XV - What you think you deserve isn’t really what you deserve

Kings of Anything

 

 

Severely - FT Island

 

Title: Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OC
No. of Chapters: 15/?

 

(Chapter focus: Kyuhyun)

XV

What you think you deserve isn’t really what you deserve

 

October 10, 20xx, Thursday

KIBUM

 

 

 

“Don’t step on my foot!”

“Hey, hey!”

“I can’t see!”

“Move! I want to see as well!”

I stood behind the group of guys piling up by the window, literally shoving each other away just to get a glimpse of what’s happening outside; well, except for Heechul hyung since he isn’t the type of person to do it when he’s drunk, and besides, his temper is a little better at these times. At the moment, his head is laid on the headrest of the couch with his eyes closed. I think he’s asleep? I’m not sure though.

I know that almost all of them are dying out of curiosity about what the maknae among all of us that are here and Kean, which is unknown to them, are talking about. I don’t know what they are talking about as well, but I don’t feel the urge to ask Kyuhyun about it. Seeing agirl break down wasn’t a usual sight for all of us, especially the way how Kyuhyun reacted after seeing the crying mess in front of him: he scoffed, scratched his hair roughly and said, ‘tangina’, gave me the bottle of soju before pulling Kean outside the house for them to talk.

I crossed my arms across my chest, and watched the amusing scene in front of me as I leaned my body by the doorframe of the living room. The hyungs look like a bunch of high school students taking a peak at the girl’s locker room through a small hole on the wall.

“What’s happening?” I looked behind me and saw Donghae hyung walking towards me, stopping on the spot beside me as he looked at the other guys who were busy standing by the window.

“What happened to Aiden? Is he hurt somewhere?” I asked, my eyes still focused on the older hyungs standing by the window.

“He’s fine. He just woke up alone and got scared, but he’s asleep now.” Donghae poked my arm, making me look at him. “Now, tell me why these guys are like this. I only heard the doorbell and then the slamming of the door.”

“Just listen to them and you will know.” I grinned and patted his shoulder before going back to my seat beside Heechul hyung. Donghae looked confused but he nodded and sat on his previous seat as well.

“Yah, I never knew that Kyuhyun has a girlfriend!” Shindong said as he walked back towards the small stool where he was seated before the commotion started.

“Kyuhyun doesn’t have a girlfriend!” Sungmin said and then went back to his seat as well. Shindong handed him another bottle of soju which he gladly accepted.

“Then, what is it that we’re seeing?” Leeteuk hyung said, his eyes still focused on the scene outside the window.

“Kyuhyun’s hugging her! Kyuhyun’s hugging her!” Eunhyuk said in an excited tone, looking like a person who is watching some exciting film from the way that he gestured for the others to look at what he’s looking at at the moment.

“Hey, let me see!” Kangin hyung, who’s a little drunk, shoved Eunhyuk playfully, making him fall down on the floor. Kangin hyung laughed as he watched Eunhyuk’s reaction, and laughed with him as well as he stood up.

I must say, these guys are already drunk— well except for Eunhyuk who is usually like this. I laughed as I watched them go crazy over what’s happening outside. I can still remember the night when Sungmin called me just to confirm if Kyuhyun and Kean are together. Even though I was half-asleep when I answered the call, I heard Kyuhyun’s explanations over the subject matter. These guys will never really stop not unless they squeeze every bit of information from Kyuhyun.  Just the thought that one of the youngest among us already has a girlfriend is thrilling for them since Kyuhyun is known to turn down girls during our high school years. Kyuhyun doesn’t really fall in love quickly; it takes him a lot of time before he finally gathers the courage to court the girl that he likes just like what happened two years ago, during our freshmen year. One of his seniors in his org Tinig Amianan was his ex-girlfriend. She’s Ate Amee, and it took five months for Kyuhyun to admit to himself that he likes her and courted her for three months. Their relationship lasted for a year and two months, but it ended last June because it wasn’t working out for the two of them anymore; and most of all, Kyuhyun fell out of love of her.

