VI - I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes

Kings of Anything

Title: Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OC
No. of Chapters: 6/?

 

(Chapter focus: Eunhyuk and Sungmin)

VI

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes

 

September 17, 20xx, Tuesday

SUNGMIN

 

Being a model means getting famous, and getting famous means getting little sleep and exhausted, and that’s the pace where I am right now— not the famous pace, but the little-sleep-and-exhausted-pace. I am still trying to get into the famous pace, but in the different industry. I want to be famous as an actor, and being a model is one of the milestones that I have to overcome to be an actor.

I’m not that famous as a model, but most of the photographers and magazines prefer having me in the shoot. It’s not that I am boasting, or being arrogant of the current position that I am in right now, I am just stating a fact. Most of them say that I am professional when it comes to work, and that all of my poses look natural. Being this awesome is something that I am good at.

I yawned as I entered our condominium unit. It’s two-thirty in the morning, and I just arrived from Bulacan. I received an urgent call from the agency telling me that I was requested for the photo shoot tomorrow for Cosmopolitan Magazine since the model that was supposed to do it got really sick and was confined to the hospital. Being the awesome person that I am, I accepted the offer— even though I don’t really have a choice but to say yes and yes only— and quickly went back to Manila even if it’s already two in the morning. I know that it will be hard for me to wake up early in the morning and go straight to the photo shoot without getting some sleep. I’ll look really weird and stressed, and it isn’t something that models like me should look like.

I lazily removed my shoes and placed it on the small shelf right beside the door before wearing my pink fluffy slippers that was neatly arranged by the doorstep. I really thank Ryeowook for keeping our condo unit clean and organized, and also for keeping our stomachs full with tasty home-made dishes that we all love.  All that I want at the moment is to get some sleep since I am needed at the shoot later at 9AM, and the shoot will take place in Pasay. A good sleep will be good for me, since I know that tomorrow isn’t a day that I am supposed to anticipate.

“Bed.. bed.. bed.. sleep..” I mumbled as I walked towards my room. I am holding my phone with my right hand since I just finished a phone call with my manager, and my bag is lazily hung on my left shoulder, and is ready to fall anytime soon. “Bed.. bed.. bed.. sl— WHAT THE HELL!” I instantly dropped my phone and my bag on the floor after seeing the ghost in the hallway. I never thought that there’s a ghost in our unit! Damn, I’ll definitely have a priest bless this place. It scared the hell out of me, and I am not sleepy anymore. I am wide awake.

“Shut up, Sungmin.” The ghost slowly removed the blanket that was wrapped around his body, and to my surprise, it was Eunhyuk. Damn, he scared me. But something in him looked odd. He doesn’t look like the usual Eunhyuk that I live with. He looks stressed and he has dark bags under his eyes.

“What the hell are you doing in here at two-thirty in the morning, Lee Hyukjae?” I hit his arm lightly and frowned. “You scared the hell out of me! I thought you were a ghost!”

“I don’t look like a ghost.” He scoffed and walked slowly towards the living room, passing by me without even saying a word. Boy, oh boy. This does not look good.

“What’s bothering you?” I asked him as I followed him in the living room after picking up my things from the floor. He lied down on the couch, still hugging the big round pillow that he was holding, and he used his blanket as a pillow. I sat down on the blue bean bag right next to the couch and examined the guy in front of me. Eunhyuk is the kind of person who finds it hard to sleep whenever something’s bothering him, and when he isn’t able to talk about it with others. Since I wasn’t feeling sleepy anymore, I decided to accompany him. He looked like he needs someone to talk to at the moment.

“I won’t tell you.” He shook his head and covered it with the large pillow.

I chuckled softly and shook my head in amusement. This person can get really childish at times like this. I stood up and tapped his shoulder. “I’m going to get some soju. Do you want some?”

“You know I don’t drink.”

“Okay then, suit yourself.” I smiled and headed to the kitchen to get some soju. I always ask Ryeowook to buy two to three bottles of soju whenever he goes to shop for grocery, since I like to drink a glass before I going to bed. It helps me sleep well at night.

I went back to the bean bag and sat on it again before taking a sip from my bottle of soju. “You really don’t want to drink?”

“I don’t drink, Sungmin.”

“Really?” I chuckled and took another sip before looking at him. Maybe a joke would help lighten up his mood. “Then how did you get drunk on the night that we all went to Yesung’s bar?”

