. From what I remember, he was still waiting for someone from our high school years. “Anyways, are you going tonight?”

“Why is everyone asking me if I am going tonight?” I asked in an amused tone. Why do they want me to go tonight? Is there any special event tonight? I don’t really remember.

“Because you’re the only one with a son to take care of.”

“I’ll try, Teukie.” I just smiled. “Anyways, aren’t you busy with work?”

“I took a thirty minute break. And I just called to confirm if you’re going tonight. What about you?”

“I’m on my way to Siwon’s bookstore with Aiden. I need someone to bother since I am bored.”

Leeteuk chuckled. “Siwon’s always the one you bother when you’re bored, huh?”

I chuckled softly as well. They all know that I always bother Siwon when I’m bored. “It’s because he’s so damn funny when you annoy him. He makes weird faces.”

“You meanie. Anyways, I need to go. See you tonight.”

“Yeah. Bye.” I took a look at Aiden. “Baby, press the red one again.” Aiden did what I told him and began playing with the cell phone again.

 

**

YESUNG

 

“Do it like this, Kangin.” I demonstrated as Kangin eagerly watched. Both of us are in the bar that I own at The Cabanas in Calumpit at three in the afternoon. Kangin recently applied as a bartender since he got bored with his job at Carworld. Money isn’t Kangin’s problem. Their family is rich. He just works to try out things. In his five working years, he already had nine jobs and the one that he’s applying for is his tenth, meaning, two jobs in a year. He resigns when he gets bored, period. Kangin even tried working as a construction worker for a day, but he got bored and tired the day after so he decided to quit it. That’s the Kangin that we know.

The interiors of the bar are a mixture of black and grey. I like it simple, but with the mysterious aura that it gives off. It kinda looks like a typical bar, the one with the dance floor, small and round tables scattered around the dance floor for those people who like to chill, and some couches and tables around the corners of the bar for those who likes privacy. The couches are separated by a see-through navy blue curtain and two wooden poles. The counter is navy blue in colour, with black shelves behind it where the alcoholic beverages are displayed for the people to see. My office is upstairs, the little room above the couches on the right side the place. With that set-up, I can easily see what’s happening around the place every night.

“And then?” Kangin tilted his head to the side as he watched me mix the drinks, and then I poured it gently on the cocktail glass. Kangin is a fast learner; he learns even though he just watched what his instructor is doing.

“Done.” I grinned as I handed Kangin the glass for him to drink. “Tony will teach you the other things to do since I’m too lazy to do it myself.”

“This is good.” Kangin commented as he took a sip of the drink that I made. “Can I attract girls with this?”

I shook my head as I chuckled. Just like Sungmin, Kangin loves girls. The only difference is that, girls don’t love him back. Girls run after Sungmin, Kangin runs after girls. Kangin isn’t ugly. In fact, he really is good-looking. He just doesn’t have enough appeal unlike Sungmin and girls easily get irritated because he is somewhat mahangin. I wiped my hands with the cloth and looked at him, who is busy drinking the cocktail. Kangin took out his phone from his pocket after he felt its vibration. {Mahangin - literally: windy; but is somehow used to describe someone who is too arrogant or confident about oneself}

Heechul and I went to Divisoria yesterday. He’s freaking hilarious. LOL – Sungmin

He laughed then placed his phone on the counter. “Hey, did you receive Sungmin’s text?”

“What is it about?” I didn’t bother to look since I was busy wiping the cocktail glasses on the shelves. He’ll tell me what it is about anyways.

“He went to Divisoria with Heechul.”

“Weh?” I literally stopped with what I was doing and turned to look at Kangin who is grinning as he typed his reply. “Heechul’s not the type to go to Divisoria. {Weh - an expression used by Filipinos; really? ; used when doubting what someone said.ex: heechul: i am good in speaking english. | eunhyuk: weh?}

“Check your phone.” He laughed as he pressed the send button.

“It’s in the office.” I shrugged and arranged the glasses on the shelf. I can feel that it’s going to be a busy night tonight, since most of the customers are the Korean exchange students from Bulacan State University. They go here even in a school night. Children these days.