Although I myself am curious of what’s happening outside, I can’t really meddle with their business. If I am ought to know what it is about, then I would know, someday, at the right time. I’ll just let the hyungs give their selves the benefit of the doubt and enjoy imagining things to their selves.

“Hey, Kibum.”  Heechul hyung suddenly sat up and opened his eyes, making me look at him. “Do you know that girl?” I nodded.

“Who is she?” Shindong said and munched on the fish crackers on the plate beside him as he looked at me.

“And do you know what happened to her?” Donghae asked.

I just shrugged. “I don’t really know what happened since I am not that close to her, and she isn’t Kyuhyun’s girlfriend if that’s what you’re thinking.”

“Kyuhyun’s pointing at us! He knows we’re looking!” Eunhyuk said.

Kangin hyung tapped Eunhyuk’s arm. “Shut up, Eunhyuk. Maybe that’s just a coincidence.”

“Then who is she?” Sungmin asked.

“You can’t remember her?” I asked Sungmin in an amused ton, and he just shook his head as he looked at me. “She’s Kean, Kyuhyun’s girl best friend in here.”

Sungmin’s expression brightened up upon hearing the name. “Oh! That was why she looked familiar!” He chuckled softly and looked at me. “I have been thinking all this time why she looked familiar, that maybe, I saw her somewhere but I just can’t remember.”

“Clearly, she’s not one of your girls.” Shindong grinned.

“You know her, Sungmin?” Heechul asked curiously.

“I just saw her in pictures. I j—” Sungmin was cut off when he saw the other guys hurriedly went back to their seats, pretending to do something else. A few seconds later, the door opened and Kyuhyun entered the house with a serious expression in his face. All of us looked at him.

“Can you please give us some privacy? Thank you.” With that, he went back outside.

We (Donghae, Heechul hyung, Sungmin and Shindong hyung) looked at the guys who looked like kids who just got scolded by their mothers, their heads hung low.

“Boom, dead.” I laughed and headed to the kitchen to get something to eat besides the pile of junk foods on the table.

**

 

KYUHYUN

 

“Now, what?” I kept a straight face as I looked at the crying mess in front of my. My fists were clenched into fists, and right now, I am trying my very best to contain my emotions that are ready to explode any minute now. I am furious, mad, angry, whatever you call it.

Kean bit her lower lip as she wiped her tears with her hands, but those tears just won’t stop. She’s like that whenever she cries, her tears are endless, it’s like she has an unlimited supply of tears somewhere inside that body of hers. She didn’t talk, but I knew exactly the reason why she’s crying. Her eyes says it all, no words are needed.

No matter how much I wanted to give her a handkerchief and hug her tight, I just can’t. I can’t let my guard down; she needs some serious scolding and a knock on the head to wake up from the fantasy that she had been living in in the past months. “I told you already, but you didn’t listen to me.” I closed my eyes and breathed in some fresh air to calm myself down. The alcohol in my system isn’t helping either; it only heightens my emotions at the moment. “I warned you ever since the start, Kean. My friend told me to warn you about him, and I did, but you never listened! I warned you, Kean. I warned you, right? Pero pinairal mo ‘yang kakulitan mo! O ano ngayon? Iiyak iyak ka?” [Pero pinairal mo 'yang kakulitan mo - But you chose to be stubborn; O ano ngayon? - What now?/Now, what?; Iiyak-iyak ka? - You're just going to cry like that?]

“Kyuhyun naman e..” Kean sniffed, tears continuously flowing out from her puffy eyes. She sat down on the ground and hugged her knees as she cried. At times like this, she looks the most vulnerable to me; I can’t see the friend that I always talk to, the one who always curses me whenever I’m being my annoying self towards her. The friend that I had been trying to protect all this time is crying in front of me; helpless and pained— and it makes me more frustrated than I was before.