He sat up and ran his hands on his face. “That was once, okay? And it will never happen again.”

I shook my head in amusement and he hit me with the pillow, which made me laugh harder. “C’mon, tell me what’s wrong.”

 “I’m not telling.” Eunhyuk shook his head and then ran his hands through his hair.

“C’mon, dude. I know I’m talkative. But when it comes to things like this, I know how to keep my mouth shut. I know when to keep my mouth shut.”

Eunhyuk sighed as he scratched his head. “I think I’m in love, dude.”

After hearing what he said, I almost spat my drink right on his face. Luckily, I was able to swallow the alcohol inside my mouth, and I ended up laughing out loud with what he said. I swear, I didn’t expect his answer.

Eunhyuk frowned at me before he threatened to hit me with another pillow. “Keep quiet! The boys still need to go to school tomorrow.”

I wiped the tears that were formed at the corner of my eyes because of too much laughing. “Grabe naman, Hyuk. I thought you were thinking about work that’s why you can’t sleep! Turns out that you’re one of those zombies bitten by the lovebug, eh?”

“I’m serious, Sungmin.” He looked at me with a straight face, with no trace of playfulness on his face. “Do I look like I’m kidding?”

I just shrugged and chuckled. “Who’s the unlucky girl?”

“She’s Henry’s friend. From what I heard, her name is Jeremie.” Eunhyuk nodded, and a few seconds later, he frowned. He looked like he realized something. “And why on earth is she unlucky?”

I shrugged and grinned at him. “Dunno. Is she?” I laughed as Eunhyuk threw another pillow at me. Luckily, I was able to catch it and I threw it back to him. “Why? What’s wrong with her? Is she ugly? Does she have a third eye? Weird hands? Manly legs or shoulders? What?”

“Nothing, okay?” Eunhyuk sighed and looked at me before he ran his hands through his hair. “Nothing’s wrong with her. It’s not her, it’s me.”

“Drama, ha.” Eunhyuk hit me with a pillow, and luckily, I was able to dodge it. I smiled at him and did a v-sign as a sign of peace. “Kidding.”

“Seryoso na kasi!” Eunhyuk rubbed his face roughly, looking really problematic and hopeless at the moment. “She’s too young, dude. She’s just the same age as Henry. She’s nineteen.” {Seryoso na kasi - Be serious this time.}

“And so? Danica was sixteen when you two started dating, and you were nineteen that time.” Danica was Eunhyuk’s ex-girlfriend two years ago. She is two years younger than Eunhyuk, and it was something that Eunhyuk considered as the reason why she fell out of love with him— she was too young and she wanted someone younger than him. She broke up with him the day before he graduated college two years ago. She left without any explanation why she’s leaving— she just left after saying sorry, leaving Eunhyuk clueless and desperately trying to figure out the reason why she left him. Ever since that day, he made himself busy with his job. He worked two jobs— as an engineer and as a dance teacher in order to forget about the girl who fell out of love with him. He was unstoppable— he wouldn’t stop dancing even though he’s really exhausted every time he remembers something that is related to Danica. After a year of emotionally torturing himself, he finally got over her, but the pain and trauma that Eunhyuk felt is still there, and it’s the reason why he’s scared. He prevents his self from falling in love for him to not be able to experience pain once again. No matter how tough Eunhyuk looks on the outside, he’s fragile and deeply scarred inside.

I saw the change in his expression as soon as I mentioned Danica’s name. I shook my head in disappointment. “You’re over her, right? What’s with you?”

“What if she’s just like her? What if I fall deeply in love with her, and what if she won’t love me back? What if she leaves me?” He let his self fall freely on the couch with a frustrated expression on his face. Eunhyuk loved Danica so much that he was even willing to give everything up for her. When she asks him to jump on a cliff, I doubt that he won’t do it. I know this guy— he’s a fool when it comes to love.

I tapped his cheek and sighed. “Dude, you haven’t even started yet you’re already thinking about how you two will end.” I rubbed his back, trying to calm him down. “Don’t overthink, Hyuk. You’re only hurting yourself when you do. Just go with the flow, and always know that whatever happens,” I scratched my head. “This might sound cheesy, but dude, we’ll always be by your side.”