“’Kay. Here, read it.” Kangin handed me his Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and continued to drink the glass of liquor that I made.

I laughed after reading the text message and gave Kangin his phone back. “Sungmin replied.”

He’s funny. I’ll tell the story later. I’ll better get ready to die tho. LOL - Sungmin

“Later?” Kangin raised an eyebrow as he looked at me.

“The guys are coming tonight. I thought you knew.”

He shook his head. “Obviously, I don’t.” I don’t know who planned it, Sungmin just texted me about the little get together tonight here in my bar. Well, he have always been our messenger.

I smirked as I got another glass to clean. “Now you know.”

Kangin punched my arm lightly as he laughed.“All of them?”

I shrugged. “I don’t really know. Well, except for the young ones who are still in school. The only guys that are sure to come are Hyuk, Leeteuk, Sungmin, Heechul and Shindong. I don’t know if Siwon and Donghae will come. Hangeng said he’s a little busy. Zhou Mi’s on night shift.”

Kangin nodded slowly as he placed the glass on the counter. “Can you make another one for me?” He grinned.

“Only if you’ll pay.” I placed the last glass on the shelf, and gave Kangin a smirk before going back to my office.

 

 

“Yo, ma men!” Eunhyuk grinned as he did a high five with Kangin. It’s eight o’ clock in the evening, and the boys are slowly arriving at the bar. Just like what I predicted, the bar is loaded with people and loud music can be heard in every corner of the place. Most of the people in here are Koreans. It’s not that I am boasting or being arrogant, but I must say that my bar is popular among the Korean exchange students from the state university a few kilometres away.

Eunhyuk sat on the couch beside Kangin and Heechul, and ordered one glass of beer. Kangin went home an hour after Tony taught him some of the basic techniques, and went back to the bar twenty minutes ago. He arrived with Heechul, who looked a little stressed. Maybe because of his trip to Divisoria yesterday, but I’m not really sure.  

“How’s Divisoria, Heechul?” he grinned as he looked at the older guy beside him.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Heechul frowned. From the looks of his face, it doesn’t seem like a good memory for him. He didn’t look surprised that the others knew about it already since Sungmin’s words are faster than lightning.

I left for a while and ordered three glasses of beer from Tony who is busy serving the other customers in the other couch. A few minutes later, I came back with the glasses of beer that Heechul and Kangin ordered, and the other one is for me. I sat down beside Eunhyuk and placed the tray of beer on the table.

But to my surprise, Eunhyuk, who never tried to drink ever since he was born, took the other glass of beer. The three of us— Heechul, Kangin and I, looked at Eunhyuk with an eyebrow raised. Eunhyuk looked at us with innocent eyes, just like a little boy who is clueless of what he did. “What?”

“I thought you don’t drink, Hyuk?” I asked him with curious eyes as I eyed him.

“Only tonight. Let’s see if it tastes good.” He grinned before he took a sip. His expression didn’t look really good after his first sip.

“Don’t blame me if you get drunk.” I shook my head as I looked at him. “And don’t expect me to take care of you when you get drunk that you can’t even stand on your own.”

“You’re such a meanie.” Eunhyuk chuckled as he took another sip. “I won’t get to that point,” He blinked as he tilted his head to the side. “Or just stop me.”

I shrugged with a playful smile on my lips. “We’ll see.” A drunk Eunhyuk would be fun to watch..

“Hey!” All of us looked up and saw Shindong and Siwon walking towards the four of us. Shindong grinned then patted each of our shoulders.

As soon as Siwon settled on his seat, he turned to look at Eunhyuk with an eyebrow raised. “You’re drinking?” Eunhyuk just gave him a grin.

Himala,Siwon’s here.” I grinned as I looked at the tall guy who seated beside me. {Himala - literally: miracle; 'It's a miracle'}

Siwon chuckled as he patted my shoulder. “Am I not allowed to go here?”

“I thought you’re busy with your bookstore, and busy doing good deeds to others.” Kangin did a high-five as he and Eunhyuk laughed.