“I warned you already, right?” I wasn’t able to control myself anymore. “But you didn’t listen to me, Kean! You didn’t listen to me! You didn’t believe me when I told you that he’s a ing jerk that wouldn’t do you any good. Oo, alam kong gago ako madalas pero alam mo naman na hindi kita pagtitripan sa mga ganyang bagay diba?! You know that well, Kean Perez! You know me so well and I know that you know that I never wanted you to end up like this! But look at what happened!?” [Oo, alam kong gago ako madalas pero alam mo naman na hindi kita pagtitripan sa mga ganyang bagay diba?! - Yes, I know that I always fool around but you know that I won't fool around with you with these kinds of things, right?] 

“Kyuhyun.. tama na, please..” [tama na - enough; stop it]

“I told you that he isn’t good for you, that he’s just going to play with your feelings just like what he did with his past girlfriends. He’s a playboy, Kean and that ing fact would never ever change, no matter how much love you give him. He’s a jerk, Kean. He is a ing who deserves to get hi—”

“Don’t talk about him like that!”

“Wow,” I scoffed and scratched my head out of frustration, looking at her with an irritated expression on my face. “Pinagtanggol mo pa talaga, ‘no?” She just stared at me with her blood-shot eyes as I waited for her response, but I got nothing. “May pagkatanga ka rin naman pala e no? That ing cheated on you, Kean. HE CHEATED ON YOU. He broke your heart and he’s the reason why you are a crying mess right now. Now, give me a reason why he doesn’t deserve to be called an !” I waited for an answer, but again, I received none. Kean stayed silent as she looked at me, her tears continuously flowing down her cheeks. “Ano? Why can’t you answer me? Is it bec—” [Pinagtanggol mo pa talaga no - You still managed to defend him, huh? ; May pagkatanga ka rin pala e no? - You're that stupid, huh?]

Oo na, tanga na kung tanga, but what can I do if I really loved him that much for me to be in pain like this after what he did? Yes, you warned me, but I chose not to listen, Kyuhyun. I was hoping that he wasn’t like what you told me he’s like, that maybe, he’s different, or that he’ll change for me because he lo—” [Oo na, tanga na kung tanga - Okay, okay! I am an idiot]

“That’s plain bull, Kean, and you know that so well. Don—”

“Please let me finish, Kyuhyun Cho!” She shouted as she hit my chest, which I accepted without complaints. I know that she needs to let everything out; she’s the kind of person who wouldn’t talk unless she can’t handle it anymore, and for her to break down like this, it only means that she had been holding it in for quite a long time now and it’s  too much for her. “I was hoping that he’s different. Is it bad for me to wish that he’d do that for me?” Her voice cracked at the end of the sentence, and she cried harder as she looked down, tugging tightly on my shirt. I tried my best to not look at her because of all things that I would never want to see, a girl crying is on top of my list; especially the ones who are really important to me. “It ing hurts like hell, Kyuhyun. It’s like a big stab on my ing chest, you know? I’m in so much pain right now, please, save your scolding for some other day wherein I am in my proper mind to answer you with a curse or hit you in the head. Please.. spare me.. just this once.. it really hurts.. it ing hurts.. putangina, Kyuhyun.. it really.. r-really.. hurts..”

I sighed and hugged her tightly in my arms. Maybe I should save that serious scolding and the knock on the head for some other time. It isn’t time for me to force some facts on her head, what she needs now is a friend who is willing to listen to all of the bulls that her boyfriend did— scratch that; ex-boyfriend is more appropriate—  and that’s what I am supposed to do right now. I rubbed her back and tried to calm her down, but she cried even harder. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have shouted at you. I can’t tell you that everything’s going to be okay because I know that it would never be okay, but I just want to let you know that I am here for you, no matter what kind of bull you are going through now.” No matter how angry I am at her for being dumb and for not listening to me, I just can’t stay like that.