“Yeah, that sounded gay and cheesy.” Eunhyuk chuckled softly as he patted my arm. “Ang bakla, pare.” {Ang bakla, pare - It’s so gay, dude.}

“It’s really obvious that you fell in love with her. I never thought that love at first sight actually existed.” I laughed and shook my head in amusement. We are seldom like this— serious and mature. Those versions of ourselves only come out when the situation requires us to. “Oh, and yeah. One more thing. Don’t generalize, not all girls are like her.” I tapped his shoulder once again. “It’s time to fully move on, Hyuk. Free yourself from all of those emotional baggages in you. It’s time for you to move on and live your life the way you want it, without the fear of getting hurt. Don’t be so afraid to make mistakes; don’t be so scared to get hurt. That’s what makes us human.”

Eunhyuk looked at me with a confused expression on his face before sighing heavily. “Why don’t you tell yourself that?” He scratched his head. “Don’t generalize, not all girls are like that. Why don’t you do it? Is it so hard to follow your own advice?”

I just gave him a small smile and stood up. “Mine’s a different story, dude.” I patted his shoulder before placing the bottle of soju on the sink. I got my bag and pmy phone and walked towards the hallway and took one last glance at him. “I’m going to sleep now, Hyuk. Think about it. Night.”

My story? It’s something that isn’t supposed to be told.

 

**

 

September 17, 20xx, Tuesday

EUNHYUK

 

“Why are we going to Benilde, Sasha?” I asked her as she literally dragged me towards the main gate of De La Salle College of Saint Benilde. She’s the girl that Ryeowook was talking about last night, and I never expected that she’s literally visit me in our unit and literally drag me all the way to Benilde. I don’t even know how she was able to know where I live. She really creeps me out.

“I’m going to meet a friend.” She said as she looked at me with a grin. “And I’m really glad that you’re free today, since I don’t have anyone to go with me.”

I rolled my eyes when she looked away. It is a good thing that she can’t see my eye-rolling because I am wearing sunglasses today (I need to cover my eyes since the dark bags are really obvious). This girl really is creepy. Ever since she asked me out, she started bothering me and asking me to go with her everywhere even without my permission, and call it a ‘date’. I even asked the security guard in our office to not let her in, no matter what she says and does. She is completely banned in our office.

“Don’t you have any friends?”

“I do, but they’re busy.” She pouted and batted her eyelashes. If she was some other girl, I swear, I would’ve fallen for her charms, but she isn’t. No matter how cute or pretty she is, the things that she does don’t have an effect on me. I have to admit, she’s pretty, but the creepy feeling whenever I am with her overpowers the attraction that I feel towards pretty girls. She was like an exception to all of them.

 “Don’t you have other friends?”

“I have you!” She giggled, and pulled me inside the building. Gosh, can this day get any better?

I just sighed heavily and let her pull me around the place since I can’t do anything about it. I must say, Benilde looks really nice. I have only been to Benilde once or twice, and I only reached their main lobby. It was the time wherein Henry forgot something at our unit and I was too nice to bring it over. I just looked around as Sasha pulled me through the busy hallways of Benilde.

“Are you still free after this?” Sasha glanced at me with a wide smile on her face, which is starting to irritate me, “Well, I know you are since you didn’t go to work today. Let’s have coffee in Starbucks after this, my treat!”

“Ugh.. no need, Sasha. I still need to go somewhere after this.” I lied. I really don’t have anywhere to go, I just want to get away from her. I never enjoyed her company. She thinks that I am her boyfriend already, and I really hate it. “Don’t you have classes, Sasha?”

“The professor is absent.”

Lies. I shook my head in disappointment. This girl is really out of her mind, she’s just wasting her parents’ money.

“Hi, Natalie!” I looked at Sasha, only to see her hugging a brunette who approached us, a few meters away from me. She kissed her cheeks and hugged her tightly. “I missed you!”

“I missed you, too, Sasha!” The said girl, named Natalie, said and gave her a smile. “What’re you doing here in Benilde? You have classes, right?”

“The professor is absent, so, I thought of dropping by and visiting you since I missed you.”

“But Sam texted me, asking if I knew where you were because the pr—”

“That’s enough, my dear.” She faked a smile as she widened her eyes at Natalie. The other girl just shrugged. I scoffed, amused with what I am hearing at the moment. This girl is insane.

“So, is he the guy that you’re talking about?” Natalie looked at me and then back at Sasha. “You told me that you’re going to introduce him to me.”