“Whatever,” Siwon rolled his eyes and then chuckled. “Anyways, just in case all of you are curious, Donghae’s coming tonight.”

“We’re not.” Heechul answered with a straight face which made all of us laugh. Heechul’s famous poker face is back.

Siwon chuckled again, but continued with his statement anyways. “He dropped by the bookstore this morning before he went to the mall with Aiden.” He turned to look at Heechul, who look stressed as he held his glass of beer. The dark bags under his eyes explain it all. “How’s Divisoria, Heechul?”

“Shut up.” Heechul threw his sunglasses at Siwon which he managed to catch then placed it on the table. The rest of us laughed as we watched the irritated expression on Heechul’s face. Siwon laughed, too, finding it amusing that Heechul gets irritated whenever he hears the word Divisoria. “What time will Sungmin arrive? I’ll definitely kill him.”

“The most gorgeous person on Earth has arrived!”

“Speaking of the devil.” Eunhyuk said as he looked at Sungmin who just arrived. He walked like a runway model, which he really is and bowed as he reached our table. He sat beside Heechul then hung his arm on his shoulder.

“Yo, my friend. How’re you?” he grinned.

Heechul punched his stomach gently as he glared at him. “You’re dead meat, Lee Sungmin.”

Sungmin laughed as he ordered a glass of beer from Tony, who took the orders of the ones who just arrived. “I just thought that all of them might want to hear how the great Kim Heechul dealt with Divisoria.”

“Get lost.” Heechul shoved Sungmin’s face away and the latter just laughed.

“You’re always welcome, dude.”

“Why did you even go there in the first place?” I asked curiously, since I really am curious to know the answer. Heechul is not the type to go to Divisoria. Nevertheless, think about going to Divisoria.

“I’m running out of money.” Heechul grimaced at the thought. Knowing that the others will continue to ask questions, he decided to tell them everything in one go. That’s very Heechul.

“If you need a place to stay, just call me.” The ever-so-nice Siwon offered as he gave Heechul a warm smile.

Heechul clasped his hands together then bowed. “Yes, pastor.”

All of us laughed. After a few minutes, Donghae and Leeteuk arrived.

“Yo,” Eunhyuk greeted the newcomers. He looked at Donghae. “Where did you leave Aiden?”

“Your mom.” Donghae grinned as he did a high five with the others as a greeting. “She insisted on taking care of Aiden tonight. She said she missed him already and told me to have fun with all of you.”

“Told ‘ya.” Hyukjae grinned as he took another sip of his beer once again.

“How’s Divisoria, Heechul?” Shindong asked as he took his glass of beer.

Heechul groaned as he let his self fall freely on the couch. “ you with all of my heart, Lee Sungmin.”

“Love you too, dude.” Sungmin laughed then took a sip of his drink as well. “Anyways, who wants to hear about Kim Heechul’s journey in Divisoria?”

All of us said yes and then grinned. The others laughed as they continue to listen to Sungmin’s storytelling about Heechul’s journey to Divisoria. When they were looking through the stalls in 168, one of the malls in Divisoria, a guy accidentally touched Heechul’s and he almost punched him due to irritation, anger and embarrassment. Sungmin had to pull him away as much as possible to avoid commotion at such a crowded place. The other one was the one who was cutting the first piece of fabric. He was cutting it so carelessly that Heechul got frustrated and asked him to do it nicely. The guy answered back rudely and told him, ‘Edi ikaw.’ Again, Sungmin had to hold Heechul’s arms to stop him from strangling the guy in front of him. The last one was the guy who sells bubbles (yes, bubbles.) outside the mall. He whistled when Heechul passed by and called him ‘Miss Beautiful’.. You know what happened next. Heechul is an ill-tempered diva. {Edi ikaw - literally: why not you?; used as 'why not do it yourself?'}

“Wow, Heechul. Just wow.” Leeteuk clapped as he laughed after hearing Sungmin’s story.

“I know right?” Sungmin said as he took a sip of his drink. “He should thank me. If it wasn’t for me, he’ll be behind bars right now.”