We stayed like that for quite some time, her head leaned on my shoulder as she stared at something that I don’t know, tears continuously falling from her eyes even though she wipes them off, and me, her hair, humming a soft tune, hoping that it was enough to comfort her. I pulled out my handkerchief from my pocket and held her chin to make her look at me. With my handkerchief, I wiped the traces of tears on her cheeks. “You look ugly when you cry, so better smile now.”

Kean furrowed her eyebrows and covered her nose with her hand, making me confused. “Eew, you smell like alcohol. Have you been drinking?”

I chuckled after processing in my head what I just heard. “Sorry, the guys are here and we all had a drink.”

“Oh my.. I forgot you were with your friends! I shouldn’t have barged in like that and j—”

“It’s okay, this is more important than drinking with them.” I smiled and ruffled her hair. “Don’t worry about anything. Don’t worry about those guys over there—” I pointed at the window, where the guys are. Even though I didn’t look at them, I know that they’re there. Heck, they are a bunch of nosy guys who loves to gossip. Ha. “I’ll take care of them first and then we’ll talk about it. Okay?” Kean nodded and gave me an okay sign, and with that, I went back inside. The sight of the guys quickly going back to where they were seated before welcomed me, and I swear it’s hilarious. I tried to keep a straight face on as I looked at them. “Can you please give us some privacy? Thank you.” I swear, it took me 200% of my willpower to not laugh right there in front of them. I sat down beside Kean on the concrete floor outside when I got back. “Now, tell me.”

She heaved a long breath and sighed as she nodded. It’s obvious that she’s trying to put up a strong front because crying would only make her feel worse. Tao Huang, Kean’s ex-boyfriend, a Civil Engineering student from Saint Louis University, cheated on her with some girl she doesn’t know.  According to her, she saw them inside SM’s Department Store, walking hand in hand with Tao being all cutesy and stuff. She followed them all the way to Tokyo Tokyo where he kissed the unknown girl and that was it. Isn’t it enough proof to say that he’s been cheating on her?

Right after she finished her story, and just before I was able to comment on all the bull that that did, I was interrupted by her phone’s ringtone. Kean got her phone from her pocket, and from the caller ID displayed on the screen, I felt more agitated than I was before. He still had the guts to call her, huh?

“Don’t answer the call.” I said as I held her wrist, staring straight into her eyes. She blinked, and I exactly know what she’s thinking. “Don’t answer the ing call, Kean.”

She ignored my words and pressed the answer call button on her phone. Before uttering a single word, she heaved a sigh and placed her phone near her ear. “W-what do you want, Tao?” I wasn’t able to hear what that jerk is saying at the moment, but I know that he’s talking about ty things, making excuses and stuffs like that. Damn, I hate him more and more and more with every second that passed by. “W-what else do you want from me?!” Kean clenched her fist hard, up to the point where her long nails were leaving red marks on her palm. I held her hand, and told her that she should squeeze my hand instead. She did, and daaaaaaamn.  I never thought that it’ll be this painful. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from cursing because of the pain. Daaaaaaaaaaaang. It hurts, big time.

Despite the pain that I am feeling at the moment because of Kean’s strong hand that is squeezing my hand at the moment, I can’t help but feel curious about what they are talking about. As she listened to his words, tears started to fall down her cheeks once again. All of my efforts to stop her from crying were useless because she started crying once again. I really need to give that guy a strong punch to make him realize what he did. “Aren’t you done messing with my life yet?!”

Out of frustration, I took the phone away from her and put it on loudspeaker so that I will be able to hear him as well. It’s freaking frustrating to just sit there and try to guess what they’re talking about, you know.  Kean wasn’t able to protest because I glared at her when she opened to speak.

Tao’s breathing can clearly be heard from the other line. “..baby, please. Listen to me. I’m not going to deny what you saw, but I swear. It’s her fault, not mine. You love me, right? I love you so much, Kean. Believe me, I don’t want to lose you.”