“Yes, he is. Eunhyuk, this is Natalie, my good friend. And Nat, this is Eunhyuk, my bo—”

“I’m her dance teaher.” I cut her off before she was able to say the word ‘boyfriend’. I can’t even remember how many times I tried to cut her off during introductions. She wants to introduce me to everyone as her boyfriend. It’s a good thing that I am able to keep myself calm during these situations. Sasha sure is one of the most irritating girls that I have ever met. I’m just trying to be professional and not let my personal s get in line with my job. I still have four months left with them, since I signed a contract with them that I’ll be their dance teacher for six months.

“Oh,” was all that Natalie was able to say.

“No, he’s my b—”

“Dance teacher. I’m your dance teacher, Sasha.” I glared at her.

She rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Anyways, I’m glad that you met Natalie. Sh—”

Thank goodness my phone suddenly rang. I’ll be able to escape from all of this craziness with Sasha. “Excuse me.” I fished my phone out from my pocket as I walked away from where Sasha and Natalie are. Thank you, whoever you are, caller. “Hello?”

“Hyung, are you in Benilde?” It was Henry.

“Unfortunately, yeah.” I shrugged as I placed my other hand inside my pocket.

“What’re you doing here? I can see you from where I am right now. I knew it was you.” He chuckled.

“Where are you?” I looked around the place, but Henry was nowhere to be seen. “Are you kidding me? I can’t see you anywhere.”

“Look up, hyung. I’m in the third floor.” I did what I was told, and there, I saw Henry standing behind the railings of the second floor together with his friends, Jeremie and the other boy. Unknowingly, I felt the weird feeling again when I saw her. I really can’t deny it. I must admit that what Sungmin said was true—I have really fallen for her in that short period of time, that love at first sight really does exist. “Hyung, are you okay? You look dazed.”

I blinked and shook my head. I was lost in my train of thoughts once again. “Y-yeah. I’m okay.” I cleared my throat as I thought of what to say. My mind turned literally blank after seeing her. “Anyways, I need your help. You know Sasha, right? I need to escape.”

Henry laughed. “Poor you, hyung.”

“Just come down here and save me and I’ll treat you.”

“I’m with my friends, the one I brought at home. I can’t leave them alone.”

I sighed as I rubbed my temples. “Okay, bring them with you. I’ll treat them as well. Just come down here and save me, please. She’s walking towards me already.”

“Aye aye, captain!” Henry chuckled and hung up. I walked in circles around the field as I waited nervously for Henry. Dang, I don’t think I can last for another hour with Sasha.

“Eunhyuk!” I heard her call. Shoot, Henry. Faster! “Eunhyuk, over here!”

“Hyung!” THANK GOODNESS. I faced the direction where Henry’s voice came from, and it was on the opposite direction. I literally ignored Sasha and Natalie, and I saw the look on her face. It was amusing.

“Henry!” I grinned as Henry approached me and I ruffled his hair afterwards. I sighed in relief as Henry winked at me. I am really thankful that they arrived on time. Jeremie and the other boy whose name I don’t know stood behind Henry, giving me awkward smiles. I gave the other boy a small nod and he did the same, and when I looked at Jeremie, my heart went wild again. I gave her a smile. “Hello.” At least I managed to smile and not stutter..

She smiled back at me. “Hello. It’s nice to s—”

“Eunhyuk!” Sasha suddenly entered the scene when she tapped my shoulder. I looked at her and she smiled at me. “Let’s go now? Natalie and I are going to have lunch together. You should come with us. She’s dying to get to know you.” I heard Natalie mumble some words, and the only words that I was able to comprehend and fully understand were.. ‘No, I’m  not.’

“Mm.. Sasha, actually, I’m with some friends right now, and we’re go—”

“Oh really?” She cut me off and held my arm as she looked at the others. I just rolled my eyes and glanced at her. She gave them a wide smile. “Hi, I’m Sasha. It’s nice to meet you. I’m Eunhyuk’s gi—”

“Student.” I cut her off just before she said the forbidden word. Damn, she’s getting more irritating. “She’s my student.”

Sasha looked irritated and just crossed her arms. “Anyway, Eunhyuk and I need to go. It’s really nice to meet the three of you.”