“Aish!” Heechul scratched his head out of irritation. “Who wouldn’t get mad if some random guy touches your ? And if they call you ‘Miss Beautiful’? Huh?” He downed all of the remaining contents of his drink in one go, and then placed it on the table. “Do I look like a girl? Huh?!”

“Actually, you do, with that long hair of yours.” Shindong got some snacks then munched on them with a sly smile on his face.

“I agree.” Donghae said as he took a sip of his beer. “Why do you even wear eyeliner? It makes you look like a girl more.”

“It makes my eyes look smaller. You won’t know because your eyes are not as big as mine.”

“Your eyes look nice.” Siwon commented as he looked at Heechul.

Heechul blinked then threw whatever was the nearest thing to him— which happened to be his wallet, and threw it at Siwon. His wallet is a little larger than a normal one, something that looks like a girl’s. It is rectangular in shape and is black and a little shiny. Siwon was able to block it with his arms as he laughed. “Yah, don’t make me feel weird and irritated, okay? I know you’re nice, but you didn’t need to say that.”

“I was just telling the truth, Heechul.” Siwon chuckled as he handed the wallet to me, and I handed it to the ones next to me. The rest did it as well until it reached Heechul.

Siwon really is nice, but he likes to use this trait of his to annoy others, especially Heechul. Even though he is the nicest guy among us, he sure knows how to be playful and mean when he’s around his friends.

“Shut up.” Heechul groaned as he closed his eyes, wanting to escape the reality that he is in now. “I don’t even know why I am here in the first place.” The others just shook their head in amusement and drank their glasses of beer.

“You okay, Hee?” Leeteuk asked as he patted Heechul’s shoulder. Heechul just nodded, and stayed still in his position.

“How’re you and Nari, Shindong?” Eunhyuk poked Shindong’s tummy as he grinned.

Upon hearing the name of Nari, Shindong’s lips formed a smile. Nari is Shindong’s girlfriend of five years until the present. They met through Facebook when Shindong was on his third year of college. They became friends and developed feelings for each other, and then you all know what happened next. Among all of us, only Shindong and Zhou Mi are in stable relationships. The others are still single and ready to mingle. “We’re fine. Nari wants a puppy.”

All of us laughed, but Kangin was the loudest. “A puppy! Your girlfriend wants a puppy!”

“I am telling the truth!” Shindong said. “She wants a Maltese or a Chihuahua. But I don’t want a Chihuahua! They’re neither cute nor pretty!”

“Get her a German Shepherd, or a bulldog!” Eunhyuk held his stomach as he laughed.

“Yah, shut up!” Heechul hit Eunhyuk’s arm with his ever so fabulous wallet. “My head hurts more because of you!”

“Why? Can’t I be noisy?” Eunhyuk teased. “You’re in a noisy place. Deal with it. Ginusto mo yan ‘e.” he grinned as he nudged Heechul’s shoulder. Heechul just shoved his arm away while Leeteuk laughed as he watched the two.

“Why not a baby?” Donghae laughed. “So that Aiden will have a playmate besides Bada.”

“I don’t think we’re ready yet. We’re still enjoying what we have at the moment.” Shindong shook his glass slowly, letting the ice cool down his drink.

“Just get married already!” Kangin teased.

“We will, don’t worry.” Shindong laughed as he finished his glass of vodka.

“Do you have plans already?” Eunhyuk asked curiously.

Shindong shook his head. “I haven’t thought about it yet.”

“If you need help, always know that we’re here.” I said. Even though we are a playful group of guys, and it seems like we don’t take things seriously, we become mature men whenever the situation requires us to.

Shindong smiled. “I know. Thanks. I j—” he got his phone from his pocket and looked at the caller ID. Shindong turned to look at the guys again. “It’s Nari. I’ll just answer the call.” He stood up and made his way towards the bathroom.