“You have nothing to lose now, Tao. I’m done with all of your bulls, I’m done with you. It’s too painful. You took away six months of my life, Tao, and I won’t let you mess with my life again.”

“Damn it, Kean! Don’t make this any harder for me now. I told you to believe me, right?! Why wouldn’t you believe me?! I am your boyfriend, listen to me!”

“Tangina, you still had the guts to order me to listen to you? What else do you have to say? How awesome your time was when you spent it with her?” She scoffed as she squeezed my hand tighter, making me wince in pain. “The whole time that I was with you, you always made me feel like I was lacking in some ways and that I am not enough for you, that you don’t really love me. What you did prove it: it was a big slap on my face! I hate you, Tao. I really do, and I mean it this time. you. Big time. I don’t ever want to see you again, .”

“Fine, then. It’s your loss, Kean. Not mine. S—”

“You’re bull, man.” I told him before pressing the end call button. I looked at Kean and gave her a smile before patting her head. “There, I ended it for you. And..” I deleted Tao’s number and blocked him from sending any messages and calling her. After that, I went to Kean’s phone gallery where there are lots of pictures of her and Tao that were taken within the six months that they were together.  I was about to delete it, but Kean held my hand to stop me.

“K-kyu..” Kean looked at me with those sad eyes. “I’ll do it. Just.. please. Let me do it. My mind hasn’t fully processed what happened. Hindi pa nagsisink-in lahat e.” [Hindi pa nagsisink-in lahat e - What happened still haven't fully sinked in]

I sighed and nodded before giving her phone back. “I’ll let you deal with this alone. Just tell me when it’s too painful for you, okay? You know that I’m always here for you, even though minsan gago ako”.

Kean chuckled softly but bitterly. “Thank you, Kyuhyun. Really… I.. just have a question to ask.” I stared at her, waiting for her question. What is it this time? I am completely clueless. “Am I that ugly?”

I blinked, completely taken aback by her question. Of all questions, I never expected her to ask that. I blinked and scratched my hair. “No, you’re not. Why are you even asking me that question?”

“The new girl that Tao is dating is really pretty.” She picked up a small rock from the ground and threw it a few meters away from us as she sighed. “She’s really pretty. She’s everything that I’m not. Maybe that’s the reason why Tao chose her.”

“Hindi sya maganda, Kean.” I furrowed my eyebrows and then threw a pebble as well. “Mas malandi lang talaga siya kaysa sayo.” [Hindi sya maganda, Kean - She is not pretty, Kean ; Mas malandi lang talaga siya kaysa sayo - She just knows how to flirt better than you do]

All of a sudden, Kean laughed really hard. I am not sure why, but maybe because of what I said. But, what is funny with what I said? I was just stating a fact. As a matter of fact, she looked like a crazy person at the moment: she was laughing really hard while tears continuously fell down her cheeks. I don’t even know how to describe how hurt she is at the moment, but there’s one thing that I am sure of: it was beyond words, and it is something that cannot be comforted by words. No matter how hard she laughed, she only ended up crying, hugging her knees tightly. “I-it really hurts, Kyuhyun. Why is it that every time I fall in love, I always get hurt? I always end up with the wrong person.. don’t I have the right to be happy? Will it always be like this, with me in tears?”

I sighed and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to me. I rubbed her arm, making her feel that no matter what will happen, I’ll always be here for her. I may not be the best comforter, but I am 100% sure that I am the person who would never leave her especially at the times when she needs me the most. “Shh.. It’s not the end yet. He’s not the one for you. Don’t waste your tears over that a-hole. You deserve so much better, Kean. Don’t settle for what is there. You don’t have to endure all those pain just because you don’t want to be alone. I’m here, Kean, and you know that very well.”

“I don’t want to feel like anymore, Kyu..” She cried even harder than before. “It’s too painful. I don’t want to feel this way a-anymore..”