“Actually, Sasha, I made plans with them before you came into our unit.” I removed her arm from mine, walked towards Henry and stood beside him. “And they were the ones that I was talking about a while ago. I’ll be going with them, just call your driver if you want to go home.”

“But Eunhy—”

“Bye Sasha!” Without waiting for her response, I held Henry’s arm and walked away with him, Jeremie and the other boy followed us. The only thing that I hear was Sasha throwing a fit. Heeeeeee.

“That was nice, hyung. Good job!” Henry chuckled and gave me a high five.

I wiped the imaginary sweat on my forehead and sighed in relief. I thought I need to spend a whole day with Sasha because I can’t find any decent excuse and that is something that I will never want to happen. “That was close. Thanks, Henry.”

Henry grinned and patted my back. “Anytime, hyung.”

“Ugh… excuse me?” Jeremie suddenly said, making all of us turn our gazes to her. “I might seem a little nosy, but since I am here, can you tell me what’s happening? I’m here, but I feel lost, ‘ya know.”

“Oh.” Henry blinked and chuckled before he proceeded to tell Jeremie and the boy whose name I don’t know the whole story about Sasha. The two laughed when Henry said, ‘Gwapo kasi e.’ after saying that Sasha had been following me around—no, stalking is the perfect word for that ever since the first day that she met me in that dance studio near their place. “So, I guess I haven’t introduced you properly, yet, right? This is Eunhyuk hyung,” he pointed at me and grinned. “He was the one holding the charger last night.” I hit Henry’s arm right after he said that. Damn. That wasn’t needed.

Jeremie chuckled and looked at me with a smile. “Yeah, I know.”

“And they’re Jeremie,” Henry pointed at Jeremie, “And he’s Kyungsoo.” So, his name is Kyungsoo. Finally, I don’t need to call him ‘the-boy-whose-name-I-don’t-know’.

“I’m Kyungsoo. It’s nice to meet you.” Kyungsoo smiled and offered his hand for a hand shake. I gladly took it and said the same as well.

“I’m Jeremie.” She offered her hand for a hand shake, a warm smile slowly forming in her lips. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Dugeun dugeun.

At first, I hesitated to shake her hand. But after some thought, I gladly accepted it. I smiled at her. “I’m Eunhyuk. It’s my pleasure to meet you.”

There’s no harm in trying, right?

**

 

September 17, 20xx, Tuesday

SUNGMIN

 

“You look pretty tonight, sweetheart.” I whispered to the girl seated beside me inside a bar in Pasay. I wrapped my arm around her waist as she whispered really flirty words to me, making me chuckle. Can this night get more amusing?

The girl I am with, whose name I can’t really remember, is the model that I worked with this morning for the magazine shoot, and because of my extremely great and awesome flirting skills, I was able to ask her out of a drink after the shoot was over.

“I know I’m pretty, but thank you anyway.” She smirked at me and placed a hand on my right thigh. Pretty conceited, huh?

Let me tell you a secret: I don’t really like calling them by their names. With ‘them’, I mean, the girls that I flirted with. I call them baby, sweetheart or darling since I’m not really good with names. I don’t to mix them all up and get slapped for calling them some other name.

“Should we dance?” she said as she ran her hand on my thigh, making me smirk.

“Why not?” I stood up and offered a hand to her, whom she gladly accepted, and the two of us made our way towards the dance floor.

The lights in the bar are dim and loud music is blasting everywhere. Drunk people are all over the place— dancing like mad people who just got loose from a prison. The whole place is wild— you can see people making out in every corner of the bar, and this is the kind of place where I relieve my stress. This is the kind of place that I like when I’m with girls. Take note, girls with the s.

As I danced with the girl in front of me, I naughtily squeezed her and ran my hands sensually down her back. Dang, I know I’m awesome, and from the look on her face, she likes it.

“Your hands are naughty, huh?” She said in a seductive voice and smiled at me. Our bodies are extremely close to each other, and she likes it. Me? I’m used to this.

“No they’re not.” I shrugged as I let go of her, flashing a naughty smile at her. “I am innocent.” She just chuckled and moved closer to me, locking her arms around my neck. I smirked and played with the zipper of her dress. “You know, this dress is too long for you.”

She raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Oh, it is?”

“I think so.” I started to pull the zipper down but she held my hand.

“Don’t get too excited, babe.” She ran her free hand on my cheek. “I know that we’ll get to that part a little later. In a private place, not in here.”