The night passed by quickly, and almost all of them are a little tipsy except Donghae, Heechul, Shindong and I. Donghae refused to drink after finishing a glass of beer because he still needs to fetch Aiden from Eunhyuk’s house. Having a child really makes you responsible and more matured. Heechul really fell asleep a few moments after he hit Eunhyuk with his wallet. Shindong spent most of his time talking to his girlfriend outside the bar. After a few minutes of staying in the bathroom, the place got a little noisy and he can’t hear his girlfriend clearly so he decided to go out. I went back to my office after Shindong left, since I needed to get some things in there. When I came back, I refused to drink as well because there are still some things that I need to do later.

The night was getting deeper and deeper, and some of us are scattered around the bar. Well, except Heechul and Leeteuk who are both asleep with their heads laid on each other’s, Sungmin, who is a little dizzy, his head laid on the table while mumbling some incoherent words which I didn’t manage to hear clearly, and Donghae who is busy talking to a drunk Eunhyuk. I was seated beside Eunhyuk, busy with the record book of the guests who came in tonight. Dang, the bar really is loaded. Kangin didn’t come back after saying that he’s going to pee. Siwon is in the dance floor, dancing with a random girl he met after he went to the bathroom to pee. And Shindong is still outside, I guess, talking to Nari on the phone.

“Youuuuu know, Donghaeeee,” Eunhyuk said, as he held Donghae’s shoulder. Out of curiosity, I turned to look at the two of them. “Your son is cute. He really is cuuuuuute. I want oneeeeeeeeeeeeeee,” he laughed as he got a little out of balance. Donghae held his body up, helping him sit up straight.

“I know.” He chuckled as he watched the drunken guy beside him shake his fingers to the music. “Why are you even drunk? I thought you don’t drink.”

“I just triiiiiiiiiiied.” He laughed. “And ta-dah!” He said with matching exaggerated hand gestures due to drunkenness. “I am drunk. Heeeeeeeeeeek~”

Donghae shook his head as he looked at Eunhyuk. He took a glance at me and I just shrugged. “I should’ve been here before you started drinking.”

“But you weren’t.” Eunhyuk laughed as he bobbed his head to the music with a goofy smile on his face, exposing his gums.

Donghae patted Eunhyuk’s shoulder and smiled. “I know. Next time, I’ll be here to stop you from drinking even a drop of liquor. You can’t handle it well.”

“I caaaaaaaaaaaaaan~” Eunhyuk laughed as he lost his sense of balance, eventually falling on Donghae’s lap. “Oh, look. Staaaaaars~” he began pointing at nothing in the air, looking like he’s counting something that only he can see. Dang, drunk Eunhyuk is great in live action and even better than what I imagined him to be.

“How many stars did you see?” Donghae asked in amused tone as he looked at Eunhyuk. We both laughed as we watched Eunhyuk count in the air.

He grinned. “None.” Eunhyuk laughed like a mad man as he got up. “I think you are the one who’s druuuuunk. You’re seeing staaaaaaaars~” Donghae shook his head and chuckled.

“And you knooooow,” Eunhyuk suddenly held Donghae’s shoulder tight, making Donghae look at him. “My stuuuudent in La Saaaaalle, confessed to meeee. She said she likes meeeee.” He laughed. “But I don’t like heeeeer! She’s pretty, but I just doooon’t like her.”

“So, if you liked her, would you date her?”

“Of course!” Eunhyuk answered without hesitation. “But the problem issss, I don’t. She’s too clingy and I don’t like iiiiiit.” He held his stomach as he laughed hard. “Oh, I forgot to tell youuuu. I saw two dogs having seeeex on the street this morninggggg.”

“Gross.” Donghae shook his head as he laughed.

“I know, right?” Eunhyuk laughed. “I’d rather watch poooorn than see those doooogs. Ughhhh.”

“Just sleep, Hyuk.” Donghae patted Eunhyuk’s cheek.

“I’m not yet sleepyyyyyy. Why don’t you sleep, Hae?” Eunhyuk squished his cheeks then laughed. He turned to look at me and waved. “Oh, hey, Yesung. I didn’t notice you were there.”

“Aras—” Donghae was cut off when he saw Sungmin suddenly sit straight, his eyes round and wide. Donghae and I looked at him with curious eyes.

“OH MY GOODNESS SIWON IS KISSING A GIRL!”

 

**