I sighed for the nth time today. This wasn’t what I expected to happen. Yes, a common friend of Tao and I warned me about Tao, about what he is like towards girl and told me to tell Kean, and I did. When Kean told me that she’s finally with Tao, I wasn’t able to do anything anymore, but I just waited for the moment wherein Tao would do his usual doings; and it came. The devastated state that Kean is in right now is even worse than the kind of aftermath that I expected for the expected break-up. I want her to feel better because seeing a girl cry because of a guy isn’t a really good sight, especially if that person is someone who is really important to you. I know that I’ve said that a lot of times, so excuse me because I am drunk at the moment.

An idea suddenly popped inside my mind just like a light bulb. “Hey.” I stood up and patted Kean’s shoulder, making her look at me. “I have a really great idea. Let’s go!”

Kean blinked as she let me pull her to where ever I am headed. “Where on earth are we going, Kyuhyun Cho?”

I just gave her a smile as a response and continued to pull her out of the village. Our apartment isn’t that far from the main road, and only a few minutes of walking would take you out of the village. As soon as the two of us reached the main road, I let go of her hand, leaving Kean with a big imaginary question mark written all over her face.

“Say everything you want to tell him. Curse him, anything. Shout it out, Kean.” I told her with a smile.

“Wouldn’t we get in trouble for doing this?” Kean asked as she wiped the traces of tears on her cheeks.

I shrugged with a playful grin on my face. “I don’t know and I don’t really care. Aren’t you used to getting in trouble? Aren’t you used to doing something that violates the norms?”

Kean chuckled softly and nodded. The two of us always do weird things whenever we are together in public. When I say anything, it is beyond your wildest imaginations. That’s the extent of our craziness together. Boredom does crazy things to us whenever we are free. “Yeah, sure. But you should start first so that I know what to do.”

“Okay, then.” I grinned and then cleared my throat. “CHO KYUHYUN IS THE MOST HANDSOME GUY ALIVE AND NO ONE CAN TAP THAT FACT!”

“What on earth is that?” Kean laughed as she pinched my arm, making me wince in pain.

I just shrugged when she let my arm go and then grinned. “At least I made you smile. Now, your turn!”

Kean nodded slowly and then cleared . “HEY! DOUCHEBAG! I ING HATE YOU! I’LL BE HAPPY BY MYSELF, YOU’LL SEE! I DON’T NEED YOU. I’M BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU! I’LL BE BETTER. I KNOW I DESERVE BETTER AND THAT PERSON ISN’T YOU! GAAAAAAH! I HATE YOU!”

“YEAH, YOU’RE AN ! YOU DON’T DESERVE THIS PERSON BESIDE ME!” I added and smiled as Kean looked at me. With the way her eyes looked, I can see that she is feeling better now than before, even though her eyes still look puffy. “Well done.” I smiled and patted her shoulder. “Sometimes, disturbing people really is fun. I j—”

“, Kyu! Let’s go!” Kean pulled me away from the place, making me feel confused. I looked behind us and saw an angry man who looks like he just woke up from his sleep walk towards us with an angry expression on his face. It’s almost midnight, and I know that no one would ever want to wake up from their sleep just because of some teen agers are shouting outside. But, I don’t really care. At least I made a friend smile.

“Oh .” I held Kean’s hand tighter and ran faster, pulling Kean with me. Instead of getting scared for getting in trouble, I just laughed it off.

Both of us were still laughing by the time that we reached our apartment. After making sure that the angry man is nowhere to be seen, we entered the apartment, both out of breath as we laughed.

“That was close.” Kean wiped the sweat off of her forehead and looked at me. She was still catching her breath from all of the running that we did just to reach the place. “But it was fun.”

“Of course.” I smirked as I pulled out another handkerchief from my pocket and handed it to her. Kean shook her head and gestured that she has one herself.  I wiped the sweat off of my face and grinned. “It was my idea and all of my ideas are awesome, fun and brilliant.”

Kean rolled her eyes at me and just laughed. “Shut up, Kyu.”

I chuckled and looked at her. “Are you feeling better now?”