I chuckled in a husky voice and raised an eyebrow. “Really? But I’m getting more and more excited, sweetheart.” I ran my hand down her waist, and when I looked behind her, something unexpected was what I saw.

I blinked twice in order to confirm what I just saw. Did I just see her here? What is Rebi doing in here? I blinked once again, but when I opened my eyes, she was nowhere to be seen. Maybe I was just hallucinating. I mean, what would Rebi do in this kind of place?

“Babe, what’s wrong?” She cupped my cheeks, making me look at her. Her thin, red lips formed a pout, and I can see that she is trying to seduce me. Ha, that does not work on me, woman, but I can put up with these kinds of acts.

I just shrugged with a playful smile on my face. “Don’t mind me. It was nothing.” I grinned and leaned closer to kiss her neck. I nibbled on the skin left a hickey, and when I heard her moan, I know that she likes it. I trailed kisses all the way to the edge of her lips. “You know, your lips look soft and nice. I feel like biting them.” I kissed the edge of her lips and smirked.

“Then why don’t you do it?” she smirked at me, and with that, I locked my lips with hers. I kissed her lips hungrily and lustfully, my tongue is literally inside , dominating the kiss. Damn, she’s a good kisser.

A few minutes after making out with her, I pulled away, leaving her wanting for more. When she was about to kiss me again, I placed a finger on her lips. “Don’t get too excited, sweetheart.” When flirting with a girl, you should know the push and pull technique: Lead her on, but leave her wanting for more, leave her hanging. Make her frustrated, and that’s the part where everything gets more exciting.

“Oh my, I’m sorry!” she literally fell on me after some girl ran into her from behind. She frowned and faced the girl who kept saying sorry. I just rolled my eyes and placed my hands inside my pocket, watching the scene in front of me. Dang, girls would be girls. Too much drama.

“! Look at where you’re going!” She pushed the other girl, making her fall on her . They are making a scene, and the people around are looking at us. I shook my head and walked towards the girl and offered my hand, but sweetheart pulled me away. “What do you think you’re doing, Sungmin? She started it.”

I literally ignored her and offered my hand to the girl, but she refused to accept it. “I’m really sorry.”

That voice is familiar, and when I saw her side profile, I know that I wasn’t hallucinating a while ago. Rebi is here, and she’s walking away from me quickly.

I smirked and followed her, but the girl that I was with pulled me back.

“Where do you think you’re going?!” She glared at me.

“Away from you.” I smirked and removed her hand from my wrist. “You’re boring.” I turned to walk away and I heard her scream.

“You know what? It’s not my loss. It’s yours!” She screamed as I walked away, but I don’t care. “ YOU, !”

I stopped in my tracks and glanced at her, seeing her pissed expression. I smirked. “Yeah, me.”

I quickly ran towards the direction where Rebi went, and I saw her a few feet away from me. “Don’t run, Rebecca Choi. I know it’s you!” I said in Korean, so that she can hear and know that it’s me, and that I saw her. But she didn’t stop. I followed her all the way out of the bar. So, you really want to play, huh? “Don’t run! I know it’s you!” I said once again, and smirked after coming up with something that can definitely make her stop. “Siwon would be really glad if he finds out.”

With that, she stopped and turned around to look at me. I smiled in victory as she looked at me with pleading eyes. “Don’t tell him, please.”

“What’re you doing in a place like this?”

I looked at her from head to toe. Dressed in simple black jeans and printed white shirt, she looked at me with nervous eyes. “My friend brought me here. She told me we’re going to a party, but I never thought that she’s going to bring me here.” She chewed on her lower lip as she fidgeted with her fingers. She looked like an innocent girl who’s about to get scolded. Rebi might be loud and noisy when she’s mad, but still, she’s Siwon’s innocent little sister. Siwon’s words are like laws for her—she never tried to abide them, and one of his rules stated that she can’t go to places like this when he’s not with her, or not until she graduates college.

“Mm..” I nodded slowly and looked at her. “You should go home now. This isn’t a good place for innocent girls like you.”

“My bag’s inside, it’s with my friend.” She crossed her arms and blinked, looking like she just realized something. She glared at me.  “I’m not innocent!”

I chuckled as I looked at her expression. “Okay, let me try another. You’re not as wild as the people in here. Happy?”