She nodded. “Yup. Thank you so much, Kyu. I really appreciate it, and sorry for taking you away from your friends that you haven’t seen for so long.”

“It’s fine, they’ll understand. They’re big boys already.” I laughed. “Oh, c’mon. I’ll introduce you to the guys.”

She blinked and quickly shook her head. “What? No, no need. It’s fine, really. I ne—”

I grinned and pulled her towards the living room. “There’s no backing out now, missy. Most of them want to meet you, you know.”

“With me looking like this?” Kean raised an eyebrow as we walked towards the living room, where the rest of the guys are. We were welcomed by the sounds of laughter and endless chatting as we both stood by the doorframe awkwardly.

“Hey, guys.” I called, but no one seemed to notice me. I cleared my throat before starting my next sentence, and right before I started, Sungmin looked at me.

“Oh, hey Kyuhyun.” Sungmin looked at Kean and smiled before looking at the others. “Hey, guys!” He clapped to call their attention, and they all stopped with what they were doing and looked at him. “It looks like Kyuhyun finally decided to introduce us to his friend.”

“Yeah. Uhm.. She’s Kean. Some of you already know her.”

Kean smiled at all of them. “Hi, I’m Kean, and I’m not Kyuhyun’s girlfriend.”

Eunhyuk and Sungmin laughed after hearing Kean’s last statement since they were the ones responsible for that one. I introduced her to everyone, one by one, and I just found out that she was Donghae’s former neighbour. After a few minutes of chatting, I told the other guys that I need to send her home since it’s already late. Leeteuk hyung asked Kibum to come with us so that I won’t be alone when I go back, to which the others protested saying that I can protect myself using my sharp tongue.

“Thank you, Kyu.” Kean smiled and poked my shoulder. The three of us already reached Kean’s place, and all that’s left to do it go upstairs in order to reach her apartment.

“No problem, Kean.” I gave her a smile.

She turned to look at Kibum and smiled at him as well. “You, too, Kibum. Thanks.”

“I actually didn’t do anything, but, you’re welcome.” Kibum smiled back at Kean.

“Hey,” I said and she looked at me with her eyebrows raised. “Sleep well tonight,, you still have an exam tomorrow. Don’t think about it that much, okay?”

She nodded and saluted. “No problem, sir!” she looked around and then looked back at us. “Gotta go, bye!” Kean waved as she went upstairs, and I waved at her as well as I watched her take each step.

We both watched as she went upstairs, and I just noticed that someone was also going upstairs. I guess it’s her housemate, the nurse who I haven’t met yet. But what surprised me is that she’s someone that I know. I blinked three times, making sure that what I saw is right. Am I dreaming? Or am I just drunk?

I looked at Kibum who was busy with his phone and pulled his shirt to get his attention. “Hey, Kibum. Did you see her?”

He looked at me and placed  his phone back inside his pocket. “See who?”

Ate Mella.” I said. “The girl with Kean is Ate Mella. Didn’t you see her?”

Kibum shook his head with a smile before pinching my cheeks hard. “You’re already drunk, Cho Kyu. You’re seeing things. That’s impossible, how would Ate Mella get here?”

“It’s her! I know it’s her!” I pointed at the spot where I saw her, but they probably are upstairs already. “I saw her there, Kibum. I saw her.”

“You’re drunk, Kyu. Let’s go home now.” Kibum held my wrist and tried to pull me away from the spot where we are at the moment.

“I know I’m drunk, but I swear. I saw her.” I said as I looked at him.

Kibum sighed and nodded. “Whatever. Just don’t tell Hangeng hyung not unless you’re sure. Let’s go home.”

 

**

 

[A/N: Hi. Sorry for the laaaate update. Unexpectedly, I don't have any decent internet connection at the moment soI might have a hard time posting the new chapters. I'd post them within this week, but expect really slow updates until.. IDK when. really. I'm sorry. I'll try my best to update.]