Rebi raised an eyebrow and looked at me before she nodded slowly. “That would do.”

“Go get your bag. I’ll take you home.” She nodded and went inside.

I care for her like a little sister since he’s my friend’s younger sister. I was able to watch her grow from a clueless elementary school girl into an innocent high school student. In the present, she’s a combination of both when it comes to situations like this. Siwon built a large and invisible wall that blocks Rebi from the real world that she’s supposed to face in her age. Siwon made sure that she was still his little sister, but what he didn’t know is that Rebi is slowly breaking the said wall, but is carefully making decisions whether to pass through that wall or not. How did I know? I can see it clearly on the way she’s acting right now.

My phone suddenly rang, pulling me out of my train of thoughts. I quickly fished it out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID: some girl who I can’t remember. I pressed the answer button. “Hel—”

“WHERE ARE YOU, ? I’M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET. FUC—” I pressed the end call button, deleted her number and blocked it as I chuckled to myself. I am kind of used to these kinds of things, that’s why I use two cellphones— the other one is for personal purposes and the other for flirting and ty purposes. These girls should know that I’m not up for long-term s.

A few minutes passed by, but still, Rebi didn’t show up. I took a look at my wrist watch, before looking around the place. Fifteen minutes passed already, but she’s still nowhere to be seen. What’s taking her so long? Getting her bag isn’t a hard thing to do. Out of curiosity, I went back inside just to check if she’s still there, only to find her cornered by a bunch of ugly and bulky guys. I shook my head in belief and clicked my tongue. I wasn’t expecting for some action tonight.

“Go away, ugly people.” I shoved the guy in front of Rebi and held her wrist tightly. She looked scared and helpless. I tried to get out of the place quickly but someone pulled me back.

“ off, dude. We saw her first.” The bulky guy who I shoved away said with an angry expression on his face. The other guys were busy warming up, looking like they wanted a fight.

“You saw her first,” I scoffed and looked at them, a smirk slowly forming with my lips. “But she’s mine now.” I looked at her and gestured that it’s time for us to leave now since I can smell trouble.

“Where the do you think you’re going?!” To my surprise, he pulled me back and punched me in the face. Dang, it didn’t even hurt that much, but my lips are bleeding. This guy is basically a bag filled with air. Ha.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Rebi gasp as she looked at me who fell on my . “Are you okay? I’m so sorry, it’s my fault. Can you stand up?”

I smirked as I stood up, wiped the blood off of my lips and gave her a wink. “Watch me.” In exactly five minutes, I was able to knock out the three bags of air disguised as human beings. They may look all muscular and bulky, but they didn’t have the strength unlike me, who looks soft and fragile, but I am one hell of a strong guy. I do martial arts every weekend. It’s my hobby.

“H-how did you do that?” Rebi was still in the state of shock, looking at the three guys on the floor, then back at me.

“Later. Let’s go.”

“Please, don’t tell Siwon oppa what happened,” Rebi pleaded as she followed me outside the bar. “I’ll be dead if he finds out.”

I chuckled as we both reached my car. “I’ll think about it.” I got my keys from my pocket and opened the car’s door, letting Rebi get inside first.

“Please, Sungmin oppa. I’m begging you. Don’t tell Siwon oppa.”

“I said I’ll think about it.” I settled in the driver’s seat and took my bag from the back seat. I rummaged through its contents and got a bottle of water and took a sip.

“I’ll do anything you want!”

That statement made me stop. I raised an eyebrow and took a quick glance at her before starting the engine. “Anything?” I placed the bottle of water on the dashboard and took another glance at her.

“Well..” Rebi played with the straps of her seatbelt before she buckled it. “As long as it’s within my range of abilities.”

“Mm. Okay.” I plainly nodded. “I’ll think about it and I’ll let you know.”

She nodded. “So.. you were with your girlfriend.” She looked outside the window and laid her head on it.

I shrugged. “I don’t have a girlfriend.”

“Who’s that girl?”

“She’s nothing.” I chuckled and took a quick glance at her. From the corner of my eye, I saw her blank expression change into an irritated one, her eyebrows slowly meeting in the middle of her forehead, forming a frown, but it quickly faded away.

“Playboy.” Rebi chuckled as she shook her head, but I can see a different kind of emotion in her eyes.

I smiled an unusual smile; it didn’t reach my eyes. “At your service, ma’am.”